Bit Of A Yarn

WINX...Let's face it...It's become BORING!!

8 hours ago, Thomass said:

Another beautiful easy az win...

...settled the same position...same cruising up possy on the turn....same finishing possy in the middle of the Track clear of interference

...some relly relly enjoy repetitive repetitions when exercising...

Its like WINX having a cross fit session every time

Just imagine if you will...Racing the Likes of Almond Eye over 2K...on neutral ground at Meydan

Nice shot though..like shes got an a Olympic wreath over her

IMG_0659.JPG

and she is totally worthy of one, Thomass...why do you have to constantly have to pick holes in a perfect racehorse?

I just find myself now not able to watch and just hoping she gets through the races in one piece.  Now only one to go phew.   I just wouldn't risk it.  It's not worth it and for what?   They don't need the money, she doesn't need the records, and already at her age as a retiring racehorse into the breeding barn.. not many Champ broodmares from racing so long do it well.     Just roll on QE  that's what I say and then be still my beating heart.

Edited by Chestnut
  • Champ Post 1

13 hours ago, Weasel said:

and she is totally worthy of one, Thomass...why do you have to constantly have to pick holes in a perfect racehorse?

Quite obviously I've never picked holes in any thing she's ever done...

..It's the soft options the connections have taken that's turned her races into a procession...

...what a waste of potential spectacular racing we've been denied

Edited by Thomass

8 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Quite obviously I've never picked holes in any thing she's ever done...

..It's the soft options the connections have taken that's turned her races into a procession...

...what a waste of potential spectacular racing we've been denied

What soft options?  All the other trainers haven't taken the hard options.  But then you aren't a student of time and individual race performance so it is pointless discussing it.  

There hasn't been a horse in the last couple of decades that can run the sectionals she does on a wide range of tracks over a relatively wide range of distances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What soft options?  All the other trainers haven't taken the hard options.  But then you aren't a student of time and individual race performance so it is pointless discussing it.  

There hasn't been a horse in the last couple of decades that can run the sectionals she does on a wide range of tracks over a relatively wide range of distances.

Wtf said I was criticising her??

And why did you start a new thread...then post moi's sensational pik in YOUR thread...when it was in the other thread??

Just like you did with another thread of mine...

Have you no shame?

15 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Wtf said I was criticising her??

And why did you start a new thread...then post moi's sensational pik in YOUR thread...when it was in the other thread??

Just like you did with another thread of mine...

Have you no shame?

Like most of the time I have no idea what you are ranting on about.

• Like 1

Her rating for the race was certainly top class and indicates hardly any wear and tear...

She could still go to HK/Meydan and show the world she doesn't need to stay in a box at Rosehill and peee away after a dose of Lasix...

...she could do that anywhere

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame her rating won't be what it could have been if racing against the very best...

Winx makes it 25 wins in a row, in the $4million Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Image: ATC)

Winx winning last year's Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Image: Bradley Photos)

Winx's world rankings doubt

andrewe.jpg?h=100&w=100&la=en&hash=6DAD6

Andrew Eddy@fastisheddy

10:59am

, (

Winx will need to produce an extraordinary finale at Randwick next week to again sit atop the world rankings.

The super mare currently shares top billing in the 2019 world rankings at 125 with Pegasus winner City Of Light and Hong Kong's star miler Beauty Generation but a lack of potential opposition in her 43rd and final race in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes on April 13 means her chances of lifting her current grading are remote.

The updated Longines World Rankings are to be released on Thursday and they take in all international racing up to last weekend.

The Dubai World Cup meeting of last weekend offered record amounts of prizemoney but it is considered unlikely that the big winners on the night, Thunder Snow, Almond Eye or sprinter Blue Point, will reach a 125 rating.

Winx ended 2018 as the equal-top-rated horse in the world along with retired UK galloper Cracksman.

Winx gained her final rating of 130 for the year in 2018 in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes, where she won by 3.8 lengths over a trio of multiple Group 1 winners in Gailo Chop, Happy Clapper and Humidor.

The previous year, she won the Queen Elizabeth by five-and-a-quarter lengths from Hartnell and gained a 128 rating.

With emerging Group 1 star Avilius set to miss the race this year and in the absence of the champion three-year-old colt The Autumn Sun, the Queen Elizabeth is unlikely to contain the depth of proven Group 1 performers to validate her final race track performance.

Happy Clapper is likely to again take her on in the Queen Elizabeth but with multiple Group 1 winners Hartnell, Alizee and Le Romain all chasing Saturday's Doncaster Handicap, there could be very few other worthy contenders able to race against her in the $4 million finale seven days later.

Beauty Generation may have an opportunity later this month to increase his current 125 rating when he tackles the G1 Champions Mile in Hong Kong. He is expected to race at Sha Tin this weekend in the G2 Chairman's Trophy.

If you are thinking about going to Randwick on Saturday to see Winx run for the very last time and don’t have a ticket

Think again as Randwick has been sold out 40k plus will be there to see the champ for the very last time the Sold Out will be announced this afternoon 

Imagine if the unthinkable happened ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VC! said:

If you are thinking about going to Randwick on Saturday to see Winx run for the very last time and don’t have a ticket

Think again as Randwick has been sold out 40k plus will be there to see the champ for the very last time the Sold Out will be announced this afternoon 

Imagine if the unthinkable happened ?

By 'unthinkable' do you mean she gets beaten ? Or she is scratched?

2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

By 'unthinkable' do you mean she gets beaten ? Or she is scratched?

A) Beaten

B) Bowman rides her right out

C) Is in season

D) Weighs in light

E) Broken gear

F) Protest 2nd against first

G) Gets boxed in

H) Stays in the barrier

I) Scratched at the barrier like Kiwi

This = “The Unthinkable”

1 hour ago, VC! said:

A) Beaten

B) Bowman rides her right out

C) Is in season

D) Weighs in light

E) Broken gear

F) Protest 2nd against first

G) Gets boxed in

H) Stays in the barrier

I) Scratched at the barrier like Kiwi

This = “The Unthinkable”

you forgot

J) Bowman falls off (like he did in a Group race last year)

so unlikely that hopefully the 40K+ crowd and millions watching on TV see what we wanna see!

18 minutes ago, Weasel said:

you forgot

J) Bowman falls off (like he did in a Group race last year)

so unlikely that hopefully the 40K+ crowd and millions watching on TV see what we wanna see!

Well I actually forgot

J) Saddle slips

K) Bowman drops his hands.....  what???? Ok he’s too professional to let that happen he’s no Luke Nolan he won’t be having 40 Winks maybe 33? so we can forget “K” it won’t be turning from Caviar to Donuts 

And I didn’t want to mention him having a fall or Winx being Dulcified what the hell am I rambling on about

FFS i’m Going to blame it on Altitude 

I think that covers it

Wink by 5 lengths

Happy Days well hopefully for the TAB punter over here that put 150k on at $1-10 then another 150k on at $1-10 then another 150k on at $1-08........450k to win 42k.........I just might alert him to my post

No silly Billies

Winx winning by 5

11 minutes ago, VC! said:

Well I actually forgot

J) Saddle slips

K) Bowman drops his hands.....  what???? Ok he’s too professional to let that happen he’s no Luke Nolan he won’t be having 40 Winks maybe 33? so we can forget “K” it won’t be turning from Caviar to Donuts 

And I didn’t want to mention him having a fall or Winx being Dulcified what the hell am I rambling on about

FFS i’m Going to blame it on Altitude 

I think that covers it

Wink by 5 lengths

Happy Days well hopefully for the TAB punter over here that put 150k on at $1-10 then another 150k on at $1-10 then another 150k on at $1-08........450k to win 42k.........I just might alert him to my post

No silly Billies

Winx winning by 5

for his sake i hope you're right mate..what part of Ozzie are you in/from? I have recently realised I know flock all about my Awesome Foursome RockStar teamies! (which may be just the way you all like it!!)

36 minutes ago, Weasel said:

for his sake i hope you're right mate..what part of Ozzie are you in/from? I have recently realised I know flock all about my Awesome Foursome RockStar teamies! (which may be just the way you all like it!!)

On the GC

I better study hard for the nine races PJ is about to put up

2 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Can't be too boring.

Randwick sold out a couple of days ago with a crowd in excess of 42,000 to attend. Probably have to go back prior to WW2 to find another sellout crowd. 

She is going to be missed. 

Imagine if she had her final race at Flemington! That's where the Sydney tracks suffer.

Thommo won't have to be 'bored" any more....but what a privilege it has been for the rest of us to have seen her perform - and what an amazing job Chris Waller and his staff have done.

There have been criticisms of him/his methods but the sheer weight of responsibility for the team shouldn't be underestimated.

Now the next phase of her career can begin...and we can follow her progress - and hope that, unlike Sunline, Black Caviar, Show Gate, Zenyatta and many other great mares, that she might produce a star too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1