Bit Of A Yarn

Schofield 2 year ban

JasonMc

Yes, remember Shorty well. My dog Aqua Floss denied him his 2nd NZ Cup Gp1 at QE11 over a real race distance of 805 mtrs in the mud. He was a great dog. I had the pleasure of bringing both Shorty and his owner trainer Mike Lelliot home from Samson after they broke down on the way home after competing at Claudlands Hamilton.

As for what is wrong with the game is not an answer I can give without collecting my thoughts. It is a good question, and I shall think about it before attempting an answer. But on one thing you can be sure, things have gone terribly wrong.

• Like 1

Remarkably, Shorty Bijou (Spanish Bijou x Lady Rushton) ended his very distinguished career by winning two races at Addington after the move there from QEII. Believe it or not, he was over SIX years old when he won his last race.

104 starts, 46 over the staying trips, 19 wins and 15 placings, $70,368.25.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jape2 said:

Remarkably, Shorty Bijou (Spanish Bijou x Lady Rushton) ended his very distinguished career by winning two races at Addington after the move there from QEII. Believe it or not, he was over SIX years old when he won his last race.

Wow, didn’t think he raced at Addington. Course stats, mud etc was always s good guide at QE2. 

Was a real team effort, boys pushing starting traps to different distance starts before race, good viewing, you could sit on any seat around the track. I did enjoy the grass racing. 

Do dogs now have more injuries at Addington than they did QE2?

3 hours ago, Jape2 said:

Always remember shorty bijou would be almost tailed off in his races and then pick of the runners in front of him one by one, I think dog races in the early/mid 80's were on a Tuesday afternoon, I remember the tab was shut Sunday and Monday back then.

5 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Always remember shorty bijou would be almost tailed off in his races and then pick of the runners in front of him one by one, I think dog races in the early/mid 80's were on a Tuesday afternoon, I remember the tab was shut Sunday and Monday back then.

Flag, your right. 

Another goodun misty anna. I’ve never followed the dogs that much, but I love the hype around the top ones in any code, it’s what gets us excited. 

As a kid, probably late 70s, the whole family went to a fireworks display at QE2. Not sure what the other entertainment was, but I do recall a dog race or 2. Which looking back, I still remember the packed stadium roaring as these dogs flew around the track. 

Anyone remember this? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Flag, your right. 

Another goodun misty anna. I’ve never followed the dogs that much, but I love the hype around the top ones in any code, it’s what gets us excited. 

As a kid, probably late 70s, the whole family went to a fireworks display at QE2. Not sure what the other entertainment was, but I do recall a dog race or 2. Which looking back, I still remember the packed stadium roaring as these dogs flew around the track. 

Anyone remember this? 

Yes remember misty Anna, great dog, and there was a top hurdler (when they had hurdles) but the name escapes me.

10 minutes ago, Bigjay said:

OMG that was 6 years ago I thought you meant recent. lets keep this positive and leave that where it was in the distant past:(

i didnt say it was recent you asked for the link and regardless of whether it  is in the past its still fact

On 4/05/2018 at 11:22 AM, Newmarket said:

Wow, didn’t think he raced at Addington. Course stats, mud etc was always s good guide at QE2. 

Was a real team effort, boys pushing starting traps to different distance starts before race, good viewing, you could sit on any seat around the track. I did enjoy the grass racing. 

Do dogs now have more injuries at Addington than they did QE2?

It is not that easy to quantify as the racing at QEII was infrequent compared to what developed at Addington where there are now about 1600 races in a season.

However, I do remember a trainer telling me, quite some time after the shift,  he had saved a thousand dollars in vet bills as a result. I have no way of checking that but he certainly seemed happy.

Not everyone was happy about the shift, though. After all,  it was to have been to a spot at Riccarton Racecourse down towards Steadman  Road but the Racing Authority stepped in, in the form of John Alexander, and put the kybosh on that.  Next step, Addington, and that got the ok.

I believe the type of injury varies from grass tracks to the all-weather variety.

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/appeal-d-schofield-v-riu-interim-decision-of-appeals-tribunal-dated-8-may-2018-chair-mr-m-mckechnie

so plan now is for Pam to be the trainer ( so no change of situation) if accepted but the good to come out of this is the loophole that allows Junior to be unlicensed and be the trainer has a rule change 1 August effective date :D

• 3 weeks later...

Aqua.  Yes is in a very sad state of affairs and unfortunately the dogs are going to be the big losers.

im sorry to say but there appears to a lot more bad news coming out, and it’s all like it’s out of one kennel..

Threatening to cut someone’s throat, this should be in the hands of the Police

Seems to be up on a charge of Fraud 

Talk about out of control 

and of course a 10 month investigation into live and dead baiting 

Whats next ?

Where’s  The Management when it’s needed.

Unfortunately it’s being run by a kennel and his backer

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Aqua.  Yes is in a very sad state of affairs and unfortunately the dogs are going to be the big losers.

im sorry to say but there appears to a lot more bad news coming out, and it’s all like it’s out of one kennel..

Threatening to cut someone’s throat, this should be in the hands of the Police

Seems to be up on a charge of Fraud 

Talk about out of control 

and of course a 10 month investigation into live and dead baiting 

Whats next ?

Where’s  The Management when it’s needed.

Unfortunately it’s being run by a kennel and his backer

Some very serious accusations!!! where can I find the articles and proof of them as be interested to read it?

On 12/05/2018 at 11:32 AM, Bigjay said:

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/appeal-d-schofield-v-riu-interim-decision-of-appeals-tribunal-dated-8-may-2018-chair-mr-m-mckechnie

so plan now is for Pam to be the trainer ( so no change of situation) if accepted but the good to come out of this is the loophole that allows Junior to be unlicensed and be the trainer has a rule change 1 August effective date :D

Report says ban starts June 1 but looking at June 2 fields says Dennis still the trainer?

Bigjay.   He threatened to slit S McInerney throat, was heard by Stipendiry Steward and a number of witnesses and it is in the hands of the RIU. There lies the problem 

Threatening to kill can carry a 7 year jail sentence.

Some high flying businessmen from P North got scammed and hence the court proceedings for fraud.

But wait there’s more

Why is there a need to scam money from someone when you've won 1.75M in stakes thus far this season?

Something just isn't ringing true.

Side note: This is a very different topic than the "Schofield 2 year ban" which the thread is intended for.

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Why is there a need to scam money from someone when you've won 1.75M in stakes thus far this season?

Something just isn't ringing true.

Side note: This is a very different topic than the "Schofield 2 year ban" which the thread is intended for.

I agree Yankiwi

sounds like the poster has issues with the Cole kennel but not on topic of this post . maybe they should start their own thread. maybe if no one bites back in here they might go quiet?