Bit Of A Yarn

The Terrorist at Methven

Happy Sunrise

I see a horse by the name 'The Terrorist' is having its first up run at Methven on Sunday. Is that an appropriate name in this day and age?

I can hear 'and the terrorist wins'.....'and the terrorist slays them' One could go on forever with possibilities.

If it gets up and in grade we might hear ' The Terrorist knocks off Bush man in the shadows of the judges tower...'

But I suppose it is not different to 'Stevie Lynn has Cathy Brown at the finishing post' Just a shame those 2 horses are not in the same race on Sunday.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I see a horse by the name 'The Terrorist' is having its first up run at Methven on Sunday. Is that an appropriate name in this day and age?

I can hear 'and the terrorist wins'.....'and the terrorist slays them' One could go on forever with possibilities.

If it gets up and in grade we might hear ' The Terrorist knocks off Bush man in the shadows of the judges tower...'

But I suppose it is not different to 'Stevie Lynn has Cathy Brown at the finishing post' Just a shame those 2 horses are not in the same race on Sunday.

The Courts were asked to change the name by HRNZ, however they wouldn’t which I agree with.

Where do u draw the line

• Champ Post 1

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The Courts were asked to change the name by HRNZ, however they wouldn’t which I agree with.

Where do u draw the line

I see in its breeding it is related to 'Fundamental' so I suppose the next one bred will be 'Fundamental Terrorist'

image.thumb.png.8eeb490e06405533683d811d972e2f5c.png

I find it interesting that the owners get to choose. I think HRNZ are well within their boundaries to ask for it to be changed (or even mandated) but how was it allowed in the first place?

There are enough snowflakes in the world already who are easily offended but 'The Terrorist'? Really?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

The Courts were asked to change the name by HRNZ, however they wouldn’t

Thanks Brodie for the background info.

But why would HRNZ bother to ask about a name change, if they were only ever going to rubber stamp it anyway? 

Don't ask. Just get on with it and make the decision to either approve or decline the name. Jesus there is too much faffing about sometimes by the powers that be. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

Where do u draw the line

My good friend Brodie, you are on the money again and I agree with you. There is nothing wrong with the name considering the colt is by Terrortolove. And let's not forget that actual Islamic terrorists have killed tens of thousands of people worldwide for the past 40 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

18 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Depends if you are a little bitch or a normal, sound of mind person. I am the latter, what are you?

17 minutes ago, Jonny Longshot said:

Depends if you are a little bitch or a normal, sound of mind person. I am the latter, what are you?

I don't mind whether they keep it or not as it is not the end of the world either way but I would lean to the side that it should have been turned down straight up. Rusty and OWM make valid points.

I was just asking what people thought.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I think this sort of stuff is crap.  Just the same as I think the Crusaders shouldn't change their name.  

Seems like the name is fine with everyone. That's cool.

I might go 'stipesrblind' to test the waters next time I name a horse. Will see what happens. Need to find their outer limits lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 5:10 PM, Chief Stipe said:

I think this sort of stuff is crap.  Just the same as I think the Crusaders shouldn't change their name.  

On the topic of crusaders and christians. It was fun to pick up a wee win on Christen Me in Yonkers at the start of the month, paid $3.50  

Edited by Boulevard21