Bit Of A Yarn

Chase Auckland

Flybaby35

31 minutes ago, Flybaby35 said:

Well done Chase on win in NZ FFA. Not bad for an over-rated horse ???

I think he has the ability of the others. Especially from mobiles. I have backed him at 13s in the inter Dom's if I recall. Did it awhile ago. 

Dare I say it, I said on here he should go to UR for stands after his methven win just to step away. Probably reduced his chances of winning the cup by a bit though. 

Spankem and the fixer didn't live up to their billings, maybe the same way chase did in the lead up, doesn't mean they are no good, just means they are all similar and rely on a good run to win.

Classy B up there with them too. The Dunns have sorted him out.

• Like 1

Hit the nail on the head Happy.

And you did call it with the UR for CA. 

Was a good win today, but he had the run of the race with the sweetest trip. Much like his sires stakes win. At the top level of the game often it just comes down to the run of the race and luck in the running, as most can reel off a final 27 quarter etc. Reverse the run, reverse the result. But good win all the same. Should go well in the interdoms. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Purdons have not had so many wins as in past cup weeks. Whats going on?

Lower grades horses are nowhere near as good as they have been and they had a bit of bad luck. The last few years have been exceptional and even for the All Stars it is hard to keep doing year after year. They still won some big races!

The utter domination can be replaced by near total domination.

• Like 3