Bit Of A Yarn

Darren Keast

Newmarket

Certainly has improved his Driving UDR considerably.

Major turn around with his driving winners as previously hadn’t been doing a lot!

Great that he is training and he may well pick up a few more horses with his Coast results, although he probably needs to produce Addington winners to be the real deal!!

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes

Always seemed to be in trouble for something though, had quite a few positive swabs didn’t he? And didn’t his partner recently have a couple as well?

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Not for the no. Of wins?

Was it UDR?

He was and no doubt still is a very good trainer. He had a good run in the late 1990"s finishing in the top 10 a few times and I think he finished 5th one year.  It is no surprise that his son is showing similar talent.  The recent success of the younger mr keast Is a pleasure to see and  an outstanding effort.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, the galah said:

He was and no doubt still is a very good trainer. He had a good run in the late 1990"s finishing in the top 10 a few times and I think he finished 5th one year.  It is no surprise that his son is showing similar talent.  The recent success of the younger mr keast Is a pleasure to see and  an outstanding effort.

was very good with old cast off horses could win a race with any old horse bit like Davey butt when he was on fire 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, the galah said:

Jamie is a very good horseman, farrier and obviously mentor.  Fantastic start for Darren on a circuit that is hard to win one race on let alone 7!  All the best for the future young fella.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2018 at 9:03 PM, Newmarket said:

Well done this young man. Big effort to train and drive winners on the 2 day Westport track. 

Really did put his horses in the race early, which you have to do on that track. Judged the pace very well. 

Has already earned a reputation as being determined to lead ala Jamie. That don't argue style of driving will see most other drivers hand up to him when he comes calling. Hard not to be impressed by what I've seen with him.  

• Like 3