Bit Of A Yarn

“What no one knows, won’t hurt them”

1 hour ago, Taku Umanga said:

The $1500 fine pales in comparison to the quote that will last a lot longer.

If people had known Tall Poppy was domiciled at Kerr's then it would have been punted. Any new horse there gets a new lease of life. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Like I have aways said, they can use any excuse and the stipes normally believe them. On this occasion I believe he has been dobbed in and has been caught and the stipes have actually put in an effort for once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Like I have aways said, they can use any excuse and the stipes normally believe them. On this occasion I believe he has been dobbed in and has been caught and the stipes have actually put in an effort for once.

The report reads like they have gone after him. Interviews and a visit.

13. Mr Ydgren asked Mr Dolan if he had any concerns about the swabbing of the horse after the race yesterday and he said he had none.

What a question to ask. Mr Dolan must have felt he was boarding a plane overseas. Did you pack your own backs? Fair question when the horse is under your name but in the care of others. 

• Like 1

Hidden

It is another example of RIU trying to destroy the sport I love - the emotive RIU evidence / summary of facts is totally out of proportion for the crime.

Why ask about have you a concern the horse was swabbed - what is the stipe implying - he is not to have a preconceived option but to be independent neutral etc .

Another beet up which on both sides should of been treated professionally without blowing it up to a thing it was not . 

Do RIU hate there job as they are trying very hard to make sure they do not have one as they by numerous small cuts to make sure the sport is destroyed

Also for 12 months the other site has blocked me .

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

It is another example of RIU trying to destroy the sport I love

I semi agree, I have little love for the RIU but I also realise there are a few trainers and drivers out there who will put their own gain ahead of the industry.

36 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Another beet up which on both sides should of been treated professionally without blowing it up to a thing it was not . 

The trainer kept lying to ramp things up though didn't he?

Yes the trainer kept on digging himself a bigger hole but surely RIU should of said we have been informed the horse was at the other stable for near a week how about changing your story .

RIU should not always be aggressive - let’s throw the book at 123 - but show some human element .

The police don’t charge everyone all the time and a fine of $1,500 v’s the possible $30 k would say the JCA feel it wasn’t a biggy !

While here have the RIU ever breath tested drivers in the north island - if so how many times - in the sth island it is many times including chasing drivers to there house after driver stood himself down  due to illness . 

Just thinking maybe respect has to work both ways .

• Like 2

I think in the North they mainly concerned with naughty trackwork riders on drugs - I have seen the testers at harness a couple of times but with very little "success".   The south drivers seem to toe the line pretty well too.     Afterall with a 2 day meeting in the country not much to do on the middle day in between is there.     Takes me back to similar days on the northern circuits - just as well these measures were never considered then in respect of alcohol consumption ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2020 at 7:33 PM, LongOwner said:
Hidden

It is another example of RIU trying to destroy the sport I love - the emotive RIU evidence / summary of facts is totally out of proportion for the crime.

Why ask about have you a concern the horse was swabbed - what is the stipe implying - he is not to have a preconceived option but to be independent neutral etc .

Do RIU hate there job as they are trying very hard to make sure they do not have one as they by numerous small cuts to make sure the sport is destroyed

Also for 12 months the other site has blocked me .

Long Owner can you explain to us  how you are blocked for 12 months on another channel yet you posted on the same site in the Leo Molloy  thread yesterday.???

Something does not add up

Greg

16 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Long Owner can you explain to us  how you are blocked for 12 months on another channel yet you posted on the same site in the Leo Molloy  thread yesterday.???

Something does not add up

Greg

He is in a moderation queue.  So everything he posts over there has to be approved before publication.

8 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Understood although Long Owner IMHO has sailed close to the wind on here a few times. He seems to have a particular dislike for authorities like RIU and Police

Greg

sailed close to the wind do you think he is fartingtoomuch?????? think you will fined long owner is just having his say on what he thinks of harness racing is heading

• Like 1