Bit Of A Yarn

Dunn Stable Today??

Newmarket

5 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Westeros can add to that list of not so Flash . And he gets on there twice as well .

Had a second chance after causing False start and couldn't/ wouldn't trot.

Not sure why John stayed in the one barrier, as there was very little chance of it trotting from there, going on previous history!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Not sure why John stayed in the one barrier, as there was very little chance of it trotting from there, going on previous history!

That's that difference between Dunn and All Stars... one stable can get them ready to perform on the day.... Dunn can't.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davis said:

That's that difference between Dunn and All Stars... one stable can get them ready to perform on the day.... Dunn can't.

Well  that was the one the Dunn camp wanted most. A group 1 with Sundees Son. No All stars in it to win another G1.

Mark drove the Aussie trained trotter well though. At least we got one horse over there lol.....

So , Everyones a winner today.! The All stars fans, The non-Allstars fans getting a G1 win.

Great racing New Zealand !! Well Dunn !! er... Done 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well  that was the one the Dunn camp wanted most. A group 1 with Sundees Son. No All stars in it to win another G1.

Mark drove the Aussie trained trotter well though. At least we got one horse over there lol.....

So , Everyones a winner today.! The All stars fans, The non-Allstars fans getting a G1 win.

Great racing New Zealand !! Well Dunn !! er... Done 

Yes, easy win for Sundee...

I backed the Aussie FFew... got over $10 for place... Mark Purdon well driven...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

so if it had caused a second false it would not have been scratched ?

and money back?  I believe so.

I am starting to be like Brodie going on about restrictions but yesterday in race 1 at Vegas Rosie's Son backed away by miles, reared and did not have a fair start. Self imposed behavioural problems but Pro Surfer at Kaikoura failed to score up in the mobile due to his manners and was late scratched. If Katie Cox had given up at the start would it have been a late scratching? 

But here is my oddity, Westeros gets 500 bucks for going around today and Rosie's Son got $150. If they are scratched do they lose the turn up prize money?

As you can see below Rosie's Son did not have a fair start.

image.thumb.png.a2f33a4754384c303d1df76151d5ffe5.png

• Like 1

Happy, nothing wrong with going on and on about a topic.

If you continue to do it, there is more likelihood that things will change!

HRNZ and NZ TAB etc. need to be continually made aware of the error of their ways!

Stupid whip rule changed

New starter at Addington

Next, all harness restricted punters to have limits raised hopefully by the nee CEO going into bat for harness.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

and money back?  I believe so.

I am starting to be like Brodie going on about restrictions but yesterday in race 1 at Vegas Rosie's Son backed away by miles, reared and did not have a fair start. Self imposed behavioural problems but Pro Surfer at Kaikoura failed to score up in the mobile due to his manners and was late scratched. If Katie Cox had given up at the start would it have been a late scratching? 

But here is my oddity, Westeros gets 500 bucks for going around today and Rosie's Son got $150. If they are scratched do they lose the turn up prize money?

As you can see below Rosie's Son did not have a fair start.

image.thumb.png.a2f33a4754384c303d1df76151d5ffe5.png

Wasn't Lamb the starter at Ashburton? I feel sorry for you mate but with Lamb you take the risk! Hopefully, after today at Addington other clubs will switch from Lamb to Donnelly. Lamb has had his day and we should not see a repeat of the situation you describe in future?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davis said:

Wasn't Lamb the starter at Ashburton? I feel sorry for you mate but with Lamb you take the risk! Hopefully, after today at Addington other clubs will switch from Lamb to Donnelly. Lamb has had his day and we should not see a repeat of the situation you describe in future?

He was but I didn't back Rosie's Son, just noticed it getting stood down pending a trial ( I had a Madame Sass post churning inside me but resisted)

I am more directing my line of questioning towards the stipes. They are the ones who are scratching horses.

I do not feel sorry for Lamb as I think he is incompetent but he is not helped by the stipe rulings.