Bit Of A Yarn

And You Wonder Why They Bet Off-Shore.

Yes, i'm afraid the more the NZ TAB lose customers, the more they take out of the pools. This is their answer to declining turnover, just take more out of the pools. NZ is now at the stage where the takeout on quaddies is 26%, as compared to our cousins across the Tasman where its 22%. This is just one example.

13 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Catalyst

NZ TAB  $1.10

NEDS   $1.75

I'm betting the left that Thaddeus broke out in the cold sweats when he knew how much BGP had in the boot...

Its like dressing the most desirable woman in the world..

...in a sack...and cat pee cologned 

Ya just move on and 'invest' Fitty on something else...Probably 

11 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I'm betting the left that Thaddeus broke out in the cold sweats when he knew how much BGP had in the boot...

Its like dressing the most desirable woman in the world..

...in a sack...and cat pee cologned 

Ya just move on and 'invest' Fitty on something else...Probably 

I thought you'd be all over it Thomaas.......  3yr old after Christmas, dropping back in class, blinkers off.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I thought you'd be all over it Thomaas.......  3yr old after Christmas, dropping back in class, blinkers off.

Ive been on a Whiskey bender for the last week and ain't caught up...

SERIOUSLY?  No BLINKERS??

And that WIDE beautiful CONFUSING HQ straight to get used to first time...without BLINKERS?

F ME...If I was into LAYING...

It's very common to start off a campaign without Blinkers...if you're not that serious...

...Im betting the right...that as soon as he gets to Oz...they go back on...

Hes lucky this week with the 2 drawn outside him are on pacers...and the one inside him is as well...

He could get smashed in a pincer movement...although he's better out there than bottled up on the rails...without Blinkers

So with cover probably...then hooked out..after spending nothing...

...to be greeted by the WIDE OPEN ex swamp...HQ straight...can't wait

Could do...the trial was good without them...even though the useless NZTR info...had them as ON...

...but it's about the pressure going on...and the lack of concentration that brings...

...especially in white hot Alligator country...

Would he have flattened the outside horse in the G1 without them on...

...knowing Horses try to avoid contact?

Edited by Thomass

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Does not seem to affect Lotto where they deduct 55%

others would be saying "easy to spot the idiots!"

ps. proud to say I have never spent 1 cent on them... lol! happy to donate about fifty bucks a year to local school raffles.. amusingly, after 18 years, still to win one prize!!!

24 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

Racing is worse than that. Most punters have less knowledge than bookies then multiplying their disadvantage over several reinvested races over the day the net takeout far exceeds 55%.

The average punter I talk to doesn't understand that takeouts reduce the winnings they receive. 

2 hours ago, The Centaur said:

Racing is worse than that. Most punters have less knowledge than bookies then multiplying their disadvantage over several reinvested races over the day the net takeout far exceeds 55%.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

The average punter I talk to doesn't understand that takeouts reduce the winnings they receive. 

lol! hence my rather aggressive talking down John Allan at a public meeting when he said there was a real need to educate the average/new punter about betting.!!! ?