Conquistare  (2 Starts)

Il Barone  (2 Starts)

Imabluesgirl  (1 Start)

Jans Buller Girl  (2 Starts)

Logans Rock  (2 Starts)

Sweep  (2 Starts)

Twirl  (2 Starts)

can anyone add to this list ?

I can't add to the list sorry, and I do not wish to change the topic of the thread, but, why couldn't Omoto (Greymouth) hold a trots meeting sometime, maybe during the coast circuit? 

I had the pleasure of attending the Omoto gallops meetings recently. First time on track for me, and I must say I was impressed with the facilities, even if they were stuck in 1983, I couldn't care less. Great view of the track, good facilities and the place was clean and tidy. It just seems a pity Greymouth doesn't play host to the trots anymore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Mark Purdon raced no less than the following horses at Victoria Park

Conquistare  (2 Starts)

Il Barone  (2 Starts)

Imabluesgirl  (1 Start)

Jans Buller Girl  (2 Starts)

Logans Rock  (2 Starts)

Sweep  (2 Starts)

Twirl  (2 Starts)

can anyone add to this list ?

Ranga, so clearly he was into racing all his horses at Greymouth back then!

So 13 starters at Greymouth, really active wasn’t he?

Which one of them won a few races or group race?

I rest my case!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

I rest my case!!

Brodie why does it matter?  I read a history of the Waterlea racecourse.  100 years of meetings there today.

Guess what all the Grandfathers of NZ harness raced there.  Yep even Purdons.

42 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Brodie why does it matter?  I read a history of the Waterlea racecourse.  100 years of meetings there today.

Guess what all the Grandfathers of NZ harness raced there.  Yep even Purdons.

Chief, why does it matter?

Did you not read the other post where Ranga once again called me a liar!

I said that I used to like the Greymouth harness racing one reason because of the fact that the AllStars horses weren’t didn’t race there!

Ranga called me a liar because Purdon had raced horses on the Greymouth track!

He came up with 13 starters out of all of the races that Greymouth has had, and how many were actually winners out of those 13 starts He didn’t say.

My point was that Purdon did not dominate all of the races and stakes were shared amongst many owners and trainers unlike where the AllStars juggernaut dominate nowadays.

Ranga just wants to be an antagonistic sod!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I said that I used to like the Greymouth harness racing one reason because of the fact that the AllStars horses weren’t didn’t race there!

As I've said before the Purdon family have dominated harness racing over many many decades.  The institutional knowledge that the family has cannot be equalled.  The difference is many of the other dominant families have not carried on their dynasties.   The All Star dominance will not last forever.  I don't see many young Purdon's running around.

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

As I've said before the Purdon family have dominated harness racing over many many decades.  The institutional knowledge that the family has cannot be equalled.  The difference is many of the other dominant families have not carried on their dynasties.   The All Star dominance will not last forever.  I don't see many young Purdon's running around.

the two purdon boys are doing a great job two starters the other day for two winners bet there mother is very proud of them

5 hours ago, Rusty said:

I can't add to the list sorry, and I do not wish to change the topic of the thread, but, why couldn't Omoto (Greymouth) hold a trots meeting sometime, maybe during the coast circuit? 

I had the pleasure of attending the Omoto gallops meetings recently. First time on track for me, and I must say I was impressed with the facilities, even if they were stuck in 1983, I couldn't care less. Great view of the track, good facilities and the place was clean and tidy. It just seems a pity Greymouth doesn't play host to the trots anymore. 

Think the original facility at Greymouth was owned by the mawhera corporation, when it was up for renewal they wanted to double the lease to struggling club,they couldn't afford it and that was the end, now it's a barron piece of land with nothing on it, a real shame, both Westport and reefton took their days for the March meetings, and I think they battle with those days, they used to have an open class trot there back in the day, with some top trotters racing, great facilities at omoto, did hold a few pacing races sometime back when struggling to fill galloping fields, not sure why a permanent shift to omoto was never taken up.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

I rest my case!!

your case is terribly flawed

of course this is not new

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

uncle hohepa sure wasn't greedy

Screenshot_2020-01-20-16-49-23.png

Mawhera Incorporation has made steps towards diversifying its investment base into other business areas besides land rentals and farming. Collaboration and partnership are the foundation for Mawhera Incorporation to be a strong economic force in the region. We are committed to working in partnership with like-minded organisations and individuals to deliver greater value to our shareholders and stakeholders.

diversifying investment base to now include vacant land

Edited by Rangatira
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Mawhera Incorporation has made steps towards diversifying its investment base into other business areas besides land rentals and farming. Collaboration and partnership are the foundation for Mawhera Incorporation to be a strong economic force in the region. We are committed to working in partnership with like-minded organisations and individuals to deliver greater value to our shareholders and stakeholders.

diversifying investment base to now include vacant land

your trying to be funny TREV

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

were are the braces???????? is he off to have fun at the beach??????? or are you the local sheep shagger rangatira??   

none of the above

but i feel i have come a fair way since the alleged fish and chippie operation in ashburton was it ?

• Haha 2