Bit Of A Yarn

A PLEA.... to all you good racing folk

hesi

Comps are great, but if you want a viable, alternative racing chat site, that

- is professionally run

- has professional IT support(no outages:))

- has many more features, with more to come, than the competitors

- most importantly, won't tolerate sustained personal abuse

- won't ban you if you criticise or disagree with the site owner

Then please support BOAY by posting your views on whatever

I know it's difficult, bit like a party that you turn up to with only 2 people there.

But a bit of perseverance, and soon the uncool place becomes THE part of town to be seen at:)

• Like 3

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, hesi said:

Comps are great, but if you want a viable, alternative racing chat site, that

- is professionally run

- has professional IT support(no outages:))

- has many more features, with more to come, than the competitors

- most importantly, won't tolerate sustained personal abuse

- won't ban you if you criticise or disagree with the site owner

Then please support BOAY by posting your views on whatever

I know it's difficult, bit like a party that you turn up to with only 2 people there.

But a bit of perseverance, and soon the uncool place becomes THE part of town to be seen at:)

it be great if boay takes off as harness café is losing the plot

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

it be great if boay takes off as harness café is losing the plot

Too right hunter, a fair few idiots on there now that won't allow anyone else to have an opinion. Hope the good guys like your self come over so we can debate topics without the nastiness and the sucking up to the "führer" on the other site.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Too right hunter, a fair few idiots on there now that won't allow anyone else to have an opinion. Hope the good guys like your self come over so we can debate topics without the nastiness and the sucking up to the "führer" on the other site.

thanks flagship are lot of idiots good we can debate topics and have your say feel for poor old brodie

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

thanks flagship are lot of idiots good we can debate topics and have your say feel for poor old brodie

all Brodie says is what he believes, the brodster thing is just tongue and cheek and anyone with a sense of humour would get it.  even the person running race cafe that should be promoting good debate and be impartial is bullying him now....good thing he has a thick skin. He will be over here for good soon!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

all Brodie says is what he believes, the brodster thing is just tongue and cheek and anyone with a sense of humour would get it.  even the person running race cafe that should be promoting good debate and be impartial is bullying him now....good thing he has a thick skin. He will be over here for good soon!

hope every one moves over here can leave lee and fart behind would be great

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes, some are a protected species, that’s for sure. 

As for Brodie, never had an issue with him. But, I suppose he did sort of rate himself, and maybe hearing each week that the tab wouldn’t take his bets, was a little tiresome. But yeah, hope he starts posting here, we need everyone. 

Maybe Iraklis, we need his excitement & enthusiasm ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Looking at this post, Brodie might be here sooner rather than later. 

I like this part the best..... I don’t like arrogant know all’s!!! ????. That’s him and his mate to a tee!! 

Its a poor response from an owner of a site, very unprofessional indeed.

E14E7AE7-ABC2-43CB-B84F-EAF9113D0D0D.jpeg

Yes, I have been following it, scooby's now telling people what to call themselves, he may as well give people a script of what to say, getting ridiculous, but as you say the selected few can call anyone every c...t under the sun and get away with it!

• Like 1

Oh well, looking at these posts, nothing has changed over there. To be honest, been far happier since I left. 

Just to confirm, I wasn’t banned. I kept getting monitored for no reason, which annoyed me, but final straw for me, was getting a telling off for posting a few tips in wrong section, while every man and his dog were posting on main racing section. I told Scobie I was going. But over that, to be honest haven’t been over there much since. Let’s all rise above that stuff, and concentrate on the great racing scene we have in nz. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

Oh well, looking at these posts, nothing has changed over there. To be honest, been far happier since I left. 

Just to confirm, I wasn’t banned. I kept getting monitored for no reason, which annoyed me, but final straw for me, was getting a telling off for posting a few tips in wrong section, while every man and his dog were posting on main racing section. I told Scobie I was going. But over that, to be honest haven’t been over there much since. Let’s all rise above that stuff, and concentrate on the great racing scene we have in nz. 

It's a level playing field here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

good to see your hear mate have to start tipping us into a winner or two

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Portfolio said:

You are welcome to post whatever you want.  The rules are simple don't go below the standards of a good yarn in the pub after work, don't defame and don't bring someone's family into the argument unless they can defend themselves.

If the racing industry is going to survive and grow we need robust and open debate.  That's one of the things I personally like about sport.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

Hunter, don’t feel sorry for Brodie, he is able to cope with most things!

One of my biggest disappointments in life is that I have been suspended for a couple of days by The administrator Scooby, for what I am not too sure?

Apparently he thinks I am a Bignoter and called “The Brodster” a “Tosser”

Very hurtful that was, and not too sure as to how he knows that I am a tosser?

Anyway I think I need to leave that site alone as there are a rogue element on there that don’t want to debate any issue diplomatically and with fact, but just want to stir.

The administrator I personally believe has lost the plot as well allowing several to railroad other people’s views, just because they can and the intelligent posters are being the ones suspended!

Yes I can say things with tongue in cheek at times, but we all need some humour in our lives at times don’t we?

Anyway, hopefully the semi intelligent will come across to here!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Yes, some are a protected species, that’s for sure. 

As for Brodie, never had an issue with him. But, I suppose he did sort of rate himself, and maybe hearing each week that the tab wouldn’t take his bets, was a little tiresome. But yeah, hope he starts posting here, we need everyone. 

Maybe Iraklis, we need his excitement & enthusiasm ?

Newmarket, of course I rate myself, if you can’t rate yourself then who is going to apart from your partner?

Yes I did wank on about the TAB, as they have a vendetta against anyone who shows that they can win money from them!

They are in the business of gambling and should be prepared to take the good with the bad rather than just take take take by them!

My opinion is that if I brought it up many times, then they may just need to look at their systems rather than driving many more punters away from punting!

• Like 1

Hesi, it is good to see that this site has started to take off!

It is really great that the other administrator on the other site has stuck with the ones that were causing the trouble!

Good to see gratitude for a blogger that contributed many articles that were worth discussing!

Anyway, i hope he enjoys the articles that his rogue bloggers contribute in the future.

Yep, you guys go for it:)

The owner on the other site had this rather strange philosophy that he was doing everyone a favour by putting up a site that people could express their opinions.

I can't speak for the Chief, but I'm sure he would go along with the thinking that you guys all make the site and therefore he is grateful to everyone who has taken the time to post

• Like 2