Bit Of A Yarn

bound to impress

the galah

This horse seems very genuine and is well trained,but I've noticed its like  groundhog day nearly every time it runs.  

I don't think I've seen a horse driven the same way and get the same run so often.   Drop back,go last the fence,sit there and pull off so as to follow anything going backwards at the 400m,then finish fast the last 150m. I reckon ive seen that same run about 20 times from that horse. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, the galah said:

This horse seems very genuine and is well trained,but I've noticed its like  groundhog day nearly every time it runs.  

I don't think I've seen a horse driven the same way and get the same run so often.   Drop back,go last the fence,sit there and pull off so as to follow anything going backwards at the 400m,then finish fast the last 150m. I reckon ive seen that same run about 20 times from that horse. 

The horse must get sick of going around.

The horse can run abit, remember the night it bolted in over 2600m in a juniors race, cam from last.

There is a reason that it isn’t winning and it starts with a “J”.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

55 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The horse must get sick of going around.

The horse can run abit, remember the night it bolted in over 2600m in a juniors race, cam from last.

There is a reason that it isn’t winning and it starts with a “J”.

not a very good trainer remember he sacked a two win trotter and won 14 more wins when left that stable

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

not a very good trainer remember he sacked a two win trotter and won 14 more wins when left that stable

Then again if  he was doing the driving and it won 2 it must have been pretty good.

Maybe your right,although personally i think he can train them well, just his driving is so  tactically poor.  He is very consistent in that respect so the punter knows what they are going to get.  Not everyone can be a blair orange I suppose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the galah said:

Bound to impress made unruly for mobiles at the trainers request after tonight's run.

I thought this was one of the best mannered horses around.

Starting from the Unruly is a major handicap for any pacer.  

Strange,but true.

Why on earth would Mr Versteeg ask for the horse to be made unruly from the mobiles.

The horse did nothing wrong tonight apart from not being fully up behind the mobile.

So now it is going to be further behind and always going to settle down last!

Mr Versteeg should either sell the horse or give it to another trainer and I am sure that it would then be winning!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

would you like me to present an offer on your behalf ?

what is your budget for this particular animal ?

Maybe you could shout Brodie a half share in Bound to Impress with a little bit of clever book keeping? You could also buy up the Cruz Bar and the All Stars Stable to make it a trifecta of joy for Brodie.

image.png.23008dcfa759186adb25042f8048a3d0.png

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Maybe you could shout Brodie a half share in Bound to Impress with a little bit of clever book keeping? You could also buy up the Cruz Bar and the All Stars Stable to make it a trifecta of joy for Brodie.

image.png.23008dcfa759186adb25042f8048a3d0.png

i just had a quick look at what we do and i am not sure its us

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

please pm me with your full name and a copy of a current photo id and evidence you are good for 5k

Rest assured a Ranga, I am more than good for it!

Present the offer to the trainer. 
I will make it worth your while Ranga if you get it accepted.

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1