Bit Of A Yarn

The best Zed: Verry Elleegant

Noodlum

You have to ask how smart buyers are at the yearling sales. This year a full brother to Verry Elleegant also some other open handicappers sold for only $140,000. On TV looked magnificent and bigger than VE. Bob Peters the buyer and going by his success in WA and elsewhere far outsmarts the other so called experts who are quite happy paying $1/2M for nondescript types by stallions  with over blown credentials.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

She's an absolute honey. Been a fan of her's from day 1 and have followed her ever since. Was a tough win and she fought once challenged but showed how tough she is.Noticed a couple of times during the run that she threw her head around,but Mark Zahra managed to get her relaxed after that,and once she got into the 3-4 wide train down the side she travelled nice.Definitely can't wait to see her in the Melbourne Cup,and speaking of that race i thought a nice dress rehearsal from Prince Of Arran who ran on very well from near last for 4th.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can she do it tomorrow?  I don't think so as I just don't think she settles well enough to get 3200m but my heart is with her!  I was just checking the stats and she averages $287, 000 in stakes per race!  I watched her Caulfield Cup win and you can see her eye balling each horse as they straighten up - she looks left - yeah na got him - then right - yeah need to work a bit harder - got him - now where's the post?

Her first appearance on BOAY and her maiden win at Ruakaka 12 August 2018 - 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, Huey said:

Reminds me of Northerly for some reason.

Northerly 9 Group 1 wins, so she is getting close now.

Equalled Makybe Diva today with 7 G1's , and Verry Elleegant was a huge run in the Melbourne Cup too. she was unplaced in that but was a teeriffic effort , as she does everytime.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Not hard to pick which flying filly/mare is plastered all over Chief's living room walls.

I went for Kolding in this , but got left 'out in the cold' alright ,by a verry hot Verry elleegant. She's a superstar.

Yep $7.5m in stakes and won her maiden at Ruakaka.  The first video posted on BOAY.  I remember the usual naysayers commenting - "I wouldn't take much from that win over a bunch of mug maidens at a country track."......