Bit Of A Yarn

Addington Tips 30th

An each way day for me. Odds were up at 9.40 when I first checked.

Off N Gone in race 2 at 4.60 and 1.80 is a sound price, especially the place price if you are that way inclined. She should get a decent run through and not have to do it too tough.

Le Tissier is an ok horse at 4.20 and 1.80 in a weak field. Mighty Reactor is drawn inside of him but it has no gate speed so Robbie Holmes will go to the front and that might just give him the edge. He might have to win leading and not like his previous races wait a touch long to get into the finish!. 

Also need to carry on with Mossdale Mac at 2.90. Short but another weak field with only a few live shots in it.

Not that I will back it but Major Mac, the northerner, opened at 9.50 so we will see if it gets backed in heavily again like it did last week....maybe with a few lazy 20 dollar bets. 

I am off out now the betting is complete. Thanks TAB.

Methven in 2 weeks so less of Addington. The outlook is improving.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What do you think?

image.thumb.png.f9c3eb30ebae80281aae1e2dfe4d3a14.png

Is the money for this horse because it is going to win on ability (plus the McRae factor) or because its multiple owners (4 syndicates +) have had a punt and weight of this money has brought it in?

image.thumb.png.c53ce62ed97b73f9b92c7306343fcc2e.png

One person put a fiver on the nose.

Enough to crunch the odds.

And at the same time, not lengthen anything else out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hopefully i don't jinx them,but here's a couple.

R4-2 Mighty Reactor. Race not run to suit last time out,tho got home ok. Does come into the draw for this which is a big help,and on his good runs off the unruly lately,he does look tough to beat. Currently at 3.5 on the book,which i thought was a little 'short',but still worth a crack.

R6-1 Forgone Conclusion. Been going solid races for a while,and just got nabbed last time out. Drawn the pole for this,which i think will be a big help.Comes against a couple of nice sorts,but i think his book price of 2.9 is way to short.

R8-3 Cardinal Sin. Dead unlucky when pushing them over the line last week. First stand start here,but if he handles that then i think he wins. Currently at 2.1 on the book.

R11-1 Look Sharp. Not happy when sitting parked last time out. Drawn to get the run here and can go close.Currently at 5.5.

• Like 2

R7 Hattie has impressive trial form,

Top stable,top driver,top draw,top price

$3.50 fixed 

R9 Girls let Loose has ability and can do some work.Eachway

$7.50/$2.40 fixed

R11 Minelli Smile was good first up,should take a lot of improvement and way over odds

$31/$6.50

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Geez lads nothing getting me excited with these fields, some average horses paying terribly short place prices, so no multi's today but Roman might be onto something with Arnies Army, can't recall Ricky driving for Purvis before but garbage field, you're getting $8 for the place for a reason, no standing starts in its 4 races, 4 trials or 1 workout...  sometimes you've got to trust a trainer so a small investment on the place is a good risk.

Place bets:

Smudgee $5 draw will either cause a gallop or a gain a soft run

Champagneandwine $4.80 good stand start horse off a 2 week break

Minnelli Smile $7 can run ok, drawn 2 on second row after scratchings hopefully Sam can weave some magic for her mum, toss up between it and Spicy Girl Becqui $4.20.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

R4-2 Mighty Reactor. Race not run to suit last time out,tho got home ok. Does come into the draw for this which is a big help,and on his good runs off the unruly lately,he does look tough to beat. Currently at 3.5 on the book,which i thought was a little 'short',but still worth a crack.

Good stuff Mardy.

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

R11-1 Look Sharp. Not happy when sitting parked last time out. Drawn to get the run here and can go close.Currently at 5.5.

Look Sharp is nothing like the horse she was is she. She used to have a withering sprint but just can't seem to run anymore. It is like she has lost her heart...or her legs. 

I more week of double Addington thank god. I have had enough of it.

Good work from Mardy today, some very strange races and questionable drives today ( yes you Sam in the last) , like others can't wait for Methven, Oamaru and Banks Peninsula all in September.

A 3.15 time run today from a standing start maiden race was absolutely crazy, Arnies Army actually went quite well, struggled to find his gait the first 200m and I'd be happy to back again, races were either run super fast or walk/sprint.

Most of us punters have out own systems or style of betting we like but you must question how on earth some horses are backed into favouritism etc, He's Fast And Furious 1/1 in the betting, zero wins from 24 standing starts and and only 5 placings yet sent out fav over 2000m stand.... did run on nicely from well back but surely not a winning chance in that race.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for putting their picks up today. It always adds some interest to the racing throughout the day.

And a thank you too, from my whanau.

With a few collects today, I managed to buy a 2L bottle of Meadow Fresh Farmgate Silvertop milk, instead of a 2L dairy dale bottle! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Thanks everyone for putting their picks up today. It always adds some interest to the racing throughout the day.

With a few collects today, I managed to buy a 2L bottle of Meadow Fresh Farmgate Silvertop milk, instead of a 2L dairy dale bottle! 

Nice mate,it's the little things in life that matter.👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Would have had a bonanza of a day on multibets if Skippys Delight won or placed in the junior driver race. Locked wheels when going to win. No milk for me.

• Haha 1