Bit Of A Yarn

Interdominion Quaddie CHALLENGE round 2.

Gammalite

G'day NZ harness fans and Congratulations on the outright mauling you gave the Aussies on Night 1. !!!!!! and also for beating the POMS in first cricket test. !! good payback for unlucky World Cup.

news Flash for some of you. Last night HAIL CHRISTIAN got past CASH N FLOW in a Group3 FFA Menangle in 1.50 neat. maybe they should of had Interdominion crack. Too fast for the Aussies.

Points Update    from round 1 adjustments with points after field size , etc taken into consideration . TROTSFAN  48,   RANGATIRA  44,  NOWORNEVER  43,   GAMMALITE 42,  WOLF  39,                                                                                                                     HAPPY SUNRISE   30,  FLAGSHIP UBERALLES   29,  and HUNTERTHEPUNTER  on 27.

For round 2 away we go again, and for GAMMALITE

Chase Auckland,  Kennys Dream,  San Carlo   and  Marcoola.   

i know Im late but should be able to catch you guys.

Colt Thirty One , Majestic Man, Classie Brigade, Temporale

:D

Hi Globe Derby, you sure like to come off a HANDICAP !!  AS a racehorse nearly 100 years ago, you once placed 2nd off 230yards behind. (not a bad effort!!!!!) and often started off 100 yard plus handicaps.

At the Interdominions you are at the right thread having sired the Very First Interdominion winner. Evicus in 1936. also 2 son's that won the Interdominion and became great sires like yourself Logan Derby and Springfield Globe. you are a true Legend of the sport.

For this Interdominion challenge, and just a bit of fun and Not a handicap  am allocating you the FIRST night points of your 4 runners as well so you can start round 2 up with the field and with 29 points.  

Good Luck !!!!!

15 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Hi Globe Derby, you sure like to come off a HANDICAP !!  AS a racehorse nearly 100 years ago, you once placed 2nd off 230yards behind. (not a bad effort!!!!!) and often started off 100 yard plus handicaps.

At the Interdominions you are at the right thread having sired the Very First Interdominion winner. Evicus in 1936. also 2 son's that won the Interdominion and became great sires like yourself Logan Derby and Springfield Globe. you are a true Legend of the sport.

For this Interdominion challenge, and just a bit of fun and Not a handicap  am allocating you the FIRST night points of your 4 runners as well so you can start round 2 up with the field and with 29 points.  

Good Luck !!!!!

Cheers Bud. I was a great fan of the Globe Derby sire line , which of course is no more.

As one of the owners of two running tomorrow night( Majestic Man and Monty Python) it should be a good night.

I am picking the Aussie Colt Thirty One to improve over the sprint , he had a power of work to do on night one and did well to get as close as he did. Majestic man deserves a win after some luckless runs, he loves it on a right hand track and Phil discards all the gear he needs for left hand.The other two are noted sprinters.

• Like 1

Cheers Bud. I was a great fan of the Globe Derby sire line , which of course is no more.

As one of the owners of two running tomorrow night( Majestic Man and Monty Python) it should be a good night.

I am picking the Aussie Colt Thirty One to improve over the sprint , he had a power of work to do on night one and did well to get as close as he did. Majestic man deserves a win after some luckless runs, he loves it on a right hand track and Phil discards all the gear he needs for left hand.The other two are noted sprinters.

Did the Lordship racehorses never make it in the sire line ? Lord module was solid looking horse. No foals?

Your 2 trotters are going great Guns !! loved the dominion H'cap 3rd by Monty. very dour in a very fast race. hope they continue well for you.

I am in QLD and a Colt thirty One fan, 'Chester' actually won the Victoria Derby beating 2 of Marks and 2 of Emma Stewarts at big odds.

not many have been able to that, if any, in the one age group race. Interdominion top level though and combined, Purdons have 9 runners. If anyone can overcome that , then that will be an Interdominion and christmas miracle. hahahah

Spent years in Aussie going to many tracks of old. Melbourne Showgrounds ,Wayville, Harold Park ( thousands of times) Taree, etc. 

Maybe you saw some great Miracle Miles at Harold Park then???. Robin Dundee for NZ or Halwes for Tassie.?

Halwes had scratched from the Auckland Interdominion in 1968 just prior to that Miracle Mile win, with a bit of 'bookmaker ' involvement , giving away a near certain victory with the times he was running in the Heats, and the fact First Lee then won that title and was 20yards behind Halwes at the end of a record time in the Miracle mile 1968.

Chase Auckland

Habibi Inta

Mach Shard

Temporale

Haha you have funny moniker OLDWHITEMAN , up against some great pacers, Gammalite, Globe Derby and Happy Sunrise. lol. not sure who 'Flagship Uberalles' is  with his moniker, but sounds like a horse name.

We are going to have a 'Bit Of A Yarn' Interdominion Champion to match the bloodstock. TROTSFAN leads at the moment after round 1.

Because you haven't selected any first round winners you can have round 1 points for these selections as well , as I did for Globe Derby with his selections last night after he missing round 1. so you can  join the field and join in the fun at 40 points.

NEW RULE: any more latecomers today , who missed round 1, will NOT get Round 1 points from any of the Round one winners. 

that makes it fair for those who played round 1. and does not effect GlobeDerby12 or OldWhiteMan selections . cheers.

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Haha you have funny moniker OLDWHITEMAN , up against some great pacers, Gammalite, Globe Derby and Happy Sunrise. lol. not sure who 'Flagship Uberalles' is  with his moniker, but sounds like a horse name.

We are going to have a 'Bit Of A Yarn' Interdominion Champion to match the bloodstock. TROTSFAN leads at the moment after round 1.

Because you haven't selected any first round winners you can have round 1 points for these selections as well , as I did for Globe Derby with his selections last night after he missing round 1. so you can  join the field and join in the fun at 40 points.

NEW RULE: any more latecomers today , who missed round 1, will NOT get Round 1 points from any of the Round one winners. 

that makes it fair for those who played round 1. and does not effect GlobeDerby12 or OldWhiteMan selections . cheers.

Thanks Cobber.

I have been away overseas, just got home. I missed the first night of the Interdoms. Oldwhiteman has seen all the champions... Gammalite, Hands Down, Pure Steel, Sir Castleton, Lord Module, Roydon Glen, Lazarus, Icandoosit, Scotch Notch... to name a few. I think all of these champs would be competitive today?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Thanks Cobber.

I have been away overseas, just got home. I missed the first night of the Interdoms. Oldwhiteman has seen all the champions... Gammalite, Hands Down, Pure Steel, Sir Castleton, Lord Module, Roydon Glen, Lazarus, Icandoosit, Scotch Notch... to name a few. I think all of these champs would be competitive today?

Agreed they are all champions of their day and were magnificent to watch in action, but unfortunately only One of these you mentioned would Win or even be Competitive Today.

That being LAZARUS , who would be at the winning post while the others (including Poor old Gammalite) would be back up the straight somewhere, wondering what way he went, or how he got 100m +, in front of them. 

Agreed they are all champions of their day and were magnificent to watch in action, but unfortunately only One of these you mentioned would Win or even be Competitive Today.

That being LAZARUS , who would be at the winning post while the others (including Poor old Gammalite) would be back up the straight somewhere, wondering what way he went, or how he got 100m +, in front of them. 

Hi Gammalite, you Aussie.

Ive just signed up because I saw your above comment, you’re obviously a younger whipper snapper. IMHO, Lord Module at his best would have been competitive anywhere in the world, at anytime.

He had speed to burn, one of those  excitement machines that we use to travel to the track to see( think Paleface Adios or Popular Alm).

My two cents worth. 
Good comp.

Cheers

• Like 2

Ive just signed up because I saw your above comment, you’re obviously a younger whipper snapper. IMHO, Lord Module at his best would have been competitive anywhere in the world, at anytime.

He had speed to burn, one of those  excitement machines that we use to travel to the track to see

The great Lord Module, yes in my teen years I was ripping home from highschool on my bicycle and hit a car trying to get home on a Tuesday to watch this race of his, the NZ CUP while I was in Auckland. Lord Module Reared up and lost 50m but with help from Sunseeker the stablemate was able to recover and win.

DSC01711.JPG

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

You havnt lived long enough son. Sir Castleton would be very competitive today, as would a few of those mentioned. Equipment has changed as has equine nutrition and training methods, so those horses under today's conditions would be no less as good. A horse is a horse no matter the time frame, and while the breed has changed somewhat the advent of AI in the 60,s in the States only narrowed the gene pool and produced clone horses. But it is pointless comparing horses from different eras.

Regards Globe

19 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Maybe you saw some great Miracle Miles at Harold Park then???. Robin Dundee for NZ or Halwes for Tassie.?

Halwes had scratched from the Auckland Interdominion in 1968 just prior to that Miracle Mile win, with a bit of 'bookmaker ' involvement , giving away a near certain victory with the times he was running in the Heats, and the fact First Lee then won that title and was 20yards behind Halwes at the end of a record time in the Miracle mile 1968.

I was lucky to see The Mighty  Young Quinn win the Miracle Mile in 1975. He drew the outside of 6 and he was written off because no horse had won from that draw.

Charlie Hunter drove him and let him idle along at the back until about 400 from home when he took off looped the field and bolted in. I recall that night the crowd was massive, I watched the race from the back straight fence. 

Prior to The Mircale Mile he had been unbeaten throughout The Interdoms, winning the final with ease.

You havnt lived long enough son. Sir Castleton would be very competitive today, as would a few of those mentioned.

Yes , have seen and driven a fair few over the years. Lazarus is in his own postcode with ability and racing style with times to boot. 1.48 and a bit in the states . 1.52.4 as a 2 year old with a 25.1 quarter. Those easy NZ cup wins !!  unbelievable.!!Best I've seen.

With the trotters thought Habibi Inta trotting 4mins 2sec for the Dominion H'Cap the other day was not bad. Scotch Notch and Sir Castleton would have to be right on their game to keep up. lol.

Gammalite won 2 Interdominions in Auckland 83. (Scotch Notch won the trot. And GlobeDerby park (named after you!!!) in 1984 when your little mate Sir Castleton flew the kiwi flag with a brilliant win in the trot at Adelaide beating Scotch Notch. Well done to all.

Clearly I have missed the score up, but will go for a few long shots to try and play catch up.... 

Chase Auckland

Massive Metro 

Star Galleria

Ronald J 

Thanks and good punting everyone. 

No worries Rusty, because we want everyone to be a chance of being 'Bit Of A Yarn' Interdominion Champion we dished out the first round points (for a couple of regulars who missed away in Round 1) on their round 2 selections .

With yourself, that tallied to 39 points. to put you back in the race. Good Luck tonight. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

• Like 1