Bit Of A Yarn

Chief Stipe please go along....

Dark Beau

16 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I think a post should be taken down if a person asks for it to be.

I don't know why it is still up.

I've posted content that, at times,  I wish I had thought through better, or perhaps re-phrased.  Surely, the poster can apologise, or re-post in a less provocative manner?  that should be sufficient to negate any threat of litigation to that poster.

As for the website owner - he is fully prepared for any fallout.

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Surely, the poster can apologise, or re-post in a less provocative manner? 

True, but I think they can ask for it to be removed if they realise they have gone too far.

1 hour ago, Freda said:

that should be sufficient to negate any threat of litigation to that poster.

Nobody wants to be involved in that kind of thing so it should be taken down and not used as a pawn in another battle.

1 hour ago, Freda said:

I've posted content that, at times,  I wish I had thought through better, or perhaps re-phrased.  Surely, the poster can apologise, or re-post in a less provocative manner?  that should be sufficient to negate any threat of litigation to that poster.

As for the website owner - he is fully prepared for any fallout.

I've edited the original post supposedly causing offence by removing the disputed facts.  

14 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

True, but I think they can ask for it to be removed if they realise they have gone too far.

Nobody wants to be involved in that kind of thing so it should be taken down and not used as a pawn in another battle.

Yes you can ask to remove a post but the reality is once it is up online the horse has bolted!

SLB 2.0 has been a pawn in someone else's game for a long time.  Unfortunately in his case he has never had the financial resources to defend himself.   He is not even allowed to post to defend himself on the other Channel.

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

That is very true too but the fact that it was seen as inappropriate in hindsight and the person asked it to be taken down should be enough.

The disputed facts causing offence and the threat of litigation have been removed.  In my opinion that should be enough.  If they are worried about their personal reputations then they should clean up their own act first.

Interesting how they are quick to threaten legal action but duck for cover when it suits.