Bit Of A Yarn

2 from Rogerson.

Overhyped galloper Aalaalune makes a reappearance on Saturday at Te Rapa.

Ran some nice races in last preparation without living up to trainers opinion.Showed a bit of greeness in a few of her starts and seemed to get to far back.

Will be interesting to see how she travels on Saturday.I would expect a good run.

Also returning Saturday is her full sister De La Terre who also showed promise last preparation.

Bold run should be expected.

On 1/07/2020 at 8:16 PM, mumbles said:

Ran some nice races in last preparation without living up to trainers opinion.Showed a bit of greeness in a few of her starts and seemed to get to far back.

Will be interesting to see how she travels on Saturday.I would expect a good run.

Also returning Saturday is her full sister De La Terre who also showed promise last preparation.

That’s if they weren’t total screwed last preparation which I suspect they were. 
I guess one of us will be closer to the mark than the other. 
I hope that it’s you as I have a vested interested in Reliable Man and the two horses in question could have been a wonderful advertisement for him. Sadly I think that it’s now the opposite. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

That’s if they weren’t total screwed last preparation which I suspect they were. 
I guess one of us will be closer to the mark than the other. 
I hope that it’s you as I have a vested interested in Reliable Man and the two horses in question could have been a wonderful advertisement for him. Sadly I think that it’s now the opposite. 

No expert but imo i think that the Reliable Mans will get better with age.

On 1/07/2020 at 8:16 PM, mumbles said:

They were bold runs by both. 
Great to see. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/07/2020 at 8:43 PM, Pitman said:

Are you blind

Apparently not.....still waiting for that win....

On the tail of the winner at Te Rapa but couldn't quicken when Communique went forward.  

Surely not the Windsor Park Plate next up.....

Edited by Noodlum

my opinions on the (terrible) way Aalalune has been placed are well documented. Too many races too close together at too early an age, given her pedigree and racing style. Should have been given much more time to furnish and set for middle-distance campaigns away from hard ground. But its the owners' prerogative to do what they want cos they pay the bills.

Wont be surprised to see De La Terre do the same as a spring 3yo. Looks a genuine type. would like to see Aalalune race on rain-affected ground at say Te Rapa over 2000m+ ...mebbe Waikato Gold Cup / Counties Cup horse? but needs to get confidence back by winning a couple along the way

Just my opinion looking on from afar.

Edited by Weasel
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

It's nothing more than a "gunna". Good horses win, it doesn't.

I dont think it is comfortable wearing the hood.  Type of horse you send to Dummy Myers to sort out.  I think young McKay would have learnt a few things about how to manage Owners.

Bart Cummings had it sorted - charged more if the owner had an input or sacked the owner.

• 5 months later...
On 5/07/2020 at 1:03 PM, Noodlum said:

I didn't see anything in Aalaalune's run to inspire confidence to back it anytime soon to win.

On 5/07/2020 at 8:43 PM, Pitman said:

Are you blind

On 4/07/2020 at 6:47 PM, Dark Beau said:

They were bold runs by both. 
Great to see. 

8 starts since July.....the predicted win must be soon.  Perhaps when it gets wetter?