Bit Of A Yarn

Finally CEO announcement! Not great news though!!

Brodie

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Unfortunately for harness racing in NZ, he just hasnt got the ability to be constructive!

I will take it that everyone agrees with me, unless someone posts something that says otherwise!!

Ken Spicer, we understand that you appointed Mr Holden to this important position, and word is  that it is only because he was a cobber of yours!!!

If that is the reason Mr Spicer, you should resign your current position as it is totally dishonest, and should not be tolerated by Harness Racing NZ!

Has Mr Holden got a vote of confidence from anyone apart from Mr Spicer?

You only have to listen to the fluff language used, the likes of 'I had a very good meeting with ....'  and 'keep coms open even if we have nothing to say'

Nobody cares about describing a meeting  positively. People want action and outcomes.

I worry for racing. They all seem to operate at the level of the start in Race 9.

• Champ Post 2

Word has it that Greg O’Connor has resigned from the job of promotions at Addington, which was extremely brief!

Can not confirm but I am sure someone can?

The wrong person has  gone i would say, as there are several that harness definitely need to have gone ASAP!

43 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Word has it that Greg O’Connor has resigned from the job of promotions at Addington, which was extremely brief!

Can not confirm but I am sure someone can?

The wrong person has  gone i would say, as there are several that harness definitely need to have gone ASAP!

that be sad to hear . maybe jj flash can fill us in on that answer about greg

51 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I can't imagine that would be right. Makes no sense unless you coach the Warriors.

Heard from a couple of reliable sources that he has gone!!!!

Got off the sinking ship, obviously not a great fan of the ones that need To be gone!!!!

The question for  me is when are they going to start the recruitment process for a new CEO.

I don't believe Phil Holden will be a contender as he has too many other commitments that prevent him from being able to fulfill the job adequately.

I don;'t know what the delay is in starting the process, but at this critical time the HRNZ board need to get things moving.

I know Ken Spicer has come under criticism here but surely it is up to the board as a whole to ensure the process gets underway.   What are they waiting for??

• Like 3

Unfortunately, it doesnt appear that too many are worried about anything.

Racing had a taxpayer bailout and they seem to think that everything is going to be rosey.

Hope the Brodster is wrong for a change, but There is nothing that is being done that is giving enthusiasts any confidence that things are going to improve.