Bit Of A Yarn

auckland racing

the galah

I thought the most interesting thing about tonights racing at Auckland was only 2 drivers improved their positions prior to the last 800m,and one of those had broken early..   Has there ever been a night  with so few moves in recent times.?  

Edited by the galah

10 hours ago, the galah said:

I thought the most interesting thing about tonights racing at Auckland was only 2 drivers improved their positions prior to the last 800m,and one of those had broken early..   Has there ever been a night  with so few moves in recent times.?  

Auckland Harness is extremely boring nowadays.

You can’t come from the back, and most drivers apart from the leading ones just sit until the straight!

• Like 2

Guest CrossCodes

Yes, it’s the most boring harness meeting every week, Gary Hall Jnr made it a lot more exciting last week when be put his horses in the race and had a very successful night.

At least the Ozzie’s put their drives in the race, no sitting back in a sprint home every race and expecting to win.

13 hours ago, the galah said:

Auckland trotting just getting worse, it's like they are just going through the motions, scrap the passing Lane and you will see plenty of thinking drivers make moves and, apply pressure etc . The trailing horse and 3 back on the inside don't have to think anymore they know they'll get a run, where as in the old days the master horsemen that were locked up used to work overtime to get their horse Off the rail . Gloscester park a good example of no passing Lane and great exiting racing where the drivers don't die wondering! 

• Like 2

Flagship, as a punter I like the passing lane, as I would hate to not get a run when in the trail.

Auckland Racing as a spectacle is a bit non existent and with the Auckland Cup meeting coming up, it is not going to be any better due to the one stable dominance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Flagship, as a punter I like the passing lane, as I would hate to not get a run when in the trail.

Auckland Racing as a spectacle is a bit non existent and with the Auckland Cup meeting coming up, it is not going to be any better due to the one stable dominance.

Your right from a plain punting point of view, if you know your horse is cuddled up in the trail you know you'll get a run, but as a spectacle it has made watching a race a bit dreary, Aaron white doesn't have to call much further back than some horse waiting for the passing Lane very often. I just remember what got me interested and excited in the sport as a kid were the mid race moves and horses coming from the back to win races.