Bit Of A Yarn

Sunday Meeting - Less than average drives???

Brodie

Watched all the races today at Addington today.

I appreciate that the horses are racing for crap money, however there were many drivers that just did not 

appear to be giving it their best efforts.

In several of the races they were just crawling and the parked out horse was happy to just sit there.

Yes most of the horses racing today arent going to amount to much, however if I was laying the training fees, I would not be that happy 

if my driver wasnt giving my horse much of a chance.

Many drivers just sat there until far too late, and it was also coming from senior drivers!

13 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

could you sense johnny cox reading your mind during the last

The last race was one of the races in question!

Shocking run by Luella, went like a goat, bearing in mind Ben thought it was his best drive????

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The last race was one of the races in question!

Shocking run by Luella, went like a goat, bearing in mind Ben thought it was his best drive????

Whatever Luella was whispering in johnny cox's ear  he seemed to take offence too.  It looked like the couple of head butts Luella got from johnny cox put it off her game,so maybe it can be forgiven for that run.I guess we will know next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last race was one of many that was not run true to form.

What is the point of sitting parked out without even having a crack for the lead, when the driver of the horse in front, clearly wants to hand up To anything and trail????

There was even a pacers race of race winners, that cane the last half in excess of a minute, which is ridiculous at Addington on a fast track nowadays!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

The last race was one of many that was not run true to form.

What is the point of sitting parked out without even having a crack for the lead, when the driver of the horse in front, clearly wants to hand up To anything and trail????

Do you think the driver of the horse parked was awake to that? It might have seemed obvious to you,and probably most watching and driving,but quite simply some drivers are more switched on tactically than others,and that's just the way it is. 

I actually backed the horse sitting parked for a place,and wasn't surprised at all. Besides i would rather be on one that is parked than one 4 back the fence . There are also some drivers who when they end up parked always have a go for the lead,even though you know the horse in front will not give it up. I can think of one driver that does that,but the same driver 95% of the time never pulls off the fence if they end up there early. And that person gets a lot of drives and drives a lot of winners. It really just comes down to the punters state of mind at the time as to whether they get annoyed,and how much they have on.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, the galah said:

Do you think the driver of the horse parked was awake to that? It might have seemed obvious to you,and probably most watching and driving,but quite simply some drivers are more switched on tactically than others,and that's just the way it is. 

I actually backed the horse sitting parked for a place,and wasn't surprised at all. Besides i would rather be on one that is parked than one 4 back the fence . There are also some drivers who when they end up parked always have a go for the lead,even though you know the horse in front will not give it up. I can think of one driver that does that,but the same driver 95% of the time never pulls off the fence if they end up there early. And that person gets a lot of drives and drives a lot of winners. It really just comes down to the punters state of mind at the time as to whether they get annoyed,and how much they have on.

Galah, personally think that the lead was always there, and that was shown by how easy it was given up by Ben Hope.

Yes it is easy from the stand , but There was a lot of less than average drives yesterday.

10 hours ago, the galah said:

who was the driver you are thinking of??

22 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Galah, personally think that the lead was always there, and that was shown by how easy it was given up by Ben Hope.

Yes it is easy from the stand , but There was a lot of less than average drives yesterday.

I agree,i think the lead was clearly there,but i was saying the driver of mordecai simply hadn't cottoned on to that. Ben Hope has become rather one dimensional when it comes to nearly always handing up the lead,and as a result often finds himself being taken on for the lead by horses that  he probably doesn't want to trail.He sometimes goes too slow when in front as well.Having said that I'm sure he knows the form. I also think he is a very  good driver of trotters. At least his results indicate that,which suggests the criticism he gets for being a bit active in the cart,is more about looks than results,as his results are pretty good.

16 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

who was the driver you are thinking of??

S Tomlinson is the driver who i was referring to. I know she is one of your favorites,and there is no denying horses run for her,its just i think tactically she gets it wrong a bit. Ellie Barron is another driver i think not too good tactically ,its against my religion to back her,yet she too can get a horse to run.

I think the likes of M Hurrell,j morrison,ben hope are my favorite junior drivers. I think the likes of s thornley is an up and comer if he gets the oppurtunites.  Everyone has their favorites,thats just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I agree,i think the lead was clearly there,but i was saying the driver of mordecai simply hadn't cottoned on to that. Ben Hope has become rather one dimensional when it comes to nearly always handing up the lead,and as a result often finds himself being taken on for the lead by horses that  he probably doesn't want to trail.He sometimes goes too slow when in front as well.Having said that I'm sure he knows the form. I also think he is a very  good driver of trotters. At least his results indicate that,which suggests the criticism he gets for being a bit active in the cart,is more about looks than results,as his results are pretty good.

S Tomlinson is the driver who i was referring to. I know she is one of your favorites,and there is no denying horses run for her,its just i think tactically she gets it wrong a bit. Ellie Barron is another driver i think not too good tactically ,its against my religion to back her,yet she too can get a horse to run.

I think the likes of M Hurrell,j morrison,ben hope are my favorite junior drivers. I think the likes of s thornley is an up and comer if he gets the oppurtunites.  Everyone has their favorites,thats just my opinion.

It was actually Kerryn!

Mordecai is a plugger, but does go some very good races and was a cert beaten yesterday, for a place!

She made a poor decision not to press on and get the front, but you get that!

Her drive was just one of many poor drives yesterday, however nothing is ever said to them by the Stipes!

They are far too busy with other things arent they?

Is great though, to have the Sunday racing at Addington though!

Edited by Brodie

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Watched all the races today at Addington today.

I appreciate that the horses are racing for crap money, however there were many drivers that just did not 

appear to be giving it their best efforts.

In several of the races they were just crawling and the parked out horse was happy to just sit there.

Yes most of the horses racing today arent going to amount to much, however if I was laying the training fees, I would not be that happy 

if my driver wasnt giving my horse much of a chance.

Many drivers just sat there until far too late, and it was also coming from senior drivers!

Average drives,average fields ,average race meeting,one wonders if this overkill of sunday meetings at addington are going to produce a lot of interest,the novelty of racing again may be starting to wane and normal transmission has resumed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

It was actually Kerryn!

Mordecai is a plugger, but does go some very good races and was a cert beaten yesterday, for a place!

She made a poor decision not to press on and get the front, but you get that!

Her drive was just one of many poor drives yesterday, however nothing is ever said to them by the Stipes!

They are far too busy with other things arent they?

Is great though, to have the Sunday racing at Addington though!

I know it was kerryn that drove mordecai. I assumed hunter was asking about the other part of my first post where he asked me who i was referring to.,which was her sister.

47 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Average drives,average fields ,average race meeting,one wonders if this overkill of sunday meetings at addington are going to produce a lot of interest,the novelty of racing again may be starting to wane and normal transmission has resumed.

I prefer these sunday meetings over the fridays to bet on and to watch..It was only a couple of sundays ago that the race with horses north of somewhere,and south of somewhere had a win pool much higher than all other recent races. From what i read of the article that b lichter wrote about turnovers for the first few meetings,there did not seem much difference in a friday and sunday turnover per race.  I really don't think it bothers punters/enthusiasts much whether it is high class racing,or lower class. Some punters/enthusiasts  like one and just as many like the other. The novelty waning aspect of racing is just as applicable to any other sport that has returned.

Edited by the galah

4 hours ago, the galah said:

funny the driver you are bagging is the only drive on your list that has won a group1 race 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the galah said:

I know it was kerryn that drove mordecai. I assumed hunter was asking about the other part of my first post where he asked me who i was referring to.,which was her sister.

I prefer these sunday meetings over the fridays to bet on and to watch..It was only a couple of sundays ago that the race with horses north of somewhere,and south of somewhere had a win pool much higher than all other recent races. From what i read of the article that b lichter wrote about turnovers for the first few meetings,there did not seem much difference in a friday and sunday turnover per race.  I really don't think it bothers punters/enthusiasts much whether it is high class racing,or lower class. Some punters/enthusiasts  like one and just as many like the other. The novelty waning aspect of racing is just as applicable to any other sport that has returned.

Totally agree Galah that Sunday meetings are far better punting proposition days over the Friday nights!

The tote pools are rather small at the moment, is the NZ TAB prepared to publish the amount of fixed odds wagering on each race?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Totally agree Galah that Sunday meetings are far better punting proposition days over the Friday nights!

The tote pools are rather small at the moment, is the NZ TAB prepared to publish the amount of fixed odds wagering on each race?

question is brodster should galah be aloud to bet when your apart of the race day response team???

2 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

funny the driver you are bagging is the only drive on your list that has won a group1 race 

Too right HP. Miss S. Tomlinson and Miss S. O'Reilly are the best junior drivers in the country presently. As good as they are if they are driving a slow or weak horse there is not much they can do.

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Too right HP. Miss S. Tomlinson and Miss S. O'Reilly are the best junior drivers in the country presently. As good as they are if they are driving a slow or weak horse there is not much they can do.

got too agree both ladies have very bright future in racing good on them in a male dominated sport 

3 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

Like i said hunter,i know your a fan  of hers.

You say i'm bagging her. Can't i state my view on the way someone drives without someone taking offence?  Manipulating someones views on something into portraying those views as being a personal attack is often the way its played by those taking offence,or those in the media.

Focus on what i said,not what you make out i said..  If saying tactically a couple of drivers get it wrong a bit  is enough to take offence,then those people are going to be upset a lot.

18 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

question is brodster should galah be aloud to bet when your apart of the race day response team???

Like i said hunter,you've got the wrong person. I tell you that again so you don't go undermining the wrong person. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Where are the turnover figures gone to?

i hear Riccarton first week was $2.5 mill v’s Addington Friday early on was $1.2 mill.

Big difference - why the secrecy - RITA should publish every meeting and weekend total and then junior rugby team can again sell raffles based on total .

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Where are the turnover figures gone to?

i hear Riccarton first week was $2.5 mill v’s Addington Friday early on was $1.2 mill.

Big difference - why the secrecy - RITA should publish every meeting and weekend total and then junior rugby team can again sell raffles based on total .

Yes the figures should be published every week, to show how racing is going.

Supposedly the same distribution From this season is going to be made available for next season.

It is going to be very interesting how this can actually be, as turnover on racing appears to be declining on the tote, so lets see what the fixed odds turnover is!!

What I do know is that the AML act BS with the $1k limit without identification is costing them big time!

15 hours ago, the galah said:

Like i said hunter,i know your a fan  of hers.

You say i'm bagging her. Can't i state my view on the way someone drives without someone taking offence?  Manipulating someones views on something into portraying those views as being a personal attack is often the way its played by those taking offence,or those in the media.

Focus on what i said,not what you make out i said..  If saying tactically a couple of drivers get it wrong a bit  is enough to take offence,then those people are going to be upset a lot.

Like i said hunter,you've got the wrong person. I tell you that again so you don't go undermining the wrong person. 

`Humpty Punty`  like` whippy` sometimes doesn't play well with the other kids,  he likes poking small creatures and Internet Forum posters to see If they bite or say OUCH!  ....BUT NEVER!!!!  underestimate Huntys  B.O.A.Y investigative journalist powers. You have to admire his dedication to transparency.

Sure he has incorrectly identified 99% of internet posters on here!  but when he gets it right They cant deny it!  Some confirmed reveals are BRODIE (Wayne Higgs),  COUNTER PUNCH (matt markham),    JJFLASH (greg oconnor),   MICHEAL HOUSE (micheal house) ,   RANGATIRA (Barry and Katrina Purdon ),,   EVERYBODY ELSE ( Mark Purdon or allies of Mark Purdon and Paul Howley.)

We needed his Investigative/ Psychic Medium powers with the David Bain/ Scott Watson Cases, Bain guilty as fuck! Scott Watson ,Innocent! What do you think Hunty?

Your posts are on the money Galah,   Huntys spidey senses are tingling! ( hes close isnt he!) . If you havent figured it out, HUNTER THE PUNTER (Kelvin Cruikshank),  

Licensed Internet Harness Racing Forum Investigator  0900 900 99

Racing Troll Reveal Service : $999.99 TAB VOUCHER per reveal ,

A little birdy (Ranga)told me, That for a couple of PAMS mince and cheese pies and a crate of Homebrew piss he sings like one!

• Haha 3