Bit Of A Yarn

Premier Mares Race?

Newmarket

13 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Two purdon runners get lead, trail scenario. 64 half, yet gone just after turning for home??  

I am sure something similar has happened before, when mark and nat not driving, anyone remember. I find it hard to believe that result

I didn't watch the race, but am gobsmacked by the result, interesting to see what the 3yo trotter of theirs does at Geraldine I backed full noise to beat Purdon trotter in a small multi at the tab today

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1

Cox and Williams both stated they worked hard early on a fast pace??? Are they joking, slowest race of the night over that distance, including trot race!! 

You know what, somethings up. Both of these horses should have been swabbed, neither where. Both of these horses are top class, not just maidens we are talking about. 

No doubt they piss in when the money is up. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Guest CrossCodes

They were both pathetic to put it mildly, Elle Mac more so. 

But it generally happens when the bosses are away, the team underperforms by their standards.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The trifecta in the 2yr old race seems to contradict your theory?

I think that just showed what sort of field that 2yo race was. And remember, winner galloped at start, horse that ran close 2nd, parked the trip. Which is exactly my point, regardless of what trip the purdon horses get, they usually perform. 

Look at last night, both had best runs in race, controlling the race, yet a loose class horse that sits parked beats them both?? 

For the life of me, the 2 drivers explanation of the race, is just utter bullshit. It was a slow race

• Champ Post 2

11 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I think that just showed what sort of field that 2yo race was. And remember, winner galloped at start, horse that ran close 2nd, parked the trip. Which is exactly my point, regardless of what trip the purdon horses get, they usually perform. 

Look at last night, both had best runs in race, controlling the race, yet a loose class horse that sits parked beats them both?? 

For the life of me, the 2 drivers explanation of the race, is just utter bullshit. It was a slow race

Yes you look at that field and you would expect 2 cup class mares to clear out by half the length of the straight ...

• Champ Post 1

19 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

no taser newmarket lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You can get away with utter bullshit with the stipes over here. Any excuse will do and does!

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

20 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

I would say the two purdon were pulled and waiting for 100k breeders stakes

How do you pull a horse in the lead and one in the trail. They both had their chance, tried hard and wern't good enough. So your saying the work wasn't put into the horses so they  were not fit enough. So they are going to up the work  now and win the big races. Sounds like a Tui add. Yeah Right!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Unlucky dizzy, she still going to Australia?

Yep, never got a run at them. Might have been better not handing up in the end.

That was the only losing bet I have had on her to be honest.  Has plenty of gate speed and will be suited to Aussie tracks providing they go and she doesn't cop the visitors draw. Good little mare.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Harewood said:

How do you pull a horse in the lead and one in the trail. They both had their chance, tried hard and wern't good enough. So your saying the work wasn't put into the horses so they  were not fit enough. So they are going to up the work  now and win the big races. Sounds like a Tui add. Yeah Right!

Also, why would they pull them up?????????

Both went too bad to be true so i hope they pull up good and continue to reward their connections. Congrats to the winners also in that race. Who said the All Stars win everything. quite a few moan when they win and now some are moaning cos they got beaten. ?

Edited by JJ Flash

9 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Both went too bad to be true so i hope they pull up good and continue to reward their connections. Congrats to the winners also in that race. Who said the All Stars win everything. quite a few moan when they win and now some are moaning cos they got beaten. ?

Cambridge ring any bells of pulling horses up

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Look, i understand what you are saying. But do you not think it is strange? Two top horses, having a good run, but cant keep up against far less quality horses that had worse runs? Purdons are the best at getting horses up for these races. 

These 2 horses have sprinted home faster than that many times, in races where overall times where far quicker. 

I agree, i can see the biggest form reverals ever coming up with these 2 horses. 

So, did they not have the blood treatment this time, who knows, because trainers do what they want. 

I always thought that since drug testing arrived the game would be more cleaner, but i dont think so now. 

• Champ Post 3

15 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

well purdon come home mid week to juice them up 

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

Cambridge ring any bells of pulling horses up

I would have thought with comments like these you are sailing very close to the wind in terms of Defamation, notably libel

Are you brave enough to say it to their faces though Peter??????

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Look, i understand what you are saying. But do you not think it is strange? Two top horses, having a good run, but cant keep up against far less quality horses that had worse runs? Purdons are the best at getting horses up for these races. 

These 2 horses have sprinted home faster than that many times, in races where overall times where far quicker. 

I agree, i can see the biggest form reverals ever coming up with these 2 horses. 

So, did they not have the blood treatment this time, who knows, because trainers do what they want. 

I always thought that since drug testing arrived the game would be more cleaner, but i dont think so now. 

Agreed, It was a very poor effort by both horses based on their previous records Newmarket

I suspect no one on here, including myself, has any idea if they received any legal treatment since they last raced. Given a certain blood treatment is advertised widely and  it is available to any  stable your observation has little merit given the treatment is non notifiable in NZ

I recall a RIU official saying that Purdon barn would be the most tested of all Harness stables in NZ. Highly likely given how often they win.

I repeat my earlier thought, congrats to the winner and i hope the 2 beaten mares are ok and bounce back to their ratings as quickly as possible, they are after all not machines.

Greg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Parked the trip? Did you watch the race?

Flying Even Better was not parked the trip. The field was in Indian file for the first 800m, then Noosa made a run and dragged up the Williamson driven runner. Noosa made the front at the 800m mark, Flying Even Better was parked from that point, not the trip. I thought the third horse Virgil was the run of the race as it was checked during the running, last turning for home and came home strongly. He is one of the first crop of Sweet Lou and looks alright.

• Like 1