Bit Of A Yarn

Have horse, won't travel

Happy Sunrise

White flag hoisted by southern trainers in the pacing ranks for the Auckland. 

The 3 year old fillies race could be interesting with both the Dunn horses drawn together tight on the front line and Amazing Dream one on the second line. The big trot should be a good go if Majextic Man gets to the lead and stays there.

The 200 000 PGG 3 year old looks interesting too. Maybe NZ Bloodstock need to sponsor a race like this in the future.

image.thumb.png.81c23176168daaf947a89dda32ba279a.png

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

You have to run the race , take all the swabs and then pay the stakes out , why the rush Brodie. You obviously dont rate Mach Shard

Greg

Why bother to run the race?

Borefest and they will run first four at worst!

Good for racing, yeah Nah!

• Champ Post 1

15 hours ago, Brodie said:

Why bother to run the race?

Borefest and they will run first four at worst!

Good for racing, yeah Nah!

You dont have to watch the event Brodie, its not compulsory but on the plus it gives you another  chance to have a moan and be generally negative which appears to be your modus opperandi

For someone who does not bet nor race horses why do you bother, should you be looking for a new hobby.

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You dont have to watch the event Brodie, its not compulsory but on the plus it gives you another  chance to have a moan and be generally negative which appears to be your modus opperandi

For someone who does not bet nor race horses why do you bother, should you be looking for a new hobby.

Greg

250k worth lining up in 

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

Maybe he cares about the dumbing down of a great sport where the sheeple like yourself are happy with mediocrity, small group 1 fields dominated by one stable with practicly everyone else shut out. Trainers and owners exiting the sport in droves...If you are happy with that and think it's a positive for the sport, you are a bigger wanker than I gave you credit for PAUL!.....see you on the sidelines with iraklis whoop weeee yeee haaaaaa gooooo me favvve reactor whaaaaaa eeeeee wheresmetablets....ahhhhhhh ineedasedative...weeeeeee

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

You are totally correct Greg, I don’t have to watch it and probably won’t!

It will be replayed many times over on Trackside however so I will no doubt see it!

It,is not a moan it is just stating the obvious, people are over this domination by the one stable in NZ.

There are going to be less and less higher class races as owners are going to keep selling overseas as they know racing a good horse is not going to pay off in NZ.

Whether I punt or not at the moment is irrelevant I just care about the current owners and trainers.who are struggling to survive.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

people are over this domination by the one stable in NZ.

When you have domination of the lead up to the  NZ Cup in Spankem and The Fixer but then have another horse from the stable win the race, then domination in the Inter Doms by another horse in Ultimate Sniper, and then, produce a hot favourite in another totally different horse in Self Assured who did not start in either the Cup or Inters for the Auckland Cup one just raises their hands in defeat.

And they have another horse in Another Masterpiece who produces a miracle run to win the the consolation in a very fast time who is not even in calculations for the Auckland Cup.

No wonder South Island trainers are going to Omakau for 30k. It is a nice trip away. The horses have a chance of winning. Owners can feel like they like they can win and at least someone will experience the joy of winning. 

I am over the domination. Yes, it is exceptional, I have acknowledged it all before and I think Mark and Natalie are first class trainers, the best ever in NZ by far but it is boring as bat shit watching the open class pacing ranks. 

Good luck to the other stables in the race, you will need it. Hope you fluke a win.

The big winner out of this is Omakau TC. Great for them to have such a good field for their big day. Hopefully TV1 can get there and do a follow up to their story about Ginger and Lionel. Maybe even Gabby's Star could win! Now that is something that may attract people to the races.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

When you have domination of the lead up to the  NZ Cup in Spankem and The Fixer but then have another horse from the stable win the race, then domination in the Inter Doms by another horse in Ultimate Sniper, and then, produce a hot favourite in another totally different horse in Self Assured who did not start in either the Cup or Inters for the Auckland Cup one just raises their hands in defeat.

And they have another horse in Another Masterpiece who produces a miracle run to win the the consolation in a very fast time who is not even in calculations for the Auckland Cup.

No wonder South Island trainers are going to Omakau for 30k. It is a nice trip away. The horses have a chance of winning. Owners can feel like they like they can win and at least someone will experience the joy of winning. 

I am over the domination. Yes, it is exceptional, I have acknowledged it all before and I think Mark and Natalie are first class trainers, the best ever in NZ by far but it is boring as bat shit watching the open class pacing ranks. 

Good luck to the other stables in the race, you will need it. Hope you fluke a win.

The big winner out of this is Omakau TC. Great for them to have such a good field for their big day. Hopefully TV1 can get there and do a follow up to their story about Ginger and Lionel. Maybe even Gabby's Star could win! Now that is something that may attract people to the races.

Thats why u may collect was a great story...hope for the little people in the industry.  Unfortunately to few and far between.  And now the trotters are being infiltrated by the oligarchs of the sport,. Thank goodness for the battlers on the grass tracks that race for peanuts but continually get big fields. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

hope for the little people in the industry.

The little people are the 99% majority these days

11 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Thank goodness for the battlers on the grass tracks that race for peanuts but continually get big fields. 

Legends, not battlers...?

The life blood of harness racing and the thing that will keep the pulse ticking of the sport way into the future. Wait till we see race 1 on Trackside today at the Mot and the amount of people there.  Everybody will be up close and personal on the outer rail. Great betting races, First 4s will jackpot most likely so a chance for people to hear about the opportunity of getting a big collect. Quaddies will be good too. 

Some of us may feel seasick watching the horses as they go over the crossing and there will be a false start thrown in courtesy of the starter but what a great day.

And best of all, the cell phone coverage is shit house so people will actually have to talk to each other and watch the races!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Happy, yes the cell phone coverage is totally pathetic.

You would wonder how they are allowed to actually be able to race without having reception for cell phones there?

It is blatantly dangerous that people can not contact people at a race course all day!

The internet coverage ispathetic as well and I do know several people that don’t bother going due to this!,

You would think they could find a paddock out that way That could house a cell tower?