Bit Of A Yarn

Since Trackside Radio stopped.

36 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You can watch/listen to all  races on TAB website,either by phone or PC. Something the vast majority of people own and use on a regular basis

If you cant afford Sky then should you be actually betting as it only costs about 30 a month?

Greg

I would suggest your survey that " the vast majority of people own and use these these on a regular basis " , is flawed . I know of no one who uses these devices , and i would know large numbers of punters . Maybe the survey was taken in the circles you run in . 

Never judge a persons personnel financial position , perhaps their choice is Sky or a punt and listen on the radio . Perhaps they didn't need Sky for anything else and were just happy to listen , i love listening to the races on the radio , my choice , not anymore .

3 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Without the radio interest has waned,I watch a few on tv ,as the interest has waned my actual spending at present is zero,remember we all have to work radio was always on when working,it is now sometimes,just tuned to something else.

Sometimes a break is good though anyway.

And you know the irony is that when you stop doing it and the longer you stop you tend to not miss it,I've given it a pretty good shot over time.

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

i love listening to the races on the radio , my choice , not anymore .

Well just listen/watch it on your phone via the TAB app as Trackside radio is unlikely to reappear. Times have moved on.

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

I would suggest your survey that " the vast majority of people own and use these these on a regular basis " , is flawed . I know of no one who uses these devices , and i would know large numbers of punters . Maybe the survey was taken in the circles you run in . 

Never judge a persons personnel financial position , perhaps their choice is Sky or a punt and listen on the radio . Perhaps they didn't need Sky for anything else and were just happy to listen , i love listening to the races on the radio , my choice , not anymore .

Racing and test cricket are great sports for radio listening.

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

Well just listen to it on your phone via the TAB app as Trackside radio is not likely to reappear. Times have moved on

Greg

That only works when it wants.

When I'm in bet at night I often have zb on the computer.

Edited by mikeynz

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

No, its my opinion and based on years of business experience. You clearly hate the way things are being carried out at RITA and now NZTAB and say so repeatedly . In fact you talk absolute shit  re whats going on and the time frames and would  probably be the laughing stock at your target if they bothered to read your posts.

If you are so great and know so much the CEO job is up for grabs, please apply as im sure you would provide plenty of laughs at interview time  with all your wacky ideas.

Greg

So Greg can you please explain to me why they can act so fast with one set of people but in your opinion can be so deliberate with another .

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Well just listen/watch it on your phone via the TAB app as Trackside radio is unlikely to reappear. Times have moved on.

Greg

Times have moved on , funny i still see newspapers , lots of magazines and they can be read online as well , there are still heaps of music radio stations and they can also be heard by app . No times haven't moved on , they are moving on but all walks off life can be catered for , we do not all live in the rarefied atmosphere that you do .

9 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

No, its my opinion and based on years of business experience. 

Business experience where?

I'm telling you now you are just plain dumb wrong.  Geez I've even seen Government Departments do a restructure in less than 4 weeks!

There is NO employment law that stops you from restructuring your business quickly.

Just now, nomates said:

So Greg can you please explain to me why they can act so fast with one set of people but in your opinion can be so deliberate with another .

In a word no as im not on the inside with this particular process. The previous redundancies were carried out to downsize a bloated operation. As an example, tote staff are effectively not required in this day and age given the antiquated tote terminals they operated  were no longer needed. Contract workers were let go when their contracts fell due. These and other such moves were carried out by senior staff which is what they are paid to do  and hence why they were the last ones to be restructured.

Its my prediction that the top table will be 4 staff when all is said and done

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Business experience where?

I'm telling you now you are just plain dumb wrong.  Geez I've even seen Government Departments do a restructure in less than 4 weeks!

There is NO employment law that stops you from restructuring your business quickly.

Haha , you do post some rubbish and on this topic you have reached dump status and you suggest elsewhere  i have no credibility.

As i said apply for NZTAB CEO position , you seem to think the salary is 700k so its a good lark for someone of your experience.

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

Its my prediction that the top table will be 4 staff when all is said and done

No shit Sherlock!  Doesn't take a "business expert" such as yourself to work out that if NZRB/RITA functions have been distributed to the codes!

So in total when you look across all the organisations involved including the new ones you'll find that the numbers will have increased.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Quote the law and/or an employment lawyer and prove me wrong?

You would never admit your wrong so im not playing your silly games.

Its why i rarely engage with you cos i think your a complete tosser and im pretty sure im not alone oh great knowledgeable one.

BIFN , time to get back to work.

Edited by JJ Flash

17 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

No, its my opinion and based on years of business experience. You clearly hate the way things are being carried out at RITA and now NZTAB and say so repeatedly . In fact you talk absolute shit  re whats going on and the time frames and would  probably be the laughing stock at your target if they bothered to read your posts.

If you are so great and know so much the CEO job is up for grabs, please apply as im sure you would provide plenty of laughs at interview time  with all your wacky ideas.

Greg

Your years of business experience is telling you that they are on track , well it is telling me that you definitely should not be applying for the CEO job , the last thing the industry needs is another know it all suit continuing to drag it slowly thru the shitfest that they have created to a slow meandering death . 

As for whacky ideas , we need racing knowledge and racing passion which the chief has in abundance , so would be well suited to the position , he's forgotten more about racing than you would know , you need to stick to the harness sites , where at least they appear to think you know something .

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Why?  Because you are full of BS.  I've been through a number of restructures both as an employee and Senior Manager.  I also have a good friend who is one of New Zealands top employment lawyers.  I've actually discussed this subject at length with him.

The employment law has been well and truly tested and there is a long established process to follow.

It does NOT need to be a lengthy process.  Indeed too long a process could be seen as unfair as it would be akin to "hanging the sword of Damocles" above someone's head."  Actually my lawyer friend actually said that in an ERA hearing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Its why i rarely engage with you cos i think your a complete tosser and im pretty sure im not alone oh great knowledgeable one.

BIFN , time to get back to work.

Doing the usual runner Greg when it gets too tough .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

I actually don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me personally BUT I do care when I see absolute crap written when I have experience and knowledge to confirm it so.

The only reason any restructure goes as slow as this one is because those doing it are incompetent and/or risk adverse.  That's the last thing the Racing Industry needs.

It needs decisive action and leadership.  We haven't seen that in 18 months with this crowd.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, nomates said:

Doing the usual runner Greg when it gets too tough .

Not at all , just dont waste my time with tossers who are not in full possession of the facts and who have displayed obvious issues with NZTAB boards management. You watch him reply in his usual i know it all they are wrong  manner.

You asked some reasonable questions , i answered them to the best of my ability but if your going like chief who only attacks  then you'll be getting the same response as i have better things to do with my time.  As i posted elsewhere you are a very negative grumpy type pf person on racing  forums. Are you like that in real life?if so i feel very sorry for you

Thats me done on this subject as we each have our own views on it and they are obviously different .

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

40 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Not at all , just dont waste my time with tossers who are not in full possession of the facts and who have displayed obvious issues with NZTAB boards management. You watch him reply in his usual i know it all they are wrong  manner.

You asked some reasonable questions , i answered them to the best of my ability but if your going like chief who only attacks  then you'll be getting the same response as i have better things to do with my time.  As i posted elsewhere you are a very negative grumpy type pf person on racing  forums. Are you like that in real life?if so i feel very sorry for you

Wooh ease up there tiger!

You posted something that was blatantly wrong.  I gave you the opportunity to provide supporting evidence to validate your position and you declined.

So I responded with a link and a document that clearly shows your statements expressed as "facts" were wrong.  Do want me to post more?  Do you want me to post legal precedents that support my view?  I hate throwing out the "who I know" justification BUT not only have I had an interest in Employment Law (you have to if you are employed as a Senior Manager) but a friend of mine was an Employment Court Judge and another is a leading Employment Court Barrister.  The latter has written books on the subject!  

I stand by my assertion that this Board has had 18 months to make substantive changes.  They had 6 months to make changes AND put themselves in a position where they wouldn't have needed to get a benefit gift of $50 million from the Government. 

Now if posting an opinion and supporting them with facts is wrong then only God can help the NZ Racing Industry.  

• Like 2

I read that magic talk will be broadcasting radio cricket coverage over summer,so that's something,I wonder if P William's has something to do with it?

Windies,Pakis,Bangladesh and Aussie are scheduled to be here but only 4 tests,we are back to basically playing moderate opponents,we were shown up in oz last summer.

On 24/08/2020 at 2:56 PM, JJ Flash said:

You can watch/listen to all  races on TAB website,either by phone or PC. Something the vast majority of people own and use on a regular basis

If you cant afford Sky then should you be actually betting as it only costs about 30 a month?

Greg

Your missing the point. Yes, I have sky in 2 rooms, and of course I can watch trackside on sky go, or listen to trackside radio on the app, so all is well at home. 

But i agree with others, it is a bloody hassle if you are on the road a lot. 
Yes, I can listen to trackside radio on app and play thru bluetooth, but when a call comes thru, or lose wifi, or email arrives etc, it stops feed? Usually just when race is getting to the finish post. 
Also seems to stop after listening for a while, so have to have push play again. 

I just never bet now mid week, only when I know I will be home. Cut my betting in half

• Like 1