Bit Of A Yarn

Tartan shirt

gambler

I reckon there should be a dress code for LP's standing on their dog trailer just outside the track.

LP's a liable for what they say on social media when they are numerous miles from any track, so why should " the GRNZ image" be treated any differently?

3 hours ago, Cheats onion rings said:

Thats actually not correct. There is a dress code and it should be adhered to. Why should he get away. Look at the Deb saga when she had cargo pants. Racing was nearly brought to a halt

Dress code also states that shirts must be tucked in....

Obviously Nathan was cold, most handlers know how that feels. He would not have been aware the shirt tail was showing.

I honestly could care less about a shirt tail. If you wear the uniform pictured on the website, at least 60% of the participants will be hospitalized with hypothermia during winter months here in NZ. It's an absolute joke. Staying warm or cool is a basic human right. People affected by heat and/or cold pose a risk to not only their own safety, but also the safety of the dogs and others. Each individual is affected differently and it is about time this one size fits all mentality was chucked out. Winter attire must be appropriate to the conditions, time exposed, health, age, gender, and the job involved.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cheats onion rings said:

Oopsy Nathan. Hahaha. Ya gotta laugh at the shit these sad whinges go on about. Same people week in week out. At the track or on here. Yeah he might of made a mistake, having his Jersey hanging an inch out. 5 degree night and all. Watch out he might wear a singlet in the summer peps. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cheats onion rings said:

Thats actually not correct. There is a dress code and it should be adhered to. Why should he get away. Look at the Deb saga when she had cargo pants. Racing was nearly brought to a halt

Have another wine G :)

• Like 2

The policy is a policy for all LP's.

I do not believe the policy is correct, but that does not matter.

My problem is how the rules & policy's are policed. John was basically castrated because he refused to wear a tie. Deb was run through the ringer over her pants, yet Nathan broke the SAME dress code policy & not even a mention in the Stewards report.

Like I've said many time before, in the greyhound code, it's not what someone may have done it's who they are.

Why did the JCA discount a fine for a serial offender of the same offence?

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-j-mcinerney-decision-dated-25-may-2019-chair-prof-g-hall

[52] We believe a small reduction in penalty from the figure of $300 that Mr Coppins has submitted, is appropriate for this factor.

[53] Mr McInerney is fined the sum of $200.

Maybe the JCA believes the scales down south know who's dog they are weighing. Why is it that no other trainers dogs are weighed in error by those scales? Connect the dots....

Wow I'm so sorry for wearing the wrong jersey not shirt  under my black Kathmandu jacket on a cold night i was made aware of this after the first and tucked it in for the 2nd race I will make sure I have a bigger black jacket to wear on those cold nights once again I'm sorry to all the people I offended in wearing a wrong jersey

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

25 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Wow I'm so sorry for wearing the wrong jersey not shirt  under my black Kathmandu jacket on a cold night i was made aware of this after the first and tucked it in for the 2nd race I will make sure I have a bigger black jacket to wear on those cold nights once again I'm sorry to all the people I offended in wearing a wrong jersey

Don't feel like you should apologise to these whinging bastards Nathan. But good on you. Some people have far too much time on their hands. All the best. 

• Like 1