Bit Of A Yarn

Ultimate Machete?

WTF? 

Horse looked like a cripple 400m out, then run home in quick half. 

Once again, hot fav gives stablemate lead, punters get fucked over again. 

Tim Williams, please explain why you didnt give horse best chance to win. Its a joke. Once again i have advice for anyone betting on purdon runners.

FFS, dont bet unless the money is up. Otherwise , you will get screwed again and again

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

WTF? 

Tim Williams, please explain why you didnt give horse best chance to win. Its a joke. Once again i have advice for anyone betting on purdon runners.

FFS, dont bet unless the money is up. Otherwise , you will get screwed again and again

once again

a bloke could get restricted backing the stablemate and not the hottie

did this bring about the demise of bitter brodie

Edited by Rangatira
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

WTF? 

I just avoid any race they have 2 or more runners in especially when the bosses are in Aus, don't worry nmkt all the happy clappers will still love having $1 worth of the quinella so long as it's an all stars win yaaaawwwwnn

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

If Lay of the Day had of included Trots I would have put in Ultimate Sniper, and would have cleaned up.  Once again cant win when someone is absent. 

100%.

Never has that been better illustrated than tonight. Totally different horses. Let me guess. The team all have a virus that will be gone very soon after the boss returns...then back to business as usual next week.

Hilarious. 

• Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

100%.

Never has that been better illustrated than tonight. Totally different horses. Let me guess. The team all have a virus that will be gone very soon after the boss returns...then back to business as usual next week.

Hilarious. 

One can only give them the benefit of the doubt for so long. if we had been keeping records and stats for this it would make for some interesting reading. It just doesn't add up.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

Not my money talking, just looks bad. I know, horse went rough around turn, but as soon as jessie dictated slow pace, always going to find it tough to sprint up. 

Sniper is a great stayer, my main point, if the money was up today, i am sure from the draw, would have kept front, or if it did give lead away, would be to a stablemate that would set strong pace. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harewood said:

Are we talking about the Sniper  or Machete on this post. Seems some confusion. Or is it just anything with All Stars afters its name. A lot of bitter and twisted posters commenting  today. Pockets talking????

Sniper. Not bitter mate, just the truth. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Harewood said:

The post was about Machete which you rightly posted on but then halfway thru the postings Sniper pops up hence my question about which horse people are actuelly talking about.

I stuck that in there as an example of Lay of the Day. Don't back AS horses , havent for a long time, but as you can see there does seem to be a difference in performances at times.

Hey Monty won last night at 24,s, group 3 and track record. They sorted his back issue out with the chiropractor, great result. Wooohooo. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, globederby12 said:

If Lay of the Day had of included Trots I would have put in Ultimate Sniper, and would have cleaned up.  Once again cant win when someone is absent. 

Time for you and a few others to open a Betfair account if you want to lay  AS or any other stables horses.

Greg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harewood said:

The post was about Machete which you rightly posted on but then halfway thru the postings Sniper pops up hence my question about which horse people are actuelly talking about.

Yeah, sorry. Just noticed thread i started was wrong, should have been Sniper, commenting on last nights run

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

I stuck that in there as an example of Lay of the Day. Don't back AS horses , havent for a long time, but as you can see there does seem to be a difference in performances at times.

Hey Monty won last night at 24,s, group 3 and track record. They sorted his back issue out with the chiropractor, great result. Wooohooo. 

Yes saw Monty win last night and Mr Xmas in there as well. Well done and was well overs considering its runs in the IDs. Prob because of one hot fav. 

Thought Cheerfull for the A stars was best bet at both venues last night. 1.90 was a good price and shows they can win without the boss being there and only one AS horse in the field.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Time for you and a few others to open a Betfair account if you want to lay  AS or any other stables horses.

Greg

Correct, although I have better things to do than lay horses. I restrict myself to my memory "portfolio " horses. Sometimes it's weeks between investments but worth it considering that "if" they are successful they pay double figures mostly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Whilst that's your individual choice they win an amazing number  of races . In fact to many according to a few on here.

As for differences in performances it happens to.most stables and horses on a weekly basis

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

Something clearly not right with Machete. Should have wiped the floor with them at Addington two starts back but got bombed by Letsspendanitetogether. To my eye, that would only ever happen under normal circumstances if the horse is not 100% or they had bigger fish to fry. I thought the former as it hasn't been the same horse as the earlier dominant version for some time. Perhaps they found the bottom of the horse and he's now got mares on his mind.

Sniper a different ballgame. If the winner had been trained by someone else, I would put the result down to Tim Williams being outdriven by AGH at the start and that was all she wrote. However, the stable is renown for handing up very meekly to each other so not sure what to put the start down too. Given the run Sniper had, he should still have donkey licked the winner so something clearly not 100%.  I thought he had sustained some sort of injury when he couldn't hold the back of the leader at the 400 but he finished well so not sure what was going on there. 

It's uncanny the number of times AS stars are surprisingly beaten when MP is elsewhere. Awesome to have someone advising other adults to get a Betfair account to wager on that. Have had a Betfair account for some years thanks. If punters start laying top line horses simply because the primary trainer is elsewhere, we should all give the game away. I thought both Sniper and Sweet On Me would win for fun last night but only one did so. If you were laying one because MP was away, you'd have to apply the same logic and lay both. Fact it, AS runners are often not as good when MP is away. It's absolutely correct to point that anomaly out, but unfortunate that observers can't express that without the resident poodle arriving to hump their leg...again. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Joe Kidd said:

100%.

Hilarious. 

Get on and get plenty then??

Greg