Bit Of A Yarn

Auckland Harness Tonight- Loving the big divs!!!!

Brodie

Enjoying the fab racing from Auckland tonight, and the massive win divvies!

$1.60 $1.80 $1.60 $3.40 $1.30 and $1.70

Gooooo yeeeeee haaaaa

Go the mighty blue and silver, you are really inspirational and making everyone joyous about punting.

This continuation of pathetic divvies and short Fixed Odds is doing nothing to retain punters let alone get increased turnover.

This continues and South Island owners of Horses won’t bother sending their horses to Auckland due to having to run for a minor placing at best!

As for a spectacle then the racing is so BORING!

We know the odd one will be enjoying it but then he doesn’t even punt!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This racing is easy.

race 8

$1.40 win

$1.00 $1.10 $1.0

You have to be kidding that 2 horses you get your money back for a place and the other one 10 cents.

Yes brilliant for premier racing with such dominance.

No use running these races, as we know the results

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Enjoying the fab racing from Auckland tonight, and the massive win divvies!

$1.60 $1.80 $1.60 $3.40 $1.30 and $1.70

Gooooo yeeeeee haaaaa

Go the mighty blue and silver, you are really inspirational and making everyone joyous about punting.

This continuation of pathetic divvies and short Fixed Odds is doing nothing to retain punters let alone get increased turnover.

This continues and South Island owners of Horses won’t bother sending their horses to Auckland due to having to run for a minor placing at best!

As for a spectacle then the racing is so BORING!

We know the odd one will be enjoying it but then he doesn’t even punt!!!!!

All Stars paid $3.40 in two year old, good money. This race was an illustration of why the AS dominate - well schooled stock. While the likes of Jeremy Wells was an expensive flop with a dismal performance in front of the whole nation on TV the pardon runner was tradesman like and got the job done. 

• Like 1

Another night of extremely exciting harness racing from Alexandra Park and a continuation of the divvies and Fixed Odds returns being worth taking!!!!

Someone put $9k on Star Galleria to win at $1.50 against a Purdon horse????????

Not a great bet I would have thought betting that short against Purdon drawn inside him!!!

18 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

?

$9000. 

Its ok, Brodie, the person must have a lot of money to start with to even consider that so they won't be too bothered.

Just another example of big bets that make limited sense.

Happy, they have $9000 less now!

The thing is that they supposedly take these bets from certain punters and announce them on Trackside as such!

Where the eff is the fairness when other punters can not get the opportunity to win that amount of money, as every single bet irrespective of what the horse is, Or the type of bet, is restricted to a certain amount!

Would be great to know how many harness punters in NZ have restrictions on them??

16 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Happy, they have $9000 less now!

Yeah, but they deserve it don't they. Who would put a large bet on a race against a Purdon runner? 

17 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The thing is that they supposedly take these bets from certain punters and announce them on Trackside as such!

For excitement and publicity. No surprise they don't mention the massive loss after the race or interview the losing punter lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Yeah, but they deserve it don't they. Who would put a large bet on a race against a Purdon runner? 

For excitement and publicity. No surprise they don't mention the massive loss after the race or interview the losing punter lol.

Yes , but to announce  that they take these bets makes out that they are these marvellous Bookmakers and yet they have got no xxxxx, and don’t give every punter the same opportunity!

They continue to offer major unders on too many horses on opening, and they are hardly encouraging punters to offload!

They don’t really care about harness punters I am aware of that, as they love sports betting, that is where they make their profits!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They don’t really care about harness punters

The opposite is quite possibly true.

They know they be ripped apart by harness punters who put the time in so they have to rein them in eg restrictions. Luckily for the TAB, not many do.

Whereas the 9K punter tonight saw a good deal at $1.50FF. I, and I believe you too Brodie, would not see a good deal and bet a large amount of money against a Purdon horse because of the sheer ability of the horses in the stable. That is a mark of respect. Its too dam risky!

I am waiting for the  day they announce a $5000 bet on an $8 dollar shot with exposed form. Now that would impress me.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The opposite is quite possibly true.

They know they be ripped apart by harness punters who put the time in so they have to rein them in eg restrictions. Luckily for the TAB, not many do.

Whereas the 9K punter tonight saw a good deal at $1.50FF. I, and I believe you too Brodie, would not see a good deal and bet a large amount of money against a Purdon horse because of the sheer ability of the horses in the stable. That is a mark of respect. Its too dam risky!

I am waiting for the  day they announce a $5000 bet on an $8 dollar shot with exposed form. Now that would impress me.

Yes, they are so wary of harness punters!

Not sure how many gallop punters are restricted as I haven’t heard of any!

There is no way I would back any horse to win when the odds are short or when there is a Purdon horse in the race and in form like Sicario was!

I wouldn’t be able to get that amount on anyway!

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

Yes, they are so wary of harness punters!

With good reason! Without any restrictions in place, they apparently dropped $100K on the last race on Show Day alone (in the Kiwi Punter's Comp).

In such an asymmetric information environment, any business that consistently took the kinds of risks some on here seem to think the TAB should take quickly becomes an ex-business. Repeatedly moaning about it just ignores the most basic laws of economics (and is boring to boot).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Basil said:

With good reason! Without any restrictions in place, they apparently dropped $100K on the last race on Show Day alone (in the Kiwi Punter's Comp).

In such an asymmetric information environment, any business that consistently took the kinds of risks some on here seem to think the TAB should take quickly becomes an ex-business. Repeatedly moaning about it just ignores the most basic laws of economics (and is boring to boot).

But aren't you then rewarding incompetence and penalising excellence?  

"Apparently dropped $100k" - was that one of their marketing spiels where "wow the punters got into the bookies today" - well it can't of been on the tote because as we all know the tote always makes a profit.  Actually the NZ tote makes more of a profit than any other tote.

So FF betting was where they dropped $100k.  Seems they didn't adjust the book quick enough or was the spreadsheet on a go slow?  Couldn't they lay more off on the tote?

In their words they regularly lose large sums on Sports Betting particularly when the All  Blacks win.  

They are in the business of managing wagering risk.  They deserve to go out of business if they are not good at it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

Another night of extremely exciting harness racing from Alexandra Park and a continuation of the divvies and Fixed Odds returns being worth taking!!!!

Someone put $9k on Star Galleria to win at $1.50 against a Purdon horse????????

Not a great bet I would have thought betting that short against Purdon drawn inside him!!!

I think they may have got a $1.60.  I think it was a reasonable bet before they ran the first 800m of the mile in 59.7 seconds.After that they must have known they had only a slim chance. The bet just turned out to be a misjudgment of the competitiveness of a 5 horse race. It wasn't much of a contest,but they did back the horse who could have made it one..  

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, Basil said:

Basil, compliments of the season to you!

Ok so they dropped 100k on the last race of the KPC comp!,

That is a once a year thing where punters obviously offloaded larger than normal amounts in the hope of winning the big prize so quoting that is irrelevant!,,

If they are Bookmakers then they should be Bookmakers and not just toying with it!

They are turning punters off big time with their odds and unless they alter things it is going to be a downward spiral for them!

They need punters and should take the good with the bad and if they turn off the current punters then the next generation will not be bothering!,

Obviously I have no influence over what the NZ TAB does but my right to point out the error of their ways!,,

Enjoy your Xmas and New Year Mr Brush!

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I think they may have got a $1.60.  I think it was a reasonable bet before they ran the first 800m of the mile in 59.7 seconds.After that they must have known they had only a slim chance. The bet just turned out to be a misjudgment of the competitiveness of a 5 horse race. It wasn't much of a contest,but they did back the horse who could have made it one..  

Frankly I think it was a balsy bet, considering Star Galaria has been disappointing at times and to me slightly overrated, I wouldnt back it with counterfeit money. Race was over as you said after 800mtrs. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Frankly I think it was a balsy bet, considering Star Galaria has been disappointing at times and to me slightly overrated, I wouldnt back it with counterfeit money. Race was over as you said after 800mtrs. 

Wouldn’t call it ballsy!

Buying money like that with big amounts will always break you!

You need to continue to win just about everytime to make it worthwhile!

Better to enjoy it with holidays or cars than blow it on stupid bets!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I would like them to interview winning restricted punters

• Haha 2