Bit Of A Yarn

Common Sense? NZTR Announce Initial Stakes Money

Chief Stipe

Just now, Huey said:

A horse can be ready in 8 weeks time fresh up over 2000m.

Ask Freda if she prepares hers like that? None of this light work garbage youre trying to use to squirm your way out .8 weeks from the paddock to the races thats what youre saying and claiming.

So again, since you are obviously a little slow.

Where have I stated anything about being a trainer or being able to get a horse to the races such as described. I haven't - but you don't read well.

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I've never said that. And you tried to suggest I can't read. Put my post up where I claim I can do that. need a good laugh. You'll be backtracking faster than ATA did.

Get squirming with lightwork or using the walker or pre-trainer, think of something else c'mon Mardigras.

Tell me again about no flat races in the UK in winter again, how did that go?

BTW are you the one who claimed on here a while ago weight didn't matter when assessing horses for the punt? Just for my interest.

1 minute ago, mardigras said:

So again, since you are obviously a little slow.

Where have I stated anything about being a trainer or being able to get a horse to the races such as described. I haven't - but you don't read well.

For someone who claims to be clever you really do struggle, let me try to help so you can keep squirming .

Youre implying that a horse can be pulled from the paddock and prepared to go to the races in 8 weeks, wait a minute that includes some time at the pre trainers now I guess? 

Where did I say you were a trainer?

3 minutes ago, Huey said:

For someone who claims to be clever you really do struggle, let me try to help so you can keep squirming .

Youre implying that a horse can be pulled from the paddock and prepared to go to the races in 8 weeks, wait a minute that includes some time at the pre trainers now I guess? 

Where did I say you were a trainer?

I have never claimed myself to be clever.

I have never implied a horse can be pulled from the paddock and prepared to go to the races in 8 weeks. 

And you didn't say I was a trainer, but you asked me to provide a training plan for doing something I have never said can be done. 

Hmmm, I hope you are better at training than you are at reading.

1 minute ago, Huey said:

Get squirming with lightwork or using the walker or pre-trainer, think of something else c'mon Mardigras.

Tell me again about no flat races in the UK in winter again, how did that go?

BTW are you the one who claimed on here a while ago weight didn't matter when assessing horses for the punt? Just for my interest.

I give up. You're a lost cause. I hope you can maintain a little bit more control when you're dealing with your clients.

This from someone who couldn't even work out the difference between National Hunt and 'Flat' racing. You should have given up without bringing that pearler up again.

As for weight, I certainly ignore weight when assessing horses for the punt in NZ and Australia. But certainly weight has an impact, no doubt about it. You of course, can do what you like.

31 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with using a race as a training ground. Which is the integrity issue I am talking about. 

I don't see any issue with a horse being set up for a punt so long as 

a) they don't use the race for the purposes of training a horse and

b) the horse runs on its merits.

Certainly can't see any lack of integrity in that.

And you bet on Australian racing.....When entering Australia I was asked if I had any criminal convictions. I replied that I didn't know it was still a requirement. 9_9 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mardigras said:

Nope, I'm not a breeder or a trainer. But if you are a trainer and you can't train a horse for 2000m first up, just tell us. I hope you tell your prospective clients as well.

I  tend to comment on things I know about. And leave the rest to whoever.

???

3 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

And you bet on Australian racing.....When entering Australia I was asked if I had any criminal convictions. I replied that I didn't know it was still a requirement. 9_9 

There are crooks everywhere - including here.

But I have far greater faith in their ability to evaluate a horse running on its merits than they can here. 

But I prefer UK racing. 

44 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I give up. You're a lost cause. I hope you can maintain a little bit more control when you're dealing with your clients.

This from someone who couldn't even work out the difference between National Hunt and 'Flat' racing. You should have given up without bringing that pearler up again.

As for weight, I certainly ignore weight when assessing horses for the punt in NZ and Australia. But certainly weight has an impact, no doubt about it. You of course, can do what you like.

Haha you got caught out! A flat race is a flat race NH horses in it or G1 horses over the flat.

Thanks for letting me know about the weight I thought that was you, explains a lot.

You are still welcome to message me your 8 week training regime I'm very interested.

58 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I have never claimed myself to be clever.

I have never implied a horse can be pulled from the paddock and prepared to go to the races in 8 weeks. 

And you didn't say I was a trainer, but you asked me to provide a training plan for doing something I have never said can be done. 

Hmmm, I hope you are better at training than you are at reading.

Stop squirming out of it, you claimed a horse can have an 8 week prep and go into a 2000m+ race , like all the knowitalls in racing you don't bother with all facets of your statement.

Once again please send me your training plan or whatever you want to call it.

2 minutes ago, Huey said:

Stop squirming out of it, you claimed a horse can have an 8 week prep and go into a 2000m+ race , like all the knowitalls in racing you don't bother with all facets of your statement.

Once again please send me your training plan or whatever you want to call it.

You are definitely not too sharp. Repeating something I've never said - and you are proving that I've never said it - since you can't quote me.

Thanks, that exactly what I was aiming for with you. Wanting you to keep highlighting your stupidity. Keep it up. Show us your next piece.

Do you know the difference now between National Hunt and flat racing in the UK. Good one, took you a while.

Next you'll be wanting to share your ideas on punting. Can't wait. 

4 minutes ago, mardigras said:

You are definitely not too sharp. Repeating something I've never said - and you are proving that I've never said it - since you can't quote me.

Thanks, that exactly what I was aiming for with you. Wanting you to keep highlighting your stupidity. Keep it up. Show us your next piece.

Do you know the difference now between National Hunt and flat racing in the UK. Good one, took you a while.

Next you'll be wanting to share your ideas on punting. Can't wait. 

Lets not give you another hiding over the flat races saga. I give you enough credit being on a racing forum to understand what a flat race is.

I've reposted what you said but youre attempting to squirm out of it, not bothered doing it again. 

Just send me that 8 week training plan, with none of your light work etc excuses.

I think you could get a horse who is already educated to go 2000 first up in about 4 months, probably could get it up quicker in say 3 months and it'll probably go well but you won't get many runs out of it in the prep IMO.  Depends on the horse and what sort of facilities you have for fast work etc but I recon that is about a rough guide. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Huey said:

Lets not give you another hiding over the flat races saga. I give you enough credit being on a racing forum to understand what a flat race is.

I've reposted what you said but youre attempting to squirm out of it, not bothered doing it again. 

Just send me that 8 week training plan, with none of your light work etc excuses.

Do you often spend your time on these sites writing that people stated something they didn't? Very sad.

Not a good look - let's hope your clients don't know your identity. 

You should be embarrassed with such behaviour. You couldn't give anyone a hiding, except yourself - which you've been doing quite well at, and you're persisting with anything you can to try and dig your way out. You're wasting my time (and everyone else's) all because you have very poor reading skills. Come back after maybe taking a refresher course. 

Good luck with the new season of racing. You're going to need it.

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

Do you often spend your time on these sites writing that people stated something they didn't? Very sad.

Not a good look - let's hope your clients don't know your identity. 

You should be embarrassed with such behaviour. You couldn't give anyone a hiding, except yourself - which you've been doing quite well at, and you're persisting with anything you can to try and dig your way out. You're wasting my time (and everyone else's) all because you have very poor reading skills. Come back after maybe taking a refresher course. 

Good luck with the new season of racing. You're going to need it.

Haha , denial a tactic for fools. 

Found out and you know it, you better let the Brits know those flat races during winter aren't really flat races.

Still waiting patiently for your training plan, you can PM me it I won't show it to anyone but the cat.

All this endless debate is going nowhere...apart from getting two posters' teeth on edge.

The 2000m+ fresh up issue has to be variable and contingent upon the horse's state of fitness/lack of at the time of entering a training programme proper.

As Bid has stated, possibly 4 months for an educated horse, but presumably, said horse has been spelling out at grass.  If, as is wont to be done in the UK, the horse is kept up and walked or trotted daily while resting,  then of course, the situation is very different.  If the horse has been injured, with a very long rest,  then a slow rehab,  then, the time frame varies again.  But the marker as to when that horse enters a regime of cantering/fast work could be considered to be the 'start' of the prep.

I have seven returned to training late last week.  Three were race/trial fit when summarily forced out, another one as fit but not seen out.

Two of the three had race placings in that last week, one over a sprint distance, the other over 2200m.  The third horse was a 1600m trial winner.  I have every confidence that those four will be ready to do themselves justice - given suitable track conditions for one in particular -  but if there is no option for 2000 plus,  then two of those four will be disadvantaged.

Of the other three,  one had been out spelling already, the other two had had a month's work and then out again.  They will, of course, take longer to catch up with their stablemates.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

20 minutes ago, Freda said:

All this endless debate is going nowhere...apart from getting two posters' teeth on edge.

It's been going nowhere Freda because I have an extremely low tolerance for liars - such as the lies being put forward by Huey. It's what you get on the internet/sites like this. Very sad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Wooh ease up there Mardigras.  Lies?

I suppose it's not too much to ask that we get back on topic?

I agree. Not good. You ask a simple question -- easily answered by Bid and Freda - instead, you get a lot of trash from others. 

As for the topic, I'm somewhat surprised they bothered to race this season - and not doing so would have ensured people were able to get their horses ready. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mardigras said:

As for the topic, I'm somewhat surprised they bothered to race this season - and not doing so would have ensured people were able to get their horses ready. 

Yes I tend to agree with that statement.  Because of the harsh Level 4 restrictions over 5 weeks or so and then the dithering before an announcement about a calendar this season was basically shot.  What racing we do see before 1 August 2020 won't actually be a show case of NZ racing.  

Here is my plan for the 20-21 season. Racing in NZ NEEDS an objective. I'm not talking about NZRacing, I'm talking about the owners and trainers. We don't hear from jockeys so I'm leaving them out of the equation. So looking ahead to Spring, to give owners something positive to look forward to, the Spring Carnival at Hastings has to go ahead, at Hastings. Money has to be found to make it worthwhile for owners to keep horses in NZ, at least for the Spring. I think the weather in NZ is going to be shit and there is going to be a long winter with all the usual track issues-at least Hastings seems to be a step ahead with weather in the Spring. Make the carnival a boomer. Put up decent money. Show the industry that racing IS alive in NZ and lets, for a while, leave the negativity out of it. Not talking about $1m races but there needs to be decent money for Group 1 racing-$500,000 at least. I just bet RITA/NZTR could find the money if it was staff related!! Supporting races need to be worth making the trip also. Can't be too hard to figure it out.

AND the Guineas races MUST be held in Christchurch, otherwise South Island racing is consigned to picnic racing. Forever.AND that carnival also needs to have decent stakes. Betcha Ellerslie/Te Rapa could 'find' the money if those 2 carnivals were transferred there! Lets hope it aint so.  If owners don't see stakes for G1 racing being worthwhile, horses will be across the ditch as quick as. Followed by trainers and any decent track riders and jocks.

11 minutes ago, Kopia said:

Here is my plan for the 20-21 season. Racing in NZ NEEDS an objective. I'm not talking about NZRacing, I'm talking about the owners and trainers. We don't hear from jockeys so I'm leaving them out of the equation. So looking ahead to Spring, to give owners something positive to look forward to, the Spring Carnival at Hastings has to go ahead, at Hastings. Money has to be found to make it worthwhile for owners to keep horses in NZ, at least for the Spring. I think the weather in NZ is going to be shit and there is going to be a long winter with all the usual track issues-at least Hastings seems to be a step ahead with weather in the Spring. Make the carnival a boomer. Put up decent money. Show the industry that racing IS alive in NZ and lets, for a while, leave the negativity out of it. Not talking about $1m races but there needs to be decent money for Group 1 racing-$500,000 at least. I just bet RITA/NZTR could find the money if it was staff related!! Supporting races need to be worth making the trip also. Can't be too hard to figure it out.

AND the Guineas races MUST be held in Christchurch, otherwise South Island racing is consigned to picnic racing. Forever.AND that carnival also needs to have decent stakes. Betcha Ellerslie/Te Rapa could 'find' the money if those 2 carnivals were transferred there! Lets hope it aint so.  If owners don't see stakes for G1 racing being worthwhile, horses will be across the ditch as quick as. Followed by trainers and any decent track riders and jocks.

For someone so anti Labour - you seem keen on the idea of racing being the recipient of massive 'social welfare' from the government. 

Or where else do you think the money is going to come from?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

It's been going nowhere Freda because I have an extremely low tolerance for liars - such as the lies being put forward by Huey. It's what you get on the internet/sites like this. Very sad.

Just further evidence of your Kim Un Jong traits.

Huey had got the better of you.  How will he be executed?  9_9

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Or where else do you think the money is going to come from?

NZTR/RITA to call on payment of their loans to clubs?  E.g. RACE Inc.  If they can't pay then acquire THEIR assets as per the Mesara Report.

I'm living in Sydney at present mate. Racing here has been great for the past few months. Positive people, determined to make it succeed.  Racing in nz was stuffed way before the simpering left steered the country into oblivion. However, the old saying 'where there is a will there is a way' comes to mind. Just feckin do it.