Bit Of A Yarn

New TAB Website - Unbeleivably poor for $40million!!!

Brodie

You would have thought that with $40m being spent on this new TAB site, it would have had very few teething problems?

The reality is that the TAB doesn’t give a rats arse about racing In NZ, they just want to scoop as much as they can from Sports Betting so they can 

Pay themseves a huge salary!!!

Where on earth do you find the FIXED ODDS OPTION No. for the harness racing races?

If you want to have a wager on a harness race for the next day, there is no option no. showing so you can go to a TAB agency and have a go!!!!

The agencies do not have the fields up on their boards for the next day and so you have to go and ask them what the FIXED ODDS OPTION. Is!!!!!!!

They then come up with some random no. Not aligned to anything whereas previous there was a consistency with win and place but not now!!!!!

Whoever the whizz kids who made the decision to bring this system in, should fall on their swords!!!!!

Blatant ridiculousness'!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You would have thought that with $40m being spent on this new TAB site, it would have had very few teething problems?

The reality is that the TAB doesn’t give a rats arse about racing In NZ, they just want to scoop as much as they can from Sports Betting so they can 

Where on earth do you find the FIXED ODDS OPTION No. for the harness racing races?

If you want to have a wager on a harness race for the next day, there is no option no. showing so you can go to a TAB agency and have a go!!!!

The agencies do not have the fields up on their boards for the next day and so you have to go and ask them what the FIXED ODDS OPTION. Is!!!!!!!

They then come up with some random no. Not aligned to anything whereas previous there was a consistency with win and place but not now!!!!!

Whoever the whizz kids who made the decision to bring this system in, should fall on their swords!!!!!

I just go to the tab now, but they even hide the information from you in there! $50 million dollar fxxk up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Cobber why don't you email them and ask?

helpdesk@nzracingboard.co.nz

As Ms oldwhitewoman says if you don't ask you don't get.

Edited by OLDWHITEMAN
spelling

18 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

While you make a valid point and I agree it frustrating this wouldn’t affect you due to your heaving restrictions and the odds being to skinny. 

Hilarious Tonkatime!

Of course it is a valid point, all of my points are always valid!

You would have thought that with all of the time that the TAB had to launch this new betting platform, simple things would be easy to implement?

As for affecting Brodie, of course it affects me and everyone else that wants to bet the day before a race meeting!

The reality is as I say, the NZ TAB does not give a rats about racing in NZ now!

Australian Gallops they love because it doesn’t cost them much and SPORTS betting is where it is at for them!

They wouldn’t care if racing in NZ didn’t exist and it shows!

The fact now that live sports betting is what you now get first clearly show this!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Cobber why don't you email them and ask?

helpdesk@nzracingboard.co.nz

Ask where the FIXED ODDS NO.s show?

They don’t show, and the agency operators are even pissed off with the new system!

You would think tha the brains trust at the TAB would be able to have sorted, COBBER!

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ask where the FIXED ODDS NO.s show?

They don’t show, and the agency operators are even pissed off with the new system!

You would think tha the brains trust at the TAB would be able to have sorted, COBBER!

I think you are right that the tab would be happy if racing didn't exist in NZ, it would be a monkey off Their back...the Aussie racing is perfect for them, and the earlier time slot filled with that terrible American racing.

• Like 1

The website is such a backward step for racing followers. Whoever came up with the current set up obviously had no idea about  punters needs. Much of the information no longer displayed is what punters look for.So many other issues. Personally I think it just a display of incompetence by those in charge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Hilarious Tonkatime!

You would have thought that with all of the time that the TAB had to launch this new betting platform, simple things would be easy to implement?

As for affecting Brodie, of course it affects me and everyone else that wants to bet the day before a race meeting!

The reality is as I say, the NZ TAB does not give a rats about racing in NZ now!

Australian Gallops they love because it doesn’t cost them much and SPORTS betting is where it is at for them!

They wouldn’t care if racing in NZ didn’t exist and it shows!

The fact now that live sports betting is what you now get first clearly show this!!!!

Maybe over the next few weeks, frame the odd market, see what you like day before, post your selections. Tab might look at thread, who knows, after the first few months, they might not only lift restrictions, they might offer bonus bets to keep you betting! 

Suggestions for name of thread? I will start with, 

Brodies Dream Team

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Hilarious Tonkatime!

But you have repeatedly stated that you don’t bother betting the day before as the opening odds are far to skinny and you can’t get the amount you want on due to you being a restricted punter. 

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Maybe over the next few weeks, frame the odd market, see what you like day before, post your selections. Tab might look at thread, who knows, after the first few months, they might not only lift restrictions, they might offer bonus bets to keep you betting! 

Suggestions for name of thread? I will start with, 

Brodies Dream Team

Brodie... Always on the Money!

Brodie is unlikely to post selections on here as if you are putting reasonable $ amounts on,then you are only reducing your odds by telling others .   

I like reading peoples selections,and actually think those who do so on here are very good. Its just the horses selected often seem to have the odds shorten.  So each to there own.

I don't know why some keep asking for brodie to name his selections, which if he did would reduce the odds, when he clearly wants the tab to increase the odds.  It would be a contradiction, and not on the money if he did so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, the galah said:

Brodie is unlikely to post selections on here as if you are putting reasonable $ amounts on,then you are only reducing your odds by telling others .   

I like reading peoples selections,and actually think those who do so on here are very good. Its just the horses selected often seem to have the odds shorten.  So each to there own.

I don't know why some keep asking for brodie to name his selections, which if he did would reduce the odds, when he clearly wants the tab to increase the odds.  It would be a contradiction, and not on the money if he did so.

Yes, but he states he never bets anymore, so is hardly affecting him. Think that is the whole point, we hear about him being restricted most weeks, then he states he is not punting?? So hardly makes sense, so yes he is on the money, its sittiing in his wallet on his butt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Brodie

I encountered the very same problem wed night when I went into a pub tab to have a fixed odds bet on wyndham trots on thurs

after 20 mins of not finding the opt number I walked away.  the next day I asked a computer geek/small time punter if he could find it for me after 1 hour he came back with the answer

go across to pdf form find the meeting & click on mini form   all the options are there

I closed my acc last week  due to a major difference of opinion with the tab

now I have to go to the tab to put my bets on manually

hope this helps

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, barry said:

Hi Brodie

I encountered the very same problem wed night when I went into a pub tab to have a fixed odds bet on wyndham trots on thurs

after 20 mins of not finding the opt number I walked away.  the next day I asked a computer geek/small time punter if he could find it for me after 1 hour he came back with the answer

go across to pdf form find the meeting & click on mini form   all the options are there

hope this helps

Why not try an aussie acc?

49 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Love the new platform. No issues, found it really user friendly. Spent an hour or so exploring when it first launched and haven't had any issues since.

Its ok, but they could have done better. Most apps let you swipe screen right to go to next race, swipe left for previous race result. With tab, its always up to top of screen each time to press on race, then to get result its another few clicks, bloody slow. 

They should have allowed ew all ups, multis etc for fixed and tote, like most others do. They get good take outs with multis adding up each race, it would have been good money spinner. Just single fixed odds, either w or place is so yesterday

4 hours ago, the galah said:

You are definitely on the money!

I don’t come on here to have to prove anything in regards to punting, and those that know me, know that I don’t tell porkies!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Yes, but he states he never bets anymore, so is hardly affecting him. Think that is the whole point, we hear about him being restricted most weeks, then he states he is not punting?? So hardly makes sense, so yes he is on the money, its sittiing in his wallet on his butt. 

Newmarket, it does affect me!

Yes over the past few months I have been pretty quiet on the punting as I have said!

Havent been sitting on my wallet at all recently and doing pretty well!

Newmarket, you didn’t respond to my answer to your posting in regards to the response from SAFE?

Egg still on your face!

3 hours ago, barry said:

Hi Brodie

hope this helps

Barry, much appreciated!!

You would wonder why they don’t advertise on Trackside how to,use the new system?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

Love the new platform. No issues, found it really user friendly. Spent an hour or so exploring when it first launched and haven't had any issues since.

Counter Punch,  don’t agree it is user friendly, but then again I haven’t slent hours trying to work it out!

Apart from the TAB giving sports punters far more options, what do you see as being a positive for harness racing punters???

13 hours ago, Brodie said:

Counter Punch,  don’t agree it is user friendly, but then again I haven’t slent hours trying to work it out!

Apart from the TAB giving sports punters far more options, what do you see as being a positive for harness racing punters???

For what I use it for Brodie it works just perfect. But that's just my opinion and I know it's not working out as nicely for everyone as it is for me - which is a shame. I don't really wish to engage in a debate with you about it other than to say that for what I want from a TAB APP it's good.