Bit Of A Yarn

This can't be good for the game...

Rusty

And please note, I've never been an All Stars basher, I just like good (fast) horses. Their stable tend to have the best horses. Or the better performing horses I should say.

The prolonged dominance of the stable is starting to get me worried after reflecting on that statistic however.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It's been said before, more than once, it's nothing new, but just take a moment to consider this.... 

20200106_222847.jpg

What a completly misleading statement. What this would have you believe is that each owner in the AS stable averaged this amount each month. What it actuelly means is the stable won 6 million in prize money and when trainers, drivers etc percentages are taken out is considerable less. It is then divided up amongst all the all stars owners. Sure some will have done very well but others just average and some very little. 

Why does a journalist of McCarthys standing write such rubbish. Sounds like a promontional add for a product that he is trying to sell. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

It's been said before, more than once, it's nothing new, but just take a moment to consider this.... 

20200106_222847.jpg

Why is it hard to believe?

All Harness enthusiasts are well aware that the AllStars stables plunder the majority of the stake money in the big races.

Can Mr McCarthy kindly publish what the monthly stake money won on average for all the other owners of horses raced outside of the AllStars stable?

That would be far more beneficial going forward as to whether it is going to be worthwhile for new and existing owners to race a horse!!!!!!!!

certainly their dominance has killed the top end of the sport the top 6 or 7 a.s horses are better than anything else combined in the country. ..what have we got in the north island star galleria, mach shard and tripple eight ...classy brigade and a.gs whitesocks in the south...there is no competition...owners would be mad not to sell for the right money overseas. I would love to see what percentage of money in group 1 races has gone to other stables/owners outside a.s in the last 5 years, at a guess 30% 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Wonder if Mr McCarthy would also publicise what the costs on average per month was to be able to achieve that $500k?

My good friend Brodie there is another side to this argument. Yes, many All Stars' owners would be doing well with stakes won. But many of their owners have numerous horses in training not just with Purdon/Rasmussen; many also are breeders. Take Trevor Casey for example. Yes, he's had some great horses like Lazarus, and his latest star Winterfell, so he would be doing well stake-wise and his trophy cabinet must be overflowing. Stent, another top horse owned by Trevor, was trained by Colin DeFilippi. Trevor also has horses with numerous other trainers, including Regan Todd, Graeme Anderson, Tony Herlihy, Barry Purdon and he also has horses trained in Australia. Trevor Casey is also a breeder and stands Sky Major at stud. Trevor Casey must spend thousands a month on training fees, vet fees, feed and breeding costs. He deserves all the success he gets!!

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

19 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

My good friend Brodie there is another side to this argument. Yes, many All Stars' owners would be doing well with stakes won. But many of their owners have numerous horses in training not just with Purdon/Rasmussen; many also are breeders. Take Trevor Casey for example. Yes, he's had some great horses like Lazarus, and his latest star Winterfell, so he would be doing well stake-wise and his trophy cabinet must be overflowing. Stent, another top horse owned by Trevor, was trained by Colin DeFilippi. Trevor also has horses with numerous other trainers, including Regan Todd, Graeme Anderson, Tony Herlihy, Barry Purdon and he also has horses trained in Australia. Trevor Casey is also a breeder and stands Sky Major at stud. Trevor Casey must spend thousands a month on training fees, vet fees, feed and breeding costs. He deserves all the success he gets!!

trev having a red hot go

seems like top a fella and good for the game

Edited by Rangatira

31 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Whiteman, I appreciate Trevor spends plenty owning horses, but it doesn’t appear that he is starving though!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Whiteman, I appreciate Trevor spends plenty owning horses, but it doesn’t appear that he is starving though!

You are missing the point Brodie. Wether or not the man is well heeled before or after the event matters not. He puts back into the Industry that he obviously loves,and good on him. Isn't that what all us owners are doing. ? From your statement one could deduce a certain envy because of his success,fueled no doubt by your ad infinitum comments on AS barn domination.  And while Rusty does have a point , time will tell if the Industry is bought to its knees finally and all races will be contested by one stable. Till then we will continue to compete for that share of the pie, which I may add would have made a large dent in AS takings but for a little more racing luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

You are missing the point Brodie. Wether or not the man is well heeled before or after the event matters not. He puts back into the Industry that he obviously loves,and good on him. Isn't that what all us owners are doing. ? From your statement one could deduce a certain envy because of his success,fueled no doubt by your ad infinitum comments on AS barn domination.  And while Rusty does have a point , time will tell if the Industry is bought to its knees finally and all races will be contested by one stable. Till then we will continue to compete for that share of the pie, which I may add would have made a large dent in AS takings but for a little more racing luck. 

Globe, nothing at all to do with being well heeled, and personally speaking we have got many heels!!!

If he wants to put millions into the harness industry then that is his business and certainly never envious of anyone, don’t need to be!

As for being envious of the AllStars stable, would wonder why that would be?

Globe, the industry is haemorrhaging big time already and many people know this,. 

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1