NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Jewels

globederby12

These threads usually appear after the jewels. I think it has been brilliant for nz Harness, especially something to look forward to in winter, when harness is usually low key. 

People always want to change things, nz cup to mobile, no mile racing at Addington etc? Let’s just get on with it, so what some never had good chance with draw yesterday, as some did. Draw dictates most of the time in some aus tracks. 

Owners get excited months out, trying to earn enough money to get into jewels, adds to the whole day 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

My spies on course tell me an owner of Majestic Man is sweating up badly in the birdcage...Good luck Globe....hope you win.

Phil has told us that the leg that was kicked swelled up like a balloon and they treated it with antibiotics.. No wonder he compounded. He is a talented young Trotter who chased Winterfell home twice so after a break he will be set for the cup meet.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Phil has told us that the leg that was kicked swelled up like a balloon and they treated it with antibiotics.. No wonder he compounded. He is a talented young Trotter who chased Winterfell home twice so after a break he will be set for the cup meet.

Yes globe, he will mature into a lovely trotter, certainly has bags of talent. Good luck with him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Happy / Brodie again? You sure your not same person? 

No, we ain't. We don't agree all the time at all. 

I remember stuff like the All-Stars bashing he got from the other lot because they were nasty. That is why we are on this site. I have a long memory. I even recall us not agreeing.  To be honest I thought you were one of them...FTM

BTW, Brodie is much more of a conspiracy theorist than I am. I don't offer any of that. I am also only wrong 1% of the time whereas Brodie is always on the money! Ha!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CosmicBlacki said:

Mark Purdon benefit day.

No team driving yesterday, mind you when they do, mainly they have best horses in race, others can’t keep up. 

Compare that to other stables, some drivers are hellbent on the lead, only to see a family member go whoosh by and get up. 

7 hours ago, Newmarket said:

That’s my point, you had maidens yesterday running for more than that. 

Brodie is ridiculous with his thoughts, purdons have a select group of owners, most been with the stable for many years, in fact some where even owners with Roy.  Just because they purchase more horses, and spend more than others, why is that a problem?  Why, well because they deliver the results!! 

Ive had mates, who couldn’t even get a horse into the stable!! 

Newmarket, not ridiculous at all, the truth!

As I have said before if you are not in the stable ownership group, it is almost impossible to get a horse in the stable!

So the theory of if you can’t best them, join them is rubbish!

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Newmarket, not ridiculous at all, the truth!

As I have said before if you are not in the stable ownership group, it is almost impossible to get a horse in the stable!

So the theory of if you can’t best them, join them is rubbish!

As they are good stable, they can be picky. Mates horse wasn’t that flash, so I can understand why they didn’t take it

Ok. I have to come clean!

My alter ego is Newmarket!

The beauty of forums is that we can express opinions and not everyone will agree with them.

I think that this nil government we have in power at the moment haven’t got a damn clue, but there are others that think that they have, even though they haven’t shown it!

If everyone agreed with each other it would be pretty boring and there would be no forum!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

The rest of the training mob need to lift their game.  It is a bit like Chris Waller in Sydney - he is dominating.  But like Purdon it is through good training systems.  Low stakes don't help of course and it limits the options for the next tier down to lift their game.

Chief, with respect we keep hearing from the AllStar fan club that every other trainer in NZ needs to lift their game to compete competitively with the AllStars!

What many of us can not comprehend is what makes this stable many lengths better than everyone else???

Yes,they clearly do things differently to get the results that they do!

Blair Orange who is the leading driver in the country and I would say pretty intelligent worked for AllStars for many years!

Surely Blair would have picked up the training techniques of the AllStars and yet his training results with Ken Barron are good but certainly not spectacular?????

13 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Chief, with respect we keep hearing from the AllStar fan club that every other trainer in NZ needs to lift their game to compete competitively with the AllStars!

What many of us can not comprehend is what makes this stable many lengths better than everyone else???

Blair Orange who is the leading driver in the country and I would say pretty intelligent worked for AllStars for many years!

Surely Blair would have picked up the training techniques of the AllStars and yet his training results with Ken Barron are good but certainly not spectacular?????

You tell me?  I don't know but what I do know is that old Roy Purdon was as good as any trainer in his day.  Blair Orange may not have listened or observed.

Having worked in a trotting stable I couldn't work out why the endless hours of jogging a horse.  That's one point.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

What I find sad, is that some have to  hide behind different nom de plumes to put across their point of view .

Be your own man guys.

Globe,  I didn’t realise that your real name was Globe?

Not sad at all, asked a totally reasonable question didn’t I?

25 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Geez, did Globe Derby really believe I was Newmarket?

Brodie only posts under Brodie!

Brodie  , no I didn't.  I might look stupid but I'm not. Does that sound right?

No offence meant as I wasn't referring to you personally. 

It was a general statement aimed .

I'm sure some will recognise what I mean

. My name's Rees by the way. Which you probably know already

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

No, we ain't. We don't agree all the time at all. 

I remember stuff like the All-Stars bashing he got from the other lot because they were nasty. That is why we are on this site. I have a long memory. I even recall us not agreeing.  To be honest I thought you were one of them...FTM

BTW, Brodie is much more of a conspiracy theorist than I am. I don't offer any of that. I am also only wrong 1% of the time whereas Brodie is always on the money! Ha!

All good mate.  Had to ask

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

blair is good mate of mine new nothing that went on as main training starts when workers gone home

17 hours ago, Brodie said:

Ken and the team hardly have the breeding lines that All Stars have to deal with.

Also like all successful big stables,for every All Star horse that races there probably another 3 that don't make it and are moved on,some to Aussie going by results every week over there.

I have heard that Mark is still talking to owners,looking through upcoming race programmes and checking breeding files until 10 Oclock at night and back up at 4oc every morning.Committment that will get results long term,especially as Mark is well known for the finer points being spot on.

Brodie if you have the right type of horse then you can get into All Stars stable but why would they take average bred maidens when they got 30 group winners in there stable.Try getting a horse into Gai Waterhouse stable.

• Like 1