Bit Of A Yarn

TAB - 4 months on any confidence

Turny

4 hours ago, Turny said:

Hard to have any confidence

What the hell do we do?

Is there anyone out there who cares?

Thoughts

Coming from the idiot who posts betfair or Tab.com.au in every thread regarding it. What the hell do you care you obviously don’t use it?

• Champ Post 2

Guest CrossCodes
58 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

Coming from the idiot who posts betfair or Tab.com.au in every thread regarding it. What the hell do you care you obviously don’t use it?

Can you blame him? Until they improve it, which it looks like they have no intention of doing, overseas accounts are the way to go, it’s a no brainer.

13 hours ago, Turny said:

What the hell do we do?

Thoughts

Very good question in regard the all important confidence.

I could look at the site now and it be running reasonable which is as good as it gets. Fact is, I would be expecting it to shit it's self at any time. As a result, I have absolutely no confidence in the site and my punting enjoyment has decreased. I wager fairly often and there has not been one day since the new site arrived that I haven't been frustrated enough to just shut it done and exclusively wager on my main offshore account. Anyone who bets solely with the NZ TAB must have a very large box of Panadol ready on standby.

I sincerely believe the site is a fucking disgrace run by a bunch of folk who have their heads firmly entrenched up a dark orifice. I'm picking they believe the site will magically come right in the future. Safe bet pardon the pun that they also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa, Leprechauns and Unicorns. They are led by the gormless smiling master of placating. They no longer suffer "leakage". It's become an exodus. Not only are they losing customers in droves, they are also losing considerable goodwill from those who have either totally lost confidence or are on the way to that point. 

They need to either return to the old shit site which was at least better than the present stinking turd or they need to invest in another platform. The one thing for certain is they require a leader to stand up and own the fact this new site is a piece of shit and they farked up badly with their "investment".

I remember a quote about 15 years ago from none other than ex champion hoop Lance O'Sullivan of all people that describes the new site to a tee. 

"Punting is good, but it's not that good"

• Like 7
  • Champ Post 1

13 hours ago, Turny said:

What the hell do we do?

Thoughts

It's a real dog alright, I have been going to the tab to put bets on for the last few months, but like to keep a Hundy in my account in case I have a vision of wealth, ....the joke this weekend was not having any form up for Riverton FFS, they had the form for the picnic meeting in Dungara west Australia (stake money there better than a non premiere Saturday meeting here!) How can you not provide form for one of only 2 NZ gallops meetings.  Very amateur.....I moaned about the old site, but it was 10x better than this pup!

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 2

15 hours ago, Turny said:

What the hell do we do?

Thoughts

No confidence at all!!!!!  I mean how hard would have it have been to get a couple of hard core punters to do a once over on the new website before it went live and point out its shortcomings. For 50mil and to produce this shite ranks right up there with the day:

France orders 1,860 trains the wrong size!

Imagine you were in charge of ordering new trains for your country.

You would surely check your budget and examine all the possible trains you could buy.

You would also, no doubt, allow yourself to be wined and dined by various train manufacturers and perhaps be tempted by a backhander or two.

Along the way, though, you would surely ask your engineers to confirm what size trains would actually fit into your nation's platforms.

Sadly, it seems that this last logic escaped those who ordered 1,860 new trains for France's very fine railways.

As Reuters reports, France's national rail company, SNCF, confirmed that there had been a measure of error in its ordering. The new trains are too big for many of the nation's platforms.

A spokesman for RFF, the national rail operator, told France's Info radio: "It's as if you have bought a Ferrari that you want to park in your garage, and you realize that your garage isn't exactly the right size to fit a Ferrari because you didn't have a Ferrari before. We discovered the problem a little late...We are making our mea culpa."

The only element his analogy omitted was: "It's as if you're a garage maker who bought a Ferrari."

According to the Guardian, France's Minister of Transport described the situation as "a comic drama." It was certainly comic, as the fact that the new trains were too wide for the platforms was revealed by France's satirical newspaper, Le Canard Enchaine.

It squarely put the blame on the biggest brains: "The clever engineers at SNCF forgot to verify the facts on the ground."

It seems that the RFF's engineers sent the SNCF the measurements of platforms built in the last 30 years.

However, many of France's platforms were built longer ago than that and these have different dimensions. The SNCF's engineers took the data verbatim and ran with it. Until they got stuck.

The mistake was discovered in 2012 and has only just squeezed onto the public platform.

Now, 1,300 of France's 8,700 platforms are being re-engineered to accommodate the new trains. The cost will be some 50 million euros (around $68.4 million).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

No confidence at all!!!!!  I mean how hard would have it have been to get a couple of hard core punters to do a once over on the new website before it went live and point out its shortcomings. For 50mil and to produce this shite ranks right up there with the day:

France orders 1,860 trains the wrong size!

Imagine you were in charge of ordering new trains for your country.

You would surely check your budget and examine all the possible trains you could buy.

You would also, no doubt, allow yourself to be wined and dined by various train manufacturers and perhaps be tempted by a backhander or two.

Along the way, though, you would surely ask your engineers to confirm what size trains would actually fit into your nation's platforms.

Sadly, it seems that this last logic escaped those who ordered 1,860 new trains for France's very fine railways.

As Reuters reports, France's national rail company, SNCF, confirmed that there had been a measure of error in its ordering. The new trains are too big for many of the nation's platforms.

A spokesman for RFF, the national rail operator, told France's Info radio: "It's as if you have bought a Ferrari that you want to park in your garage, and you realize that your garage isn't exactly the right size to fit a Ferrari because you didn't have a Ferrari before. We discovered the problem a little late...We are making our mea culpa."

The only element his analogy omitted was: "It's as if you're a garage maker who bought a Ferrari."

According to the Guardian, France's Minister of Transport described the situation as "a comic drama." It was certainly comic, as the fact that the new trains were too wide for the platforms was revealed by France's satirical newspaper, Le Canard Enchaine.

It squarely put the blame on the biggest brains: "The clever engineers at SNCF forgot to verify the facts on the ground."

It seems that the RFF's engineers sent the SNCF the measurements of platforms built in the last 30 years.

However, many of France's platforms were built longer ago than that and these have different dimensions. The SNCF's engineers took the data verbatim and ran with it. Until they got stuck.

The mistake was discovered in 2012 and has only just squeezed onto the public platform.

Now, 1,300 of France's 8,700 platforms are being re-engineered to accommodate the new trains. The cost will be some 50 million euros (around $68.4 million).

I read about this a while back. What a joke. It's been my experience that many people with too much power, make serious blunders especially when the money being used is not their own hard earned.

You'd have to be a complete moron to make the enormous fundamental blunders above. No doubt a significant pay rise will be coming their way.

How does that saying go.... "Buy in haste, repent at leisure"

John Allen's twin brother?

• Like 2

Looking at the TAB this morning, USA racing 1st race to go is Evangeline Race 1 in 3 minutes, so I have a look at the American site, 1st race at that venue is 2 hours away.

Can they not even sort out the time zones ? or are they just incompetent !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Flash said:

Looking at the TAB this morning, USA racing 1st race to go is Evangeline Race 1 in 3 minutes, so I have a look at the American site, 1st race at that venue is 2 hours away.

Can they not even sort out the time zones ? or are they just incompetent !

I so hear ya....

On the new "results page" we find the Concession Double result appearing ahead of the Double result. I presume this only occurs when the Concession Double runner number is lower than the Double runner number. Perhaps they need to hard code to Double (first) Concession Double (second). If the programmers were racing people, or racing people were used to test things annoying problems would be eliminated before things go 'live'.

Double Concession 9/3 15.30
Double 9/13 34.50
  • Like 1

On 21/04/2019 at 11:24 AM, Nowornever said:

how hard would have it been to get a couple of hard core punters to do a once over on the new website before it went live and point out its shortcomings. For 50mil and to produce this shite ranks right up there

Hit the nail on the head mate !

that would have been far better spent upping min. stakes.

Things that annoy me are easy access to track conditions,  exotic will pay access, the PDF form is hidden in a drop-down ..(and cumbersome for study ...(require a few windows up)

It lacks winning barrier stat info, concise c&d & weather stats...with expected speedmap.(avail. on other sites)

Some of the promo,s are good ...double down !... but others struggle to match the top up offers offered by Oz opposition.

And thats just off the top of me head ! ... Others will add to the list 

• 3 weeks later...

As an aside, I cannot believe how many times the TAB have given me free money to bet with over the last 3 weeks, which I have told them to stick with numerous emails, with no reply as yet.

Is it because I only have 60 cents in there?. In amongst that have been  100 dollar enticements in matching my input.

If,  as I was told that they are 30-35% down on turnover after the app debacle , then it really is the "dance of the desperates". Mind boggling ineptness.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

I find it really annoying that the prize money that they are competing for is not included. All the overseas sites have it. The newspapers have it, the old site had it, so why the fook does this new website not have it. I would of thought this is crucial information about the merits of the race. I attach the importance of the race being reflected in what they are competing for. Just more stupidity for mine.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

52 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I find it really annoying that the prize money that they are competing for is not included. All the overseas sites have it. The newspapers have it, the old site had it, so why the fook does this new website not have it. I would of thought this is crucial information about the merits of the race. I attach the importance of the race being reflected in what they are competing for. Just more stupidity for mine.

Makes a huge difference to what sort of bet you have if you can see what $$$$ they are racing for especially in Australia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

The way that the new platform has been set up and the way day to day information has been missed , information that is misguiding and misleading  , and a platform that is misery to utilize shows that the people behind this business have no interest , no feel , no understanding or knowledge regarding gambling on horse racing , it comes through glareingly on this the TAB website . It's a bit like me setting up an operating theatre for brain surgery .

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

I've given up on it.  I'm not a punter but I do like watching and following form.  The app takes an age to get anywhere and chews up my prepaid data allocation.

I now use OZ sites for form for NZ.

But don't the codes own the racing data and the NZRB only the wagering data?  Are NZRB paying NZTR for the gallops data?

• Like 1

One thing that pissed me off the other night...

I had a bet on the Aussie greyhounds (I was bored). I backed a dog paying $8.50 FO, but backed it on the tote as it was paying $14. 

It won and the dividend that came up after the race was $11.40. I thought "that's OK, the pool is small so I don't mind the drop in price."

HOWEVER.... when the confirmed result came in, the winner paid $3.50.....

1 minute ago, SLB2.0 said:

One thing that pissed me off the other night...

I had a bet on the Aussie greyhounds (I was bored). I backed a dog paying $8.50 FO, but backed it on the tote as it was paying $14. 

It won and the dividend that came up after the race was $11.40. I thought "that's OK, the pool is small so I don't mind the drop in price."

HOWEVER.... when the confirmed result came in, the winner paid $3.50.....

Yeah that has pissed me off for a long time.  It seems to be because they put the commingled turnover in last and I've suspected for a long time the TAB reduce their FOB risk on the tote.

• Champ Post 1

12 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yeah that has pissed me off for a long time.  It seems to be because they put the commingled turnover in last and I've suspected for a long time the TAB reduce their FOB risk on the tote.

Their a gutless bunch , watch fixed odds on any NZ race and watch a fav shortning to the extent that other prices should be going out , but they wait and wait and then after official closing time and the last couple of horses are going in suddenly prices lengthen . Almost as if they can say we did move the prices not our problem you didn't wait , how many bets are missed by people who are trying to get best price . Costing themselves turnover .

• Champ Post 1