Bit Of A Yarn

Please respond to Stewards requests at all times.

Rangatira

20 hours ago, the galah said:

So you think the stipes should hold off writing up their reports until a couple of days later in cases where trainers or drivers don't attend as requested on the night?

You say no steward was directed to catch up with mr purdon at the qualifying trials the next day. From that can we therefore assume Mr purdon did not approach the stipe on duty that day?

Can we also assume that you think it ok information may be relayed 3rd hand to a stipe,via another stipe,when that would not have been necessary had mr purdon attended as requested.

Have you ever thought to reflect how this would have been perceived by a lesser known licence holder if they were aware no action was taken against mr purdon, If that were the case they would no doubt have thought the the double standards the stipes displayed a few years back were still in play.

This really is not a big deal but you seem to be making excuses for another high profile trainer,yet again.

You seem to assume a lot of things.

The rules of Racing seems to be interpreted differently in the North compared to the South. You only have to check the South Island Reports to see that Stewards will follow up with Trainers over the coming downs re performances etc. 

Personally i thought it was harsh, you can assume what you want, but next time put your name to it. 

3 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

The rules of Racing seems to be interpreted differently in the North compared to the South.

North V South is hardly the islands themselves.

It is 2 tracks  v about 4 at the moment. 

So they can't even be consistent in this area? What hope is there.

4 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

but next time put your name to it. 

Really? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

You seem to assume a lot of things.

The rules of Racing seems to be interpreted differently in the North compared to the South. You only have to check the South Island Reports to see that Stewards will follow up with Trainers over the coming downs re performances etc. 

Personally i thought it was harsh, you can assume what you want, but next time put your name to it. 

Who doesn't assume a lot of things.

I understand you thought the purdon penalty was harsh, fair enough,but you need to give specifics of other cases with no consequences, where licenceholders have ignored a stipes direction to attend. Only then can we compare like with like.

In the past i have highlighted many inconsistencies, where stipes based what action they took on whether the person was  high profile or otherwise. There is nothing more i dislike than seeing one rule for some,and another for someone else. Whether you want to admit it or not, the rules are being applied in a far fairer and consistent way than they were  7 or 8 years ago and prior. So when i see criticism of what i believe is a  more even handed approach,i comment.  

I understand why you criticise the riu on this matter. Your criticism is actually more about how you view the riu's handling of other matters,and the purdon case is just another vessel for expressing that dissatisfaction.

Have you ever thought that the reason i disagree with your criticism of the riu is the same reason for your criticism. Its just we have different history and backgrounds and because of that we differ on what message we deliver and as to who it should be directed at. 

Put my name. You choose too, i do not. I understand those,like yourself who put their name on their posts no doubt believe that is what everyone should do. Of course most don't do they. I see it as neither here nor there.