Bit Of A Yarn

Orari?

4 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Are you ready for BP next week Happy? I'm expecting you to tip us 5 winners on ya fav track.

I can usually find one or two, maybe 3 but never more than that as evidenced by my Methven performance last week.

The winner of a race at Mot is always the one who bounces the driver highest over the crossing...true but little known fact lol 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Perhaps they have realised that the week in week out twice a week Addington racing doesn't return as much as a lower cost meeting from a venue such as Methven, Motukarara or Orari?

I note that there was a bit of joy expressed over the recent turnover figures however they were TURNOVER figures not REVENUE figures less costs.  I imagine the profit from Methven far surpassed that of Addington the previous Friday night.

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Perhaps they have realised that the week in week out twice a week Addington racing doesn't return as much as a lower cost meeting from a venue such as Methven, Motukarara or Orari?

Realized?

But they have figures from previous years to use to guide their decision making.

Are they that dumb?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I note that there was a bit of joy expressed over the recent turnover figures however they were TURNOVER figures not REVENUE figures less costs.  I imgaine the profit from Methven far surpassed that of Addington the previous Friday night.

Haven't the turnovers for grass track meetings always been good no matter where they're run??

I love that Cromwell meeting every January on the grass, for me if the $$$ say so why on earth from October to February it's a no brainer to have a grass meeting every fortnight shared between BP/Orari/Methven/Cromwell/Waikouaiti, yes you'll get the odd wet day.

Good for horses bodies, battling horses can make some $$ and from a punters point of view this is very important the Purdon runners generally stay away, large fields so more competitive racing so surely equates to more $$$ invested on the TAB. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Haven't the turnovers for grass track meetings always been good no matter where they're run??

I love that Cromwell meeting every January on the grass, for me if the $$$ say so why on earth from October to February it's a no brainer to have a grass meeting every fortnight shared between BP/Orari/Methven/Cromwell/Waikouaiti, yes you'll get the odd wet day.

Good for horses bodies, battling horses can make some $$ and from a punters point of view this is very important the Purdon runners generally stay away, large fields so more competitive racing so surely equates to more $$$ invested on the TAB. 

The virus gave the industry the opportunity in broad daylight to slash and burn everything from a purely economic sense. The industry was clearly in a mess as shown by the needed bailout but saying goodbye to everything with no thoughts to any other considerations other than saving money was silly and now that is all unraveling upon themselves and it will continue to do so in the future.

What will be back next? Trackside Radio? On-course windows? Oncourse presenters? Waimate? Wyndham?

Talk about creating resentment within pockets of the industry by their short-sightedness.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 3

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I note that there was a bit of joy expressed over the recent turnover figures however they were TURNOVER figures not REVENUE figures less costs.  I imagine the profit from Methven far surpassed that of Addington the previous Friday night.

You may find with the new funding setup that the returns from the country meetings may well be used to subsidize the bigger clubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeynz said:

You may find with the new funding setup that the returns from the country meetings may well be used to subsidize the bigger clubs.

mikeynz, can't knock your enthusiasm, but you are either well behind or think others are

This isn't something any of us will find, it is old news and hasn't altered for a number of seasons, it's just getting worse

Mikie

2 hours ago, Mikie said:

mikeynz, can't knock your enthusiasm, but you are either well behind or think others are

This isn't something any of us will find, it is old news and hasn't altered for a number of seasons, it's just getting worse

Mikie

Im not a expert on everything,give me a break lol😁

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Someone must know, Why was the date given back to Geraldine?

Or was it taken off another club?

Also interesting that BP is a week before Geraldine and Akaroa( BP) the week after then Methven the following Sunday.

4 Sunday Grass Canterbury meeting's in a row and maybe Rangiora the 5th Sunday with be on the grass also.

Then off to the west Coast

Just now, Dougie said:

Or was it taken off another club?

Methven were to have it.

Does that mean the track at Methven can't cope with so many meetings and needed it transferred? it is the only possible explanation I can see other than speculating wildly.

Does the Waimate TC get their meeting back in March and not have to race at Oamaru? What difference would it make getting the TAB to Oamaru and not Waimate?

Where are the 'comms' now?

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Methven were to have it.

Does that mean the track at Methven can't cope with so many meetings and needed it transferred? it is the only possible explanation I can see other than speculating wildly.

Does the Waimate TC get their meeting back in March and not have to race at Oamaru? What difference would it make getting the TAB to Oamaru and not Waimate?

Where are the 'comms' now?

You know is it compulsory that the tab have to be on course,probably most people in course bet on smartphone,recently weve had meetings with no public and they have survived,be fair to say that if everybody knew that betting was only available online I reckon lots would adapt pretty quick,it would cut cost,just a thought.

27 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I am saying what difference does it make to the TAB if the racing is at Oamaru or Waimate? They are pretty close to each other where ever the TAB is coming from.

But when you think of it why not have smartphone betting only for many of the meetings that only have a few people,you would still want a larger screen to look at oncourse coz squinting into these farty arse things ain't easy over time,more and more people are using devices but instead of filling in a card just bet on the screen,if you ain't got a account with tab just have a cashier on course you deposit funds and just get a code number you can use for the day,when you wanna go home just cashup and your done and dusted,cuts down tabs and clubs cost

13 hours ago, mikeynz said:

You know is it compulsory that the tab have to be on course,probably most people in course bet on smartphone,recently weve had meetings with no public and they have survived,be fair to say that if everybody knew that betting was only available online I reckon lots would adapt pretty quick,it would cut cost,just a thought.

OK Mikeynz, tell me how that would work at Kaikoura Cup day or NZ Cup day with the once a year punters?

Mikie

13 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Just watching greyhounds at Wanganui and there is some fat basterd there walking back with dogs after the race,hes starting to fuck me off,thank God they are finished.

The only club that has a security firm working for them. Seems a waste of time too me.