Bit Of A Yarn

Methven?

Newmarket

27 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Great news that Methven back next week. 
But looks like we will still be under Covid Level 2, so what will that mean for punters? 
I am dead keen to go, in fact first time since lockdown am i interested in a race meeting!!!!!

Definitely no on-course betting. Owners will be the only allowed spectators, so I assume there'll be basically no facilities open.

Might have to rock up to one of the 'many' outlets the TAB claims are available in Chch. The Sandridge (gulp!) anyone?😄 

9 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Great news that Methven back next week. 
But looks like we will still be under Covid Level 2, so what will that mean for punters? 
I am dead keen to go, in fact first time since lockdown am i interested in a race meeting!!!!!

Great opportunity for the TAB/Methven to run an off course betting competition! 

Same as KPC

19 hours ago, Basil said:

Definitely no on-course betting. Owners will be the only allowed spectators, so I assume there'll be basically no facilities open.

Might have to rock up to one of the 'many' outlets the TAB claims are available in Chch. The Sandridge (gulp!) anyone?😄 

Thanks, thats a bummer. Oh well, least it is still going ahead so can watch on tv

55 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

what was the stand out performance of the day??????

Test The Boundaries, perhaps. 

Former galloping pace maker for Paul Nairn, now with Allan Ford.

I'd need to go back through them all. 

Test The Boundaries, Neyvelli Franco, Kiwi X Factor & Christiano Buccini all will win a race pretty quickly.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Basil said:

It is a shame they can't open the car park area to the public and not let anyone into the admin / stables area. That would keep the public away from the horsemen etc etc.

I just compare it to the skiing that is going on and I struggle to see how people can't go the races. God, they are hardly packed in like sardines.

• Like 2

FFS, there is no bloody COVID19 in the community in the wholeSouth Island and yet the public jsnt allowed kn a race course at Methven!

It is just blatant bs scaremongering from a totally incompetent control freak!

We have 800 deaths every week in NZ without Covid19 and yet this nas never been mentioned by Ardern or Bloomfield!

Sheep are wandering around with surgical masks over their faces because they are scared!

Every year people in the future are going to be walking around with masks because there is aLways going to be influenza.

She has continued to control you so that it takes away the fact that the government has failed with Everything they campaigned on!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

FFS, there is no bloody COVID19 in the community in the wholeSouth Island and yet the public jsnt allowed kn a race course at Methven!

It is just blatant bs scaremongering from a totally incompetent control freak!

We have 800 deaths every week in NZ without Covid19 and yet this nas never been mentioned by Ardern or Bloomfield!

Sheep are wandering around with surgical masks over their faces because they are scared!

Every year people in the future are going to be walking around with masks because there is aLways going to be influenza.

She has continued to control you so that it takes away the fact that the government has failed with Everything they campaigned on!

rip to auckland fella in his 50's

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

112 went round today. A few to look out for. In even better news, Trackside were there and filmed all heats. So, apart from having to listen to me attempt to commentate, you'll get all the bully at the same time as the bookies.

And...

What is the height of the grass on the track?

A) Mackenzie High Country Tussock 

B)US Open Golf Rough

C) Just Right

D) Billiard Table

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

And...

What is the height of the grass on the track?

A) Mackenzie High Country Tussock 

B)US Open Golf Rough

C) Just Right

D) Billiard Table

A little on the rougher side today probably. But has only had a handful of horses on it for six months. They were running quarters in better than 29 with markers out. Plenty of work was happening afterwards (rolling etc) should be a really good surface next week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rangatira said:

rip to auckland fella in his 50's

And 80’s Ranga!,

FFS there are over 100 die of other things in Nz every day and we dont close the country!!!!

During level 4 lockdown they reckon over 200 females with breast cancer werent diagnosed due to there not being testing for that!

Instead there is this ramming cotton buds up peoples snouts that were not even crook!!!

We have approx. 1000 people in NZ die from influenza most years but no lets control these sheep!

We have got far more people with depression and mental Illness now than ever due to financial and other issues!

Thats right we have to be KIND!!!
Reality is that this influenza they call Covid 19 is not going to be eradicated just like the common flu, but it is ok to stuff people so that they need to rely on the government!

There is a word for it, and it starts with C!!!

41 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

caring

So Ardern is caring by enforcing everyone to stay at home so that people in dimentia rest homes are kept safe?

If people feel vulnerable then damn well stay at home.

Meanwhile businesses are going to go broke, relationships are going to break up and people are going to top themselves!!

Thats right we nave to continue to believe that NZ has this killer virus that most people that have tested positive to it, never even know they have it and have no symptoms!!
Gee sounds horrific!

What is staggering is just how many people in NZ have been suckered into believing  that we need to stuff the country financially to eradicate it!!
Reality is that we will always have virus that will kill vulnerable people, are we just going to stay indoors every time?

You will realise in time that the governments handing of Covid19 has been very poor over the past few months!!!

15 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So Ardern is caring by enforcing everyone to stay at home so that people in dimentia rest homes are kept safe?

If people feel vulnerable then damn well stay at home.

Meanwhile businesses are going to go broke, relationships are going to break up and people are going to top themselves!!

Thats right we nave to continue to believe that NZ has this killer virus that most people that have tested positive to it, never even know they have it and have no symptoms!!
Gee sounds horrific!

What is staggering is just how many people in NZ have been suckered into believing  that we need to stuff the country financially to eradicate it!!
Reality is that we will always have virus that will kill vulnerable people, are we just going to stay indoors every time?

You will realise in time that the governments handing of Covid19 has been very poor over the past few months!!!

Brodster what do you suggest we do?  carry on as normal?  the world, yes the whole world is a different place now with this epidemic.  Give yourself an uppercut, better yet get a bout of covid and find out how good you go champ

1 hour ago, boobybec said:

Brodster what do you suggest we do?  carry on as normal?  the world, yes the whole world is a different place now with this epidemic.  Give yourself an uppercut, better yet get a bout of covid and find out how good you go champ

Boobs, even if you get Covid19, it is not going to kill you, unless you are in very poor condition in the first place!

Not a single death to anyone in NZ that didnt have poor health already!

Clvid19 virus will never be eradicated in NZ, but what I do know is that people are killing themselves due to the consequences of the governments actions!

We can not continue to act with scant regard to healthy people to protect people in rest homes and people already with illness!

Just now, Brodie said:

Boobs, even if you get Covid19, it is not going to kill you, unless you are in very poor condition in the first place!

Not a single death to anyone in NZ that didnt have poor health already!

Clvid19 virus will never be eradicated in NZ, but what I do know is that people are killing themselves due to the consequences of the governments actions!

We can not continue to act with scant regard to healthy people to protect people in rest homes and people already with illness!

Yep i like the idea of being reckless and say bugger it, lets infect everyone and the weak die and the the strong survive.  Awesome way to wipe out a heap of moaning boomers!!  Lets do it.  Vote Judith Collins ya reckon