Bit Of A Yarn

Craig Kennett-Tosser

Newmarket

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Been reading what this arse says on the Harness Owners Facebook. This guy is a total moron, it would be the most negative site you will ever find. Only about 10 people ever post, with this guy in control. 

Feel sorry for the Purdon stable, they are under attack each week. 

can you screenshot?

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

can you screenshot?

Mate, too many to screenshot. Its the harness owners site, you have to ask to get on it, but then they get rid of you if you dont fit in. Michael house was given heaps, as were many others, its a disgrace. I deleted myself from it last week, it is just so negative! 

We have negative posts here, but also positive.

4 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Mate, too many to screenshot. Its the harness owners site, you have to ask to get on it, but then they get rid of you if you dont fit in. Michael house was given heaps, as were many others, its a disgrace. I deleted myself from it last week, it is just so negative! 

What does he go on about?

recent penalty submission rant

Respondents submissions

[11] Mr C Kennett commenced his penalty submission by stating in the harness industry a person was guilty as soon as the RIU charge a person, which he alleged was “corruption”. He believed the RIU case was based “on a … vet's testimony whom I have had a major argument with in the past. I knew he would get me one day being a race course vet.”

[12] Mr Kennett then stated he was “leaving the corrupt industry and at this point in time I will not be making any submissions on anything because I do not acknowledge anyone's authority over me other than the actual law in NZ, the police and any other NZ law enforcement agencies that my tax goes towards funding to protect the citizens of New Zealand…. I am honest and no criminal. Not the racing industry, which is just an expensive sport controlled by people who are not one bit legally qualified to run it as a higher entity than it really is, which is an amateur sports body. HRNZ and the RIU and the JCA do not pay us wages. It is an amateur sport run by amateurs with no professional qualifications to hold their positions, that makes up its own rules to just squeeze money out of everyone as a means of taxation….”

[13] Mr Kennett stated that he and his son “love our horses and do not harm them. They wouldn't win us races either if we treated them as the RIU and their crony vets like Gillespie imply we do.”

[14] Mr Kennett also believed he was being harassed by HRNZ because he posted on a closed owners’ Facebook page. He had questioned why the RIU did not test all winners. He also questioned why some time in the past Josh Kennett and himself had been required to put VALMAGNE in the names of caretaker trainers at Cambridge even though he was there as the official trainer with the horse and was doing everything with him. This was not in the rules. It was simply harassment.

[15] Mr Kennett referred to his “indiscretions with the Rules regarding drivers being urine tested”. He said he had paid the price for these, being fined $400 twice, along with 9-month and 10-month suspensions.

[16] Mr Kennett concluded his email by stating, “I get my back up when I am treated unfairly by anyone and I especially get my back up with this lot who have massive egos and who have pushed me out of the game.”

[17] We have considered all of Mr C Kennett’s penalty submission. Those parts of his email that are a personal attack on a member of the RIU we do not repeat in this decision.

[18] Mr J Kennett’s email is brief. He recounts his disillusionment with the harness racing industry and the fact that he has listed his horses for sale online. He also states that he intends to send his licence in the mail to HRNZ.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Jesus, sounds bloody dangerous. Maybe i shouldnt have started this thread, just gonna lock doors and put my 15 gaurd dogs outside?

I do believe he was on RC a few years ago. Long termers would confirm that. If my memory also serves me well he caused a lot of trouble.

He will be on here soon lol ?

I have backed his horses before. They bob up now and again so he is not the worst out there. Always go good at Waimate! He just might be peeved the track was closed for so long ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I do believe he was on RC a few years ago. Long termers would confirm that. If my memory also serves me well he caused a lot of trouble.

I have backed his horses before. They bob up now and again so he is not the worst out there. Always go good at Waimate! He just might be peeved the track was closed for so long ?

Johnryan one of his user names on r.c, things are quite tame now compared to back then

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

he is always peeved

11 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Johnryan one of his user names on r.c, things are quite tame now compared to back then

Remember him well. Funny how he is judge and jury of so many, yet he has so many fines himself. 

Always going on how the game needs to be clean, yet it was he who left forbury before testing. Full of it this guy, feel sorry for his kids

• Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

?

another trainer wanting to ensure a start in the rowe cup would not have been winning at hawera

but it got kennett yet another opportunity to chuck his toys and claim he was hard done by

when i think of valmange and craig kennett i think of d g mccormicks breed and i s sutherlands good mare screws loose

Edited by Rangatira