Bit Of A Yarn

McGrath Eight Year Ban...

May be I watch too many CSI type programmes on TV.  But if McGrath is such a cheating bastard as the RIU would have us believe (afterall they've led a concerted campaign to rub him out) why didn't they agree to a plea bargain?

"Nigel we'll cut you some slack in time off if you tell us how all these cheats are getting round our testing regime?" "We don't want you to be a snitch but it's obvious our testing systems are shit.  We just want to know how it is done."

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

"Nigel we'll cut you some slack in time off if you tell us how all these cheats are getting round our testing regime?" "We don't want you to be a snitch but it's obvious our testing systems are shit.  We just want to know how it is done."

You should run a competition on what his reply could be!

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You should run a competition on what his reply could be!

"Sure Grim.  You can work in my stable for a month or two.  The hours are long and the pay is shit and the early morning starts are a bummer.  Oh and you have to bring your own morning tea.  But you might know first hand when we have one lined up to win at a decent price."

Edited by Noodlum
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Noodlum said:

May be I watch too many CSI type programmes on TV.  But if McGrath is such a cheating bastard as the RIU would have us believe (afterall they've led a concerted campaign to rub him out) why didn't they agree to a plea bargain?

"Nigel we'll cut you some slack in time off if you tell us how all these cheats are getting round our testing regime?" "We don't want you to be a snitch but it's obvious our testing systems are shit.  We just want to know how it is done."

Part of the reason Mcgrath has so much support is because he would never sell anyone out.  Always thought mcgrath would be the type of bloke you would want fighting alongside you in a war.

I do wonder if the "i will go to the media if you(hrnz) don't back me when i appear in court'' approach has been used before. Certainly not a south island approach,but would be,or maybe has been an effective approach.  

Edited by the galah

7 minutes ago, the galah said:

Part of the reason Mcgrath has so much support is because he would never sell anyone out.  Always thought mcgrath would be the type of bloke you would want fighting alongside you in a war.

I do wonder if the "i will go to the media if you(hrnz) don't back me when i appear in court'' approach has been used before. Certainly not a south island approach,but would be,or maybe has been an effective approach.  

so Nigel gets 8years . one trainer has ten positives swabs five cobalts in one day and is still training today . one trainer court dopping at methven races and gets 4months . goes to show how fuked up Riu ,jaa are