Bit Of A Yarn

Interdomions

1 minute ago, Gammalite said:

Well it seems as the draw gets near that about a third of the runners are 'PURDON' runners. (bigBar or Mark) , a third are the 'AUSSIES', and a third 'THE REST'.

One of those groups doesn't look overly strong. Maybe they will put 1/2 of the runners (from each of these 3 groups) , in each of the 2 Heats. 

Things will be interesting if some of the Aussies or classie brigade want to hold the lead or get driven aggressively against all star horses, they are used to most kiwi drivers handing up easily and letting them dictate feature races with the number of horses they have in them.....that's what I like about Aussie drivers generally, they value getting the front.

Just trying to pop on some all up bets before the draw. My picks Habibi Inta ( trotting 4.02 for 2 miles and 3.00 for mile1/2 last 2 starts) ???? that would beat some of the pacers.

and Bling It On , one of the best pacers I have ever seen. Won Victoria Cup recently beating 'Cruz B' and 'Colt 31' easy enough. Even though 9 he has always been good

50+ wins from 88 starts and over 50 of those were Group races for BLING IT ON.  Bring It On !!!!

18. Habibi Inta

Alexandra Park Race. 1

WINFM 6.00

Potential Return$60.00

10. Bling It On

Alexandra Park Race. 1

WINFM 9.00

Potential Return$90.00

Standard Multi (2 legs @ 54.00)

Combine all singlesshow legs

2 Legs

Odds54.00

Potential Return$540.00

• Like 1

clear as mud

hope this mob do go into property development

Nominations have closed. It has been confirmed that only two heats per night will be in the Inter Dominion Pacing Section: The likely make-up of the fields as follows subject to withdrawals at 2pm: R1 – $20K R50-84 Handicap Trot (Circus Boy E1 – Sunny Petite E2): R2 – $30K ID19 Trotting H1 – TBC - Field to be selected: R3 – $30K ID19 Trotting H2 – TBC - Field to be selected: R4 – $15K R46-60 JD Mob Pace as programmed: R5 – $15K R52-57 mobile pace (To Sir With Love E1): R6 – $20K R58-63 Mob Pace: R7 – $20K R66-78 Mob Pace PBD ratings/W$$$: R8 – $30K ID19 Pacing H1 – TBC - Field to be selected: R9 – $30K ID19 Pacing H2 – TBC - Field to be selected:

Race 7,8,9

FFA MOBILE PACE 2200m

IRT INTER DOMINION PACING CHAMPS FIRST QUALIFYING HEATS (Gr3)

Of $30000 ($16050 plus Dress Rug, $4950, $2400, $1500, $900, others $600)

3 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

clear as mud

hope this mob do go into property development

Nominations have closed. It has been confirmed that only two heats per night will be in the Inter Dominion Pacing Section: The likely make-up of the fields as follows subject to withdrawals at 2pm: R1 – $20K R50-84 Handicap Trot (Circus Boy E1 – Sunny Petite E2): R2 – $30K ID19 Trotting H1 – TBC - Field to be selected: R3 – $30K ID19 Trotting H2 – TBC - Field to be selected: R4 – $15K R46-60 JD Mob Pace as programmed: R5 – $15K R52-57 mobile pace (To Sir With Love E1): R6 – $20K R58-63 Mob Pace: R7 – $20K R66-78 Mob Pace PBD ratings/W$$$: R8 – $30K ID19 Pacing H1 – TBC - Field to be selected: R9 – $30K ID19 Pacing H2 – TBC - Field to be selected:

Race 7,8,9

FFA MOBILE PACE 2200m

IRT INTER DOMINION PACING CHAMPS FIRST QUALIFYING HEATS (Gr3)

Of $30000 ($16050 plus Dress Rug, $4950, $2400, $1500, $900, others $600)

Is it 3 heats or 2 heats and final?

6 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

As Richie benaud  that poor relation of peter baken once said "Glen McGrath is out for 2, just 98 short of his century"

I have to say though on one occasion Flagship, very late in his career at the Gabba 1st Test here in Brissy, in 2004 Glenn McGrath scored 61 against the kiwis coincidently.

I had wondered in on my birthday Nov 2004 and was some funny entertainment for sure. Over 100 runs for the last wicket with Gillespie.

Kiwis then rolled for 76 in their second Dig. Sorry about that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I have to say though on one occasion Flagship, very late in his career at the Gabba 1st Test here in Brissy, in 2004 Glenn McGrath scored 61 against the kiwis coincidently.

I had wondered in on my birthday Nov 2004 and was some funny entertainment for sure. Over 100 runs for the last wicket with Gillespie.

Kiwis then rolled for 76 in their second Dig. Sorry about that.

i only remember warney holing out to mark richardson when on 99 at the waca

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

No need to apologise gman ....it's a rollercoaster ride with kiwi cricket! Richie B was the greatest cricket commentator.

Loved Ritchie, never forget his reaction to the dreaded underarm incident. He was absolutely disgusted and was so close to giving them a spray.[that would of been great]

Latest Gabba test just finished yesterday .Pummeled the Pakis this time round. Aus unbeaten for over 30 years at Gabba now. only 13,000 went each day. struggling now because of 20/20.

Not too sure why they wouldn’t go with 3 heats rather than the 2?

Is it anything to do with less stake money being paid out?

With fields being so big, more chance of horses being interfered with and bad luck if you get back on the fence!

Anyway, decision made and hope it is a great series and Auckland Club can make some serious money, as they certainly need it bigtime!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spatchcock said:

Wrong.

2011 at Alexandra Park, 2 rounds of 2 heats.

Must be an Auckland thing then!

Thats right it was the year of the Quakes!

Not enough horses prepared to travel from the South Island or Oz to race,  maybe because it is right handed?

Stake for heats at $30k not that impressive but interesting to see that same stakes for the trotters in the heats!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Things will be interesting if some of the Aussies or classie brigade want to hold the lead or get driven aggressively against all star horses, they are used to most kiwi drivers handing up easily and letting them dictate feature races with the number of horses they have in them.....that's what I like about Aussie drivers generally, they value getting the front.

The kiwi drivers have a lot of 'distance' race driving so are used to giving up the lead. lots of room on the big grass tracks etc. and using good judgement.

A lot of speed racing here in Aus. especially Brisbane and Menangle where they head to the Top and want to hold it.

Before that there were plenty of 'Open Air' drivers, not wanting to follow a helmet at all , even if parked or 3-wide even. GAMMALITE a great example. Parked more often than not.

Pure Steel always 3 -wide.(but that poor bugger had to endure handicaps all the time) Vinny Knight , Jimmy O'sullivan always out and attacking on many horses. Death or glory !!

Lightning Blue shoved out 4 wide a lapout in 87' Interdominion at Addington and 100 whip-strikes later,........Glory !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Lightning Blue shoved out 4 wide a lapout in 87' Interdominion at Addington and 100 whip-strikes later,........Glory !!

Those Aussies horses in that series destroyed the tame bunch of Kiwis. It was downright embarrassing.

Thank goodness Bag Limit was scratched during the series or the locals wouldn't have won a dime.