Bit Of A Yarn

Wall of death

aquaman

8 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Hey John. Rocky is all good! Finished the race. And walked off. Nothing serious! Just another dent to his confidence unfortunately. 3rd fall for the poor wee fella!

Great to hear Andy. Had another look at race and saw he made it round to the catch in one piece. Have all 3 falls being at Addington?. I am of the opinion that your dogs fall was caused by everything coming down to the rail going into the first bend causing tightness This is the price you pay for the banking especially over the sprint trip. All the best with your dogs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Great to hear Andy. Had another look at race and saw he made it round to the catch in one piece. Have all 3 falls being at Addington?. I am of the opinion that your dogs fall was caused by everything coming down to the rail going into the first bend causing tightness This is the price you pay for the banking especially over the sprint trip. All the best with your dogs.

Yes, all 3 at addington. The other 2 were over 520m. UNfortunately it ruined a pretty handy dog.  buggered up his confidence!!  

Thats racing though I guess. 

But at least he has come through them all relatively uninjured! 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Feel The Fritter said:

Chocolate Lover 15 months  when .   qualified 16 months when first raced.     Can't you  puppy farmers get it through your thick heads that bones are still knitting at this age. You should be charged with animal abuse you pricks.

Dogs bones are still in the growth  stages up until 18 to 20 months of age so for someone to be racing them at 14 to 16 months is very detrimental to the pups welfare and it’s chances of fractures are increased  10 fold.

Bones at that age are still relatively soft , haven’t knitted  the strength and toughness in their bones as  they are from around 18 months and upwards.

I do believe that to be racing them at that age is animal abuse .

Merv O’ Brien

ps.  Andy good to see he came off okay 

Edited by Yes Yes No
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Short Stuff said:

Overheard at Addington before Christmas after qualifying trial.At least they have qualified as they can’t race until February.Does this mean they were only 14 months old

Chocolate Lover was 16 months old when he met his demise yesterday having 1st raceday start. He was 15 months old after winning his qualy in December.

Another issue that creates a major calcium problem is the administration of steroids , they deplete the body of calcium and bones become brittle and susceptible to fracture.  

Everyone is well aware that steroidal use is illegal but unfortunately there are people out there who will do whatever it takes to win .

Fertagyl it appears seems to be the steroid of choice as it’s readily available within the dairy industry  in this country.

It is time for this industry to take the follicle testing seriously , if they do it properly steroidal use wouldn’t be happening as it shows up in the follicle testing .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yes Yes No said:

Another issue that creates a major calcium problem is the administration of steroids , they deplete the body of calcium and bones become brittle and susceptible to fracture.  

Everyone is well aware that steroidal use is illegal but unfortunately there are people out there who will do whatever it takes to win .

Fertagyl it appears seems to be the steroid of choice as it’s readily available within the dairy industry  in this country.

It is time for this industry to take the follicle testing seriously , if they do it properly steroidal use wouldn’t be happening as it shows up in the follicle testing .

Has there actually been any hair folicle testing? And agree running a dog that young is just greed.
One wonders how many dogs have met an early demise under these fabulous trainers

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Has there actually been any hair folicle testing? And agree running a dog that young is just greed.
One wonders how many dogs have met an early demise under these fabulous trainers

Yes they have done hair follicle testing and no one got caught a positive is never proven on idle gossip. Must be in the name hard times and I’m sure more “hard times” ahead for you again 

2 hours ago, Yes Yes No said:

Dogs bones are still in the growth  stages up until 18 to 20 months of age so for someone to be racing them at 14 to 16 months is very detrimental to the pups welfare and it’s chances of fractures are increased  10 fold.

Bones at that age are still relatively soft , haven’t knitted  the strength and toughness in their bones as  they are from around 18 months and upwards.

Merv O’ Brien

Did you feel the same when you put a dog around in a trial that had been stood down by the vet ?? For an injury only to lie to the stewards in charge ?

Rant over and out . Good day people hope you all feel good about yourself seeing the negative in other people’s misfortune. I will keep paying my trainer you throw shit at and he will look after my dogs and keep producing me win many winners , I will find a forever home after my dogs finish racing and I will sleep well at night knowing I have not stabbed someone in the back . Good day keyboard warriors .

4 minutes ago, Honestly said:

Rant over and out . Good day people hope you all feel good about yourself seeing the negative in other people’s misfortune. I will keep paying my trainer you throw shit at and he will look after my dogs and keep producing me win many winners , I will find a forever home after my dogs finish racing and I will sleep well at night knowing I have not stabbed someone in the back . Good day keyboard warriors .

Good luck rehoming dead young dogs. So long as the money keeps rolling in...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Honestly said:

Merv you are a legend but I can’t find anywhere that you actually train greyhounds nor can I find John Goode why is this with both your incredible knowledge I would have thought I would be able to find you both getting many winners . Keep up the good work . 

Google silver collar winners for john

Google robert britton huge success with kiwi breds for Merv.

You must not have looked very far. These 2 gentleman know how to present a greyhound and very knowledgeable 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JasonMc said:

Google silver collar winners for john

Google robert britton huge success with kiwi breds for Merv.

You must not have looked very far. These 2 gentleman know how to present a greyhound and very knowledgeable 

Thanks for that Jason, very kind of you.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Guest CrossCodes
42 minutes ago, Honestly said:

Merv you are a legend but I can’t find anywhere that you actually train greyhounds nor can I find John Goode why is this with both your incredible knowledge I would have thought I would be able to find you both getting many winners . Keep up the good work . 

At least these 2 can go to sleep at night without the blood of thousands of dead dogs on their hands, more than can be said for your trainer. (not that he would care anyway)

13 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Thanks for that Jason, very kind of you.

Having being around dogs for many years and catching dogs for many trainers including yourself i must say the Goode and Lee dogs are right at the top of the list of most well presented dogs. Top would have to be Owen Marron 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Honestly said:

Good day keyboard warriors .

21 hours ago, Honestly said:

If you think I’m johnathon I’m Sorry to disappoint you but that is not me .

20 hours ago, Honestly said:

Yes you are correct my name is Jonathan well done yankiwi.

And good day to you too proven liar Jonathan (I'm not telling you my last name but it's not "McInerney") lol.

Keyboard warrior (AKA Charles or has that become Danny?) signing out.

The Nehibours say....Graeme Cleverly, Scotta Shame, Dave Mcfailure and our latest Pin Up Boy....Wayne Steele  have all let us all down BIGTIME!!   Wayne is just starting to be fair... but he never really started...An Army Flop   and his wife used to beat the shit out of him....  This is the Board that we have.... Until they take control of the amount of dogs Bred with the fact of how many can be rehomed  and stop the KILLING of dogs that is still happening...  

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Yes Yes No said:

Merv O’ Brien

Doesn't matter if they are 16 months or 5 years old when they get forced into rail by fighter. Always going to end bad

• Like 3