Bit Of A Yarn

Craig Kennett-Tosser

Newmarket

Its a bit hard to get a balanced view of mr kennetts  opinions given we have only limited information posted on here. Apparently he has upset a few with the manner in which he has delivered them, however that is mr Kennett for you.  He has his own style, he does not hold back and some would say he oversteps the line quite often by making things personal.  That is probably fair comment going by past experience of what I have read..  

What is unfortunate is the way he delivers his opinions actually detracts from the views he is expressing.   

Like it or not,and i'm sure many won't, I think many actually agree with some of what he has to say.  

For example I see nothing wrong with expressing an opinion that laments the fact that some stables have the resources to access the latest methods of improving horse performance,for example the regular monitoring of bloods and what goes into the horses body so as to have it at its peak on the right days. Its what you would expect from the top stables,they have the owners with the money who can afford to invest in that side of things.  Most don't have those resources and therefore meet those that do, at a disadvantage.  Of course if you express an opinion like I just have then you get people jumping out of trees to say your jealous and anti certain stables.   Even when you clarify you are not suggesting anything illegal,those very same people complain about you making personal attacks then they go and do just that by calling you a nutter or whatever. 

In fact I had that on tuesday when I told someone to get on a certain stable after I watched race 2 and in my opinion saw an obvious improvement in the performance of certain horses on recent performances. That stable was obviously peaking on the day as you would expect from them.. 

It really just depends who you talk to,to one person i was  a nutter,to the next person I talked to I was told they  had thought it pretty obvious and did not need to be told that.

Its all just part of the sport and those that follow it, and mr Kennett is just part of the landscape, as we all are.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2