Bit Of A Yarn

Foxbridge Plate

Ashley

12 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Shenshational alright....2x 10k bets on the Shark....

Only prob is the fierce rail bias...where the rain's predicted to arrive later now...so the fence should be on all day...

..and The Shark doesn't like sand kicked in his face...who does?

3 x  10k   &  2 x 5k 

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

What a great field and obviously the shark looks a big chance but I hope Helena Baby shoves it up the Village idiot.   Sentimental miss the bolter.

bolter is right ...if she runs a place fresh against this lot shes in for a big 4yo season .. Santa Monica a better place bet esp if they stick near the fence

Edited by Weasel

22 minutes ago, Weasel said:

bolter is right ...if she runs a place fresh against this lot shes in for a big 4yo season .. Santa Monica a better place bet esp if they stick near the fence

I will bet you a dunkin donut that Senti Miss beats home santa Monica

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

TAS will need to be good to make ground at Te Rapa.

Helena Baby should just run from the outset and have them all chasing.

Winner too good but It was a good run from TAS and Helena Baby wasvery brave.  Sentimental Miss huge im on her for the Livamol.

Very good run from TAS.

Helena Baby was good after missing the kick and sitting three wide. Certainly loses no admirers but TAS should be winning a G1 in Aussie this spring.

That being said... spring isn't great for the Kiwis. We're more autumn/winter types.

Edited by SLB2.0

Top runs from the first 6 or 7 -cost me a dunkin donut well done Ashley!! SM is certainly one to follow over a trip through the next few months.

As a complete aside...what  pig of a track Te Rapa is these days, a shadow of its former great self. It'd almost be worth running the Foxbridge Plate 2 weeks later, in August ...at Ruakaka, where these good sprinters can at least get a fair go on decent ground!

12 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

I see the niller over at RC has called Helena Baby a hack.

Comeback finished better than our Horse of the Year.... Melody Belle must also be a hack.

Helena Baby will clean up in Brisbane next winter.

This the same "niller" that has said Consensus is the best 2000m horse in Aus/NZ and has convinced McKee to aim for the Cox Plate?

Aren't we all still waiting for Felaar to live up to its "potential"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Weasel said:

Top runs from the first 6 or 7 -cost me a dunkin donut well done Ashley!! SM is certainly one to follow over a trip through the next few months.

As a complete aside...what  pig of a track Te Rapa is these days, a shadow of its former great self. It'd almost be worth running the Foxbridge Plate 2 weeks later, in August ...at Ruakaka, where these good sprinters can at least get a fair go on decent ground!

I think SM is a very good horse.  Unless you like near the Naki Weasel please buy a donut for a homeless person and make me feel sentimental.

• Like 1

You simply can't beat Arsetralian Group 1 form....and this neddy had it...to go with recent residual fitness...

...not to mention the outstanding barrier trials... from both horses...1& 2

Theres no doubt the Shork is high class...just look at his sectionals...not to mentions using ones eyes....

...but the barrier draw was crucial here...no need to mention that

4 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

I see the niller over at RC has called Helena Baby a hack.

Comeback finished better than our Horse of the Year.... Melody Belle must also be a hack.

Helena Baby will clean up in Brisbane next winter.

i think Helena Baby will be a long way from Queensland, unless there's been a change of plan on account of 'civil unrest' in Honkers

Edited by Weasel

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

i think Helena Baby will be a long way from Queensland, unless there's been a change of plan on account of 'civil unrest' in Honkers

Johnny Bell was az excited az a kid in slops yesterday...or is that a pig/ lolly shop?

Hed heard NO Neddys az old az his pensioner had EVER been granted a place to race in HK...so he's resting on that laurel 

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

This the same "niller" that has said Consensus is the best 2000m horse in Aus/NZ and has convinced McKee to aim for the Cox Plate?

she ain't good enough to be in the Cox Plate imo...but he'll be trying to get her in the field so he can get his photo taken standing on an apple box with the cognoscenti, celebrati, paparazzi et alia LOL

Edited by Weasel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

That's him!

The same guy that made fun of Chris T for pointing his finger when posing with "celebs". Here's an example.

leo.jpg