Bit Of A Yarn

Nelson 2nd Day

Newmarket

All,  What horses do you see ready for 2nd day. You know how it works, many trainers just give their horses a wee run first day, run a place then try harder 2nd day. 

Silk is one i think will win. Settled 4th in indian file, plenty of time to get off rails, but stayed there, ran home strongly for 3rd. Get on. 

Anyone have veiws? 

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

All,  What horses do you see ready for 2nd day. You know how it works, many trainers just give their horses a wee run first day, run a place then try harder 2nd day. 

Silk is one i think will win. Settled 4th in indian file, plenty of time to get off rails, but stayed there, ran home strongly for 3rd. Get on. 

Anyone have veiws? 

I don't think you saw drivers with the mindset of  just giving their horse a run on the first day.

The handful of drivers who you think may do that weren't driving yesterday anyway.

As to the drive on silk,i think that is just the way Robbie holmes drives  sometimes,,  I think he is very honest.   Like you  ,I thought silk went very well,it looked like it would begin fast if it draws the front.  Whatever I Court does with his horses,they all seem good beginners.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Funny you say that, i had a few bucks on it friday, copped a check, so might have a few bucks on it again. 

Certainly a battler, but you never know up there, just put a few in Dolly Jones, must be due to trot the whole trip soon.Fingers crossed, looking at minimal outlay, for maximum return.

21 hours ago, the galah said:

I don't think you saw drivers with the mindset of  just giving their horse a run on the first day.

The handful of drivers who you think may do that weren't driving yesterday anyway.

As to the drive on silk,i think that is just the way Robbie holmes drives  sometimes,,  I think he is very honest.   Like you  ,I thought silk went very well,it looked like it would begin fast if it draws the front.  Whatever I Court does with his horses,they all seem good beginners.

Galah, I was not saying anything dodgy going on last friday. Was just saying that many were not giving their horses too hard a run, with todays meeting in mind.

That fav in that first race had hard run fri, which is why i think silk is my bet of the day.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:38 AM, Newmarket said:

Anyone have veiws? 

Almost a replay of day 1,no room again in straight.

As soon as he gave away the lead with the favorite looming, you knew he would end up 3 back,and you knew any winning chance was gone.  

Just proves what I said,he wasn't waiting for day 2,it's just a tactical thing .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Gotta ticket? No

Murphy's law.

I put $15 on at $71 to win as i've backed it in its most recent starts as well. 

At least the $92 quinella  was nice.    Was that S  Paynes first winner?

Oldwhiteman may not have been a fan 6 months ago, of the gills and their horses,but he must be laughing now.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2