Bit Of A Yarn

The latest from nzgra

Mehe

3 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

I believe the TAB updates after 7:30am on the race day. Form guides on the GRNZ website generally seem to be similar.

Third world really. Make's it illogical to do the form on a lazy Saturday for the Sunday Fields. I found it less frustrating to just give punting on greyhounds a miss.

yes i was doing the form on that race but after reviewing its form realised that dog must and should have been scratched 2 days prior . Really seems a bit hopeless. In future when time becomes a factor in what punters invest on,if those running the dogs keep up that slackness then why would you bother?

Edited by the galah

On 8/05/2020 at 9:16 PM, Yankiwi said:

Morepork has delivered another beautiful image from Thursday night.

GRNZ, it's time for at least one mask.

received_634531150736292.thumb.jpeg.486db24b9c61463281fcecd6dbf0e98b.jpeg

Plain crazy.  Not that I agree with much of the rules around Covid-19 but.....

Where are the RIU?

In Australia they have handed down some hefty fines and suspensions in Thoroughbred racing to those who have not conformed to the Covid-19 racing protocols.

Too busy hiding in hedges I guess.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Where are the RIU?

Why is it that the general public can detect such things but the RIU, who are tasked with the job, are unable too?

Crops from the first three images I had posted. The little white UFO isn't a snowflake!

image1.jpg.fea89610ff1692fa0bb74bb344427099.jpg

image2.jpg.c4d723b9080c8975ac4ed4a963cf9468.jpg

image3.jpg.f2f0adaaea30d666dcbb865c8c5e0e5d.jpg

Edited by Yankiwi

On 9/05/2020 at 9:52 PM, the galah said:

Just wondering when they do the scratchings for the dogs. Race 9 iron eyes apparently was stood down on thursday but still showing in field for tomorrow. Is that unusual or do they normally only update on the day?

On 10/05/2020 at 5:58 AM, Yankiwi said:

I believe the TAB updates after 7:30am on the race day. Form guides on the GRNZ website generally seem to be similar.

Third world really. Make's it illogical to do the form on a lazy Saturday for the Sunday Fields. I found it less frustrating to just give punting on greyhounds a miss.

Again    Race 2 manukau  17 may.  Atilas Arrow -Stood down from racing on 14 may for 5 days after a fall. Yet only comes up as a scratching on raceday,3 days later..   2 ballots don't get a start.   Is it just me,but isn't this just incompetence. Is anyone awake at grnz. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the galah said:

Again    Race 2 manukau  17 may.  Atilas Arrow -Stood down from racing on 14 may for 5 days after a fall. Yet only comes up as a scratching on raceday,3 days later..   2 ballots don't get a start.   Is it just me,but isn't this just incompetence. Is anyone awake at grnz. 

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13994/stewards-report.aspx

JUDICIAL REPORT:

1) - ATTILA'S ARROW was a late scratching at 9.40am. H Scott was issued with a Minor Infringement Notice and fined $300.00 for not scratching ATTILA'S ARROW (race 2) by the required scratching time denying a reserve runner a start.

Thanks for that,but it still seems ridiculous that the club,greyhound nz,or the trainer of the ballot were not aware a dog stood down from racing  3 days earlier, would not be starting. All rather amateurish.

Edited by the galah

Sometimes trainers will try get the standown over ridden so dont scratch until the last minute also some trainers have the second reserve and the dog they are scratching has a very good box like box 1,2or 3 so will not scratch until very late hoping for another to scratch so the reserve gets the good draw 

I dont think many clubs pass on scratching until they have to I could be wrong 

I know that most clubs let the reserve dog know as asp

• Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, the galah said:

Thanks for that,but it still seems ridiculous that the club,greyhound nz,or the trainer of the ballot were not aware a dog stood down from racing  3 days earlier, would not be starting. All rather amateurish.

If I had time I would give you a full explanation, but in short, the wankers in Petone changed the rules whilst in lockdown regarding welfare. Then put the onus on the busy trainer to scratch the dog, when in reality the wanking useless overpaid overmanned creepy RIU should of notified the Club that as a result of the dog falling at its last start it has a mandatory standdown for 5 days. Once again the wankers in Petone, yes the bludgers that stand around all day thinking up new rules, and further encroaching in trainers responsibility's on how they train their dogs are at fault.  The NZGRA have a long history of bringing in new rules and then failing to gazette them according to their own rules, and then surprise, expecting the plebs to know about them.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

52 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Sometimes trainers will try get the standown over ridden so dont scratch until the last minute also some trainers have the second reserve and the dog they are scratching has a very good box like box 1,2or 3 so will not scratch until very late hoping for another to scratch so the reserve gets the good draw 

I dont think many clubs pass on scratching until they have to I could be wrong 

I know that most clubs let the reserve dog know as asp

Surely a mandatory stand down cannot be rescinded? Surely once notified by a steward, the dog should be scratched immediately? I was under the impression the new rules were set in stone? Is this not the case?

• Like 1

Wait for the trainers to start lining up at the JCA to quash a Stewards ruling that their dog fell or that another trainers dog did fall. 

In the past, there have been several instances of decisions by Stewards which were obviously "convenient" falls, for protecting the form line of a dog due to clubs selection criteria.

The same sorts of instance on the track can now be conveniently "missed" by a Steward to preserve a dogs future starting position in a favourable field or from a favourable box draw..

Just wait for it...

McInerney, Wales and Fahey could all benefit from top dog's selective short sightedness which have been addressed under differing situations in the past.

Beam me up Scotty. I know it'll happen before you've even thought about it....