Bit Of A Yarn

trainers predictions

the galah

Well I don't  normally bet on gallops,but while waiting for the next trots race I heard the trainer of one in the 4 horse race interviewed and he said one of his 2 runners was the biggest certainty he had had for a long,long time. Given his other runner was the favorite i had a small bet.

Well knock me over with a feather.. the favorite rolls home,,and the jockey on the certainy rode like he miscounted the rounds making up many lengths in the last 100m..

The trainers summation after the race was the jockey on his certainty had fallen asleep. He was being very kind.

The reason I don't bet on gallops is because in the south island you have that many jockeys with very limited years riding who understandably have no tactical idea. Just no comparison with the trots where you have mature drivers who know what they are doing. give me the trots anyday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Well I don't  normally bet on gallops,but while waiting for the next trots race I heard the trainer of one in the 4 horse race interviewed and he said one of his 2 runners was the biggest certainty he had had for a long,long time. Given his other runner was the favorite i had a small bet.

Well knock me over with a feather.. the favorite rolls home,,and the jockey on the certainy rode like he miscounted the rounds making up many lengths in the last 100m..

The trainers summation after the race was the jockey on his certainty had fallen asleep. He was being very kind.

The reason I don't bet on gallops is because in the south island you have that many jockeys with very limited years riding who understandably have no tactical idea. Just no comparison with the trots where you have mature drivers who know what they are doing. give me the trots anyday.

How dare you!!!

Kelvin Tyler is az honest azzzz!...the day is long...and it's very long down there...

Az soon az he said that he instantly apologised....

...which is more than a Harness type would do when charged with adminning Blue stuff...

..or supplying party poppers...give us an mmmmm...give us a Deeeee...an hhhhhh 

what have we got??

Its party time après Jewels....let's dance...hard out baby...

...and they still get to drive and be laudered...weird az

31 minutes ago, Thomass said:

How dare you!!!

Kelvin Tyler is az honest azzzz!...the day is long...and it's very long down there...

Az soon az he said that he instantly apologised....

...which is more than a Harness type would do when charged with adminning Blue stuff...

..or supplying party poppers...give us an mmmmm...give us a Deeeee...an hhhhhh 

what have we got??

Its party time après Jewels....let's dance...hard out baby...

...and they still get to drive and be laudered...weird az

What a strange response.

Not sure whether your taking the mikey. Don't really know you. I never said tyler was dishonest, just the the jockey went from 1 length off the leaders with 400m to go,then  became about 7 lengths further back with 300m to go,then flew late.

A senior jockey would have won by 5 lengths untouched with time to take a selfie and post it on snapchat while sitting up in the irons over the last 100m.The south island just doesn't have much depth amongst the jockeys.

Bring back david walsh.

I agree backing 1.20 shots at the trots in pools the size of some kids money jar is just so much fun!

On that  note how boring were the Jewels races yesterday,  just a snorefest has that idea run its course? 

• Like 1