Bit Of A Yarn

Kurow Cup Day

You don't get this kind of entertainment at Addington in the big city.

Oamaru to host Kurow Cup

The Golden Fleece Hotel Kurow Cup will highlight the Kurow Harness Racing Club meeting at the Oamaru racecourse on Sunday August 16. The first race is at 12pm, entry is free and there’ll be free face painting and balloon twisting for the kids.

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Oamaru to host Kurow Cup

The Golden Fleece Hotel Kurow Cup will highlight the Kurow Harness Racing Club meeting at the Oamaru racecourse on Sunday August 16. The first race is at 12pm, entry is free and there’ll be free face painting and balloon twisting for the kids.

A sunday away from addington,gee what's going on here?

You know while I think that the almost addington and invercargill only diet of trot meetings is repetetive it does kind of make sense to use the venues more ,when you look at manawatu and forbury there is a sort of glass half full situation here,while forbury race again this year is 10 meetings underusing a venue or a good amount,this is a hard one to work out aye.

Edited by mikeynz

On 8/4/2020 at 6:14 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Oamaru to host Kurow Cup

It's a big improvement on the non activities that happen at most Oamaru meetings. Most excitement is generated by the chap who gets his dog to carry the programme around in its mouth.....or by counting the number of loose  nails in the grandstand seats.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is Hunty!!!        Brodies place special!!          ` Four Starz shirazz!`!!!                  Its not a Quaddie leg so thank me later gents an Blossy and  Big Booby Bec!  (love your videos!! ,, your no 1 fan!

It was paying $31 an $6.00 plc , dived to $ 5.50 plc and now its $3.20 favoured runner? for a win?

Theres only $189 in place pool, but my ten surely didnt pull FS>SHirazz come down to $3.20 fixed win, those odds I quoted you before are not a joke?????

• Like 2

He was one of the better canterbury transfers to Big (now small like the whale) BArry. Raced excellent in both add an alex park,  stable change to denis is not bad as it seems, and neithers the formline,  Three sleepers on the place (no less than $3.50 plc)  watch the vids hes a goodun! but $3.20 a win FUCK OFF PHIL HOLEINONED!!!!  

• Haha 2

Crowds should be able to be on course as long as they keep their distance,not hard at most racecourses,maybe a sniper could watch th crowd and if some are not keeping the correct distance then they they can shoot on site,I think if people know the rules they should be fine lol😂😄

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

Crowds should be able to be on course as long as they keep their distance,not hard at most racecourses,maybe a sniper could watch th crowd and if some are not keeping the correct distance then they they can shoot on site,I think if people know the rules they should be fine lol😂😄

Crazy that crowds can not be oncourse in the South Island!

FFS, there is not A single case in the South Island for many months and they want us to be SCARED!!!!!!

Creating panic and scaremongering is what they do, so that we can be controlled!

It is blatant BS!

No one has died from Covid19 in NZ, and the last one they counted, tested negative to it!

Stay home, keep safe, blah blah blah!!!!

• Champ Post 1

On 4/08/2020 at 6:14 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

The first race is at 12pm, entry is free and there’ll be free face painting and balloon twisting for the kids.

I'm over these bloody restrictions.

Was looking forward to getting my face painted. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Crazy that crowds can not be oncourse in the South Island!

FFS, there is not A single case in the South Island for many months and they want us to be SCARED!!!!!!

Creating panic and scaremongering is what they do, so that we can be controlled!

It is blatant BS!

No one has died from Covid19 in NZ, and the last one they counted, tested negative to it!

Stay home, keep safe, blah blah blah!!!!

I posted about the silliness of all those flights from auckland flying south and some were not positive towards me,if we do get a positive test in south from these means then I will be proven right but as yet nought,so in the meantime things should carry on as normal as possible,Kurow should have some people  allowed in,rugby in dunedin with that number buying tickets,that is a little different.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I'm over these bloody restrictions.

Was looking forward to getting my face painted. 

Its ok ruzza!  Its going to have near mars protection sunscreen now with our Gingerly friends AND global warming! I can hook u up g? at ` Just Babes` Clyde Street, Invercargill!  WE ARE TOO PASSIVE IN NZ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Be more productive and make more sense in my personal opinion to paint your house or your tin or railing fence  or car etc etc.

My name is Rusty, but my possessions are anything but. The house is constructed of a nice brick (severely devalued if painted), and the fences are either wrought iron and brick to match the house, or completely covered in vegetation so can't be seen. The car is almost brand new so no need to be painted. Anyway, I love the royal blue with silver stars on the Camry. 

Just left the face that needed the spruce up unfortunately. 

Edited by Rusty
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Anyway, lets get back on topic. 

Has anybody got any selections today worth having a dollar on? 

Happy is in fine form so got his pick marked down. 

Where has Dougie gone too? He was always good for a winner! 

R1 Thank You-if you like a risk.If it ever learns to trot all way will win them in a row.Has shown real ability on trial days.High speed horse who stable does rate

R7 Cochy Malc-is way over odds,is the real deal but might just lack ringcraft of some of these ,definitely worth the risk.Could lead and can run sectionals

Both a risk but both over odds I believe

Edited by Richie
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1