Bit Of A Yarn

WINX...Let's face it...It's become BORING!!

16 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

I was talking with an English coworker and they said the Europeans now have respect for BC because it travelled and did the job (albeit narrowly).

Winx, at no fault of her own, never got the chance. You can say, "they should have come over to Australia to take her on" but that has never been the case and probably never will be.

Sunline travelled to face the best and came out on top once from three starts. That shows you how tough it is to win overseas, especially when they're all trying to beat you (Dubai).

It's a shame we'll never see her face the best.

does Sunline's Ozzie racing record not count as 'overseas'?

23 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Well, I would hardly call that boring. Great effort by Happy Clapper.

Most G1s won by a horse and a track record to go along with it. (Two track records in a row by the Champion Winx.)

If you didn't enjoy that well...…… ? 

100%. Even as a harness follower it still sends shivers up the spine, watching this machine. When you are winning your 31rst in a row and you still have to run a track record to win it?. Kinda sais it all despite the opposition.

• Like 1

I don't compare champions or even great horses. I just feel privileged to have seen the deeds of Winx, Black Caviar and to a lesser extent, Sunline & never get bored watching them, no beat what opposition they face.

A lack of depth in the opposition just shows how superior they are. Having said that, I still admire the likes of Hay Ryde and Happy Clapper, very good horses in their own right, who will likely be remembered as 'bridesmaids to champions' rather than through their own performances.

• Like 1

As pwedicted...in the one one..got slightly less boring when Happy got happy...

...then it went back to Hoyle...

Levelled out...head tilted to the nearside..as per norm...

Bowman said

"the pace was so fast I knew he'd come back to me...very easy in the end"

zzzzzzz

How much more exciting would it have been if a f in legion of Ozzy oi oi supporters went to Meydan for a change

To challenge the Worrrrld...almost??

Now that would have been EXCITING def. not zzzzzz

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/03/2019 at 9:50 AM, Chimbu said:

I don't compare champions or even great horses. I just feel privileged to have seen the deeds of Winx, Black Caviar and to a lesser extent, Sunline & never get bored watching them, no beat what opposition they face.

A lack of depth in the opposition just shows how superior they are. Having said that, I still admire the likes of Hay Ryde and Happy Clapper, very good horses in their own right, who will likely be remembered as 'bridesmaids to champions' rather than through their own performances.

.add the likes of Bonecrusher, Kingston Town for me...best two in Australasia that I saw at the track. Would've loved to see Secretariat up close but the Belmont Stakes on TV was pretty good. Still is ... one could even say EXCITING ...and only one eejit plonker on this thread would disagree.  

Edited by Weasel

As I've said before, it's no knock on Winx herself - that's obvious. It's a knock on her connections for not wanting to test the mare against the best in the world. 

You can offer as many excuses as you want, but they will regret not taking her around the world and considering how much $$$ the owners have, you would have thought the experience would have been better than running at Randwick against staying stablemates every fortnight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLB2.0 said:

As I've said before, it's no knock on Winx herself - that's obvious. It's a knock on her connections for not wanting to test the mare against the best in the world. 

No you’re wrong she is the best in the World so it’s a knock on the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th and 10th Best horse’s connections for not coming to Australia to test themselves against the best in the world

Edited by VC!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, VC! said:

No you’re wrong she is the best in the World so it’s a knock on the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th and 10th Best horse’s connections for not coming to Australia to test themselves against the best in the world

Isn't her international rating 1 = in the world ?  Agree , she has nothing to prove, let them come down under and take her on  then, it works both ways.    That UK horse that did venture downunder  and ran in the Cox Plate, the trainer billed that as a top English  horse and she made him look like Paddy McGinty's Goat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another beautiful easy az win...

...settled the same position...same cruising up possy on the turn....same finishing possy in the middle of the Track clear of interference

...some relly relly enjoy repetitive repetitions when exercising...

Its like WINX having a cross fit session every time

Just imagine if you will...Racing the Likes of Almond Eye over 2K...on neutral ground at Meydan

Nice shot though..like shes got an a Olympic wreath over her

IMG_0659.JPG