Bit Of A Yarn

More Bad Publicity for Harness Racing

OLDWHITEMAN

28 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

And what was her motivation?

Another exaggerated shyte article from The Press.

How so?  Apart from the claim about 'several' Blue Magic suicides, it seemed like a pretty reasonable synthesis of facts and a cross-section of opinion. If anything was exaggerated, it was McGrath's abilities.

Shooting the messenger doesn't make the message go away.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

While the article is sad,your questioning Smolenski's motivation is just as sad.  No doubt your no fan of house as well.  You,and others with similar views need to come to grips with reality. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the galah said:

While the article is sad,your questioning Smolenski's motivation is just as sad.  No doubt your no fan of house as well.  You,and others with similar views need to come to grips with reality. 

was very interesting the photo of Jill Smolenski was meant to be jacks daughter . reporter fucked up again telling the public false information jacks daughter was not that butt ugly

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, the galah said:

Well I think you need to put your bias aside which is motivated by your unfathomable belief that the industry is riddled with cheats.  Take your Murphy Blinds off and look at the facts.

McGrath - wasn't convicted of race fixing.

McGrath - the RIU had zero evidence of him tubing a horse with a performance enhancing substance on race day.  

As for House - there is an old saying about those who point the finger are deflecting the attention away from themselves.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

54 minutes ago, Basil said:

Shooting the messenger doesn't make the message go away.

What's the message?  The article has very little substance to it especially to support the attention gathering headline of "From Champ to Cheat."

Van Beyen would be better to redirect his investigative journalism skills (he has a reputation for sensationalism though) to telling the story of what an absolute farce and waste of money and Police resources the INCA investigation has been.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

What's the message?  The article has very little substance to it especially to support the attention gathering headline of "From Champ to Cheat."

Van Beyen would be better to redirect his investigative journalism skills (he has a reputation for sensationalism though) to telling the story of what an absolute farce and waste of money and Police resources the INCA investigation has been.

He doesn't seem to know the difference between a trotter and a pacer as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

Well I think you need to put your bias aside which is motivated by your unfathomable belief that the industry is riddled with cheats.  Take your Murphy Blinds off and look at the facts.

McGrath - wasn't convicted of race fixing.

McGrath - the RIU had zero evidence of him tubing a horse with a performance enhancing substance on race day.  

As for House - there is an old saying about those who point the finger are deflecting the attention away from themselves.

And here i am thinking it was you with the  extreme bias.  

Where have i ever said riddled with cheats. Certainly there are some,but riddled is just your way of undermining my argument.

As for your comment about House.  Clearly House has upset some because  of his vocal support of  the enforcement of the rules which maintain integrity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, the galah said:

And here i am thinking it was you with the  extreme bias.  

Where have i ever said riddled with cheats. Certainly there are some,but riddled is just your way of undermining my argument.

As for your comment about House.  Clearly House has upset some because  of his vocal support of  the enforcement of the rules which maintain integrity.

galah if you were in a public place right now you would be locked up lol

4 hours ago, Noodlum said:

What do you mean "what was her motivation?". Surely people are allowed to express their opinion, in what I thought was a well written and pretty balanced article.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ludwig said:

What do you mean "what was her motivation?". Surely people are allowed to express their opinion, in what I thought was a well written and pretty balanced article.

Why was she asked?  Did Van Beyen do a call round and that's all that would have a negative opinion?

The photo is not the Jill Smolenski as quoted in the article . 
Very poor journalism as completely the wrong photo .
Jill Smolenski horse woman and Jacks daughter, quoted in the Press , at the moment works at Allstars and previously trained on her own and used her fathers colours .

Photo wrong Jill !!!!!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

The photo is not the Jill Smolenski as quoted in the article . 
Very poor journalism as completely the wrong photo .
Jill Smolenski horse woman and Jacks daughter, quoted in the Press , at the moment works at Allstars and previously trained on her own and used her fathers colours .

Photo wrong Jill !!!!!!

yep your on the money I posted about that early today 

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What photo? I can't see a wrong photo!

I feel I am missing something.

They nave taken the photo down Happy.

They had a photo of someone who wasnt Jill Smolenski, the horsewoman.

Why Van Beynon wants to crucify harness racing continuously, is puzzling!

I am wondering if he is a losing punter??

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Noodlum said:

Well, I suppose it depends on whether one is emotionally invested in the matter or not, but I thought it actually had quite a lot of substance. The message is very simple: McGrath has a history of dubious practices, he got caught (repeatedly), is now paying for it personally, and his actions have badly damaged the reputation of harness racing. No amount of ex-post squealing can change any of that.

It would be difficult, not to mention illegal, for "Van Beyen" (sic) to currently write an article of the kind you describe given that parts of the matter are still before the courts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Basil said:

Well, I suppose it depends on whether one is emotionally invested in the matter or not, but I thought it actually had quite a lot of substance. The message is very simple: McGrath has a history of dubious practices, he got caught (repeatedly), is now paying for it personally, and his actions have badly damaged the reputation of harness racing. No amount of ex-post squealing can change any of that.

It would be difficult, not to mention illegal, for "Van Beyen" (sic) to currently write an article of the kind you describe given that parts of the matter are still before the courts.

had no substance bazza

31 minutes ago, Basil said:

There is enough INCA information in the public arena to legally write the expose.  Without reference to matters that are still apparently before the courts.  With that - anyone got a scorecard of what's left?

42 minutes ago, Basil said:

There seems to be a habit of shooting the messenger when you don't like the message being presented. As someone who had the "pleasure" to mark hundreds of university history essays, I thought the article was well written, and tried to balance out different sides.