Bit Of A Yarn

WINX...Let's face it...It's become BORING!!

She's simply INCREDIBLE but let's face facts...lining up against the same old same old is wearing thin...probably 2 years now...

If only they'd swallowed their anxiety and travelled her to either HK or Meydan...if Ass Kit's too far....

Most horses with ability like hers...TRAVEL!

What a shame she didn't...to give the World the opportunity to see her up against the absolute best...not perennial bridesmaid HAPPY f in CLAPPER...again!

Winx will see plenty of familiar faces when she attempts her 31st-consecutive victory this Saturday at Randwick as the world's best goes up against five stablemates and a long-time adversary.

The Pat Webster-trained Happy Clapper will be lining up for his 10th shot at the mighty mare as she races for a fourth-consecutive victory in the Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes.

Happy Clapper has been runner-up to Winx four times and will be a short price to achieve the same placing behind Winx this Saturday as the mare attempts Group 1 win number 23.

Winx's trainer Chris Waller prepares the remaining five runners, of which two are fellow Group 1-winning mares, Unforgotten and Egg Tart, while the others are stayers in the former of Patrick Erin, Libran and Brimham Rocks.

Edited by Thomass
  • Like 1

Watching the champ win isn't boring per se ...

what is boring to the extent that I reach for the Mute button immediatement is Debbie Frikkin' Kepitis babbling on endlessly saying the same ol tripe we've heard a squillion times as she reaches for the appropriately branded hankie while her mind calculates the colour of the money $$$ going into her bank a/c LOL. I don't wanna see Winx lose, but it'd almost be worth it to see DK's reaction in defeat; we know how she accepts victory. With a gush.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, theshu said:

it will be a hell of a  lot more boring when the champ is retired.Horses like her only come along once in a life time,We should all be enjoying it,not saying it is boring,  tough crowd to please.

I agree. I just love seeing her run. Even in jumpouts or trials!  None of us will ever see one as good in ( the rest of ) our lifetimes. Thats my opinion...it appears to be getting tougher to win big races in Aussie, good colts are retired to stud after one Group 1 win...Winx is the absolute benchmark and when she inevitably finishes racing we're all going to miss her. Even you Tommo you miserable bastard.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

She's simply INCREDIBLE but let's face facts...lining up against the same old same old is wearing thin...probably 2 years now...

If only they'd swallowed their anxiety and travelled her to either HK or Meydan...if Ass Kit's too far....

Most horses with ability like hers...TRAVEL!

What a shame she didn't...to give the World the opportunity to see her up against the absolute best...not perennial bridesmaid H

Can you name all the countries that Frankel travelled to?  No one stated that him always winning was boring.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SLB2.0 said:

it appears to be getting tougher to win big races in Aussie, good colts are retired to stud after one Group 1 win

That would make it easier to win Group 1's? - given that all the good colts are retired before getting out of age-group company?

So how come Winx can win 4 Cox Plates if you say its easier...were's the opposition...? If a top colt ran against Winx and beat her imagine what that would do to his breeding career...but they don't they run scared because it looks ' better' on their pedigree page. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weasel said:

Watching the champ win isn't boring per se ...

what is boring to the extent that I reach for the Mute button immediatement is Debbie Frikkin' Kepitis babbling on endlessly saying the same ol tripe we've heard a squillion times as she reaches for the appropriately branded hankie while her mind calculates the colour of the money $$$ going into her bank a/c LOL. I don't wanna see Winx lose, but it'd almost be worth it to see DK's reaction in defeat; we know how she accepts victory. With a gush.

That's just plain nasty [and ignorant] The winners cheques would not be noticed in her account.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Weasel said:

What would you know - Weasel and I agree on something :)

I can't stand that farking woman. Oh the pressure and the weight of expectation - my heart bleeds for the poor thing.

Most of us would give anything to win one group 1 race and she's got a mare that wins them for fun, but oh it is so stressful.

14 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Can you name all the countries that Frankel travelled to?  No one stated that him always winning was boring.   

To be fear...ASS KIT's the Hub really...

As for travelling to the disgraceful Breeders Cup racing on Lasix...why would one bend over to using Drugs on your valuable neddy?

Its just a shame the rest of the World couldn't see her....

This week Waller will set up a bunny....she'll set perfectly in the one one..

...hook out on the turn...tilt her head to the near side ...as she flattens out...as per usual

..14 strides to the 100...to their feeble 12...as she farts in their general direction...

...boring az...seen it all before

Boring az..... as the crowds continue to grow to watch her, many courses having to turn people away as they are filled to capacity.

Should she remain unbeaten going into the Queen Elizabeth as her final race, tickets will be at a premium, it will be a sellout. The excitement, the jubilation if she wins will send the crowd in to raptures. The atmosphere will be electric as celebrations kick in. Party time on-course for young and old.

Meanwhile in NZ one lost soul will be sitting in a corner of their lounge watching the netball or something similar. I mean you wouldn't be going to watch her run...…..would you...….it's boring az....    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

Boring az..... as the crowds continue to grow to watch her, many courses having to turn people away as they are filled to capacity.

Should she remain unbeaten going into the Queen Elizabeth as her final race, tickets will be at a premium, it will be a sellout. The excitement, the jubilation if she wins will send the crowd in to raptures. The atmosphere will be electric as celebrations kick in. Party time on-course for young and old.

Meanwhile in NZ one lost soul will be sitting in a corner of their lounge watching the netball or something similar. I mean you wouldn't be going to watch her run...…..would you...….it's boring az....    

Yep, I'd put Kayla Cullen in the Winx 'excitement' system... in moi's wee corner...

When I see Kayla in full 'air'... the Princess knows it's time to disappear 

To be fear the QE will be pretty 'Kaylaish'...especially if it's her last...Im a Party on animal

..but Im talking about these boring az lead ups...when she could have been at Meydan

Stirring up the tea towel wearers into frenetic tossing tea towel euphoria..

Intead of watching Debbie hug everyone

Btw, what would the general public think if they knew WINX was on lasix throughout her training career...

peeing her wee heart out for half an hour in the pee box every day??

Guest CrossCodes

Let’s face it, generally in Sydney she is racing against weak opposition, who are almost all from the Waller stable and all runners who are clearly just making up numbers for their stable mate.

Yes, you can only line up and win, which she will again this week, and no doubt we will have more blubbers from Waller and her owner who despite her wealth still dresses like she just got a dress from the Salvation Army.

I’d have more respect for her if she travelled and raced against some decent world class opposition, not beating up on second rate imported stayers.

I love Winx, it just appears they are taking the easy money and not actually giving her a challenge like they did with Black Cavier, at least Moody and the owners had the balls to take on the world and beat them.

I was talking with an English coworker and they said the Europeans now have respect for BC because it travelled and did the job (albeit narrowly).

Winx, at no fault of her own, never got the chance. You can say, "they should have come over to Australia to take her on" but that has never been the case and probably never will be.

Sunline travelled to face the best and came out on top once from three starts. That shows you how tough it is to win overseas, especially when they're all trying to beat you (Dubai).

It's a shame we'll never see her face the best.

1 hour ago, SLB2.0 said:

The quote and your question don't relate to each other. 

I'll try and make it simpler..for you.

It's a horse race. The horse who gets to the finishing post first is the winner. Usually-but not always-thats the best horse in that race on that day.

When the winner of the race is timed to run the race in a spectacular time, when not being 'ridden out'...it shows the horse to be something some of us have never seen before. Thats Winx, and when people assert that she is not one of the best-if not the best-racehorses ever...repeat ever..seen then you have to say what do you base that on? Times that races are run are not exclusively an indication because we all know tracks/draws/weight etc have an impact..but when a horse...lets say her name is Winx...does it 30  times in a row, including 4 times in one of the Worlds best races in those 30, then you know she is 'special'. Opposition horses who haven't raced against her are pretenders until they do. As are European horses who wouldn't have a hope of running the times, and competing against Winx when we have seen her overcome all types of adversity, and still win. One final point-ask one of the best jockeys in the World what he thinks...his name is Hugh Bowman.

• Like 1