Bit Of A Yarn

Useless stewards

Forbury

The North island has a massive problem of race fixing with incompetent stewards overseeing it.drivers driving for other horses to win.then there is all the team driving. North island is not competive like the south.what a disgrace and joke this meeting wasn't run on the grass at home course.

1 hour ago, Forbury said:

Mark purdon amazing dream.guilty team driving race fixing.he has to go.,.

Forbury have you driven in races?  Have you ever sat in a stewards meeting? 

Mark has driven thousands of races. His ability is exceptional as proved by his results.

What the hell are you going on about. ? He wins nearly everything, ? Blame the opponents ?? lol

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Forbury have you driven in races?  Have you ever sat in a stewards meeting? 

Mark has driven thousands of races. His ability is exceptional as proved by his results.

What the hell are you going on about. ? He wins nearly everything, ? Blame the opponents ?? lol

Stop talking shit and trolling.he should not of handed up lead and only did so for race fixing team driving purposes.now you will tell me he had clear running in sprint lane and beyond words didn't go in sprint lane.its the biggest race fixing you will ever see.the stewards are spastic retards and that's where there recruited from.

• Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

Guest CrossCodes

Jessica Young’s drive on Coravally Star showed tonight why she is only a very average driver who is lucky she gets drives by the Negus stable or she would be a nobody, the horse is talented but was driven disgracefully by a poor driver by a poor trainer, no wonder the Dean Taylor stable sacked her. The horse will hopefully be purchased by a good stable soon and will be able to show the ability it truely has.

Guest CrossCodes

And again the other subject of this thread Andrew Fitzgerald and Jenabella deserve a mention, one of the worst drives you will see, he needs to stick to running websites and sticking up for his clients, although he clearly can’t put his money where is mouth is as he is a terrible amateur driver (and that’s not saying much!) 

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

And again the other subject of this thread Andrew Fitzgerald and Jenabella deserve a mention, one of the worst drives you will see, he needs to stick to running websites and sticking up for his clients, although he clearly can’t put his money where is mouth is as he is a terrible amateur driver (and that’s not saying much!) 

Clearly you've either got no idea or a personal grudge against me and Jessica.

If you had a clue about horses you'd have seen Jenabella locked on one rein the whole way running out badly.

I'm happy to cop criticism when I mess one up; but at least have an idea of what you're talking about before you get on here under your fake name and have a crack.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

10 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

If you had a clue about horses you'd have seen Jenabella locked on one rein the whole way running out badly.

I'm happy to cop criticism when I mess one up; but at least have an idea of what you're talking about before you get on here under your fake name and have a crack.

Good on you for having a go and some fun out on the track !

Don't worry about the criticism too much about what you are doing. A few of these blokes/sheilas in these threads  think they can outdrive Mark Purdon , lol....the greatest trainer the country has ever seen. Hilarious !

You , my friend ,are on a hiding to nothing , unless you can improve on Marks efforts??  lol

33 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Good on you for having a go and some fun out on the track !

Don't worry about the criticism too much about what you are doing. A few of these blokes/sheilas in these threads  think they can outdrive Mark Purdon , lol....the greatest trainer the country has ever seen. Hilarious !

You , my friend ,are on a hiding to nothing , unless you can improve on Marks efforts??  lol

Never get too worried about criticism, although I'd much rather they put their name and face to the comments rather then hiding behind fake names. Clearly from CrossCode's history of posts on this site he doesn't seem to have much good to say.

Clearly no Mark Purdon, but i'm happy with my 8 driving wins so far and a few training wins - which seems to be 8 more then CrossCodes... or perhaps he's driven a few.......???

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

I don't think they have a grudge against either you or j young. Its simply your not amongst their favorite drivers,probably because they have not had much luck when they have invested on your drives. 

I do agree  with you that if anyone is going to offer an opinion about a drive,they should do so based on what they see off the video,not based on how it impacted their pocket.

Its pretty obvious that Corravally star was pushed onto the fence,despite the efforts of J young to stay off the rail. Its also obvious that Jenabella had some sort of steering issue which was no fault of the driver. I think cross codes should have a look at the video again. I don't know why those details weren't covered in the stipes report. I would have thought in jenabella"s case the stewards should have had a vet examination,or at least looked in its mouth,or given driver comments,so as to keep punters better informed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Thanks for posting Andrew.  I don't know much about you but my family had a bit to do with Jessica's parent's in the 80's through our horses.  I met Paul on several occasions when he started out with Ted Lowe at Hinds and on his visits to Nelson for the race meetings.  Doesn't Paul have the use of Ted's colours?  Anyway if Jessica has inherited the honesty and hard working attitude of her parents then I'd back her over all her critics.  

Easy to drive a horse from your armchair with a beer in the cup holder!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, the galah said:

I don't think they have a grudge against either you or j young. Its simply your not amongst their favorite drivers,probably because they have not had much luck when they have invested on your drives. 

I do agree  with you that if anyone is going to offer an opinion about a drive,they should do so based on what they see off the video,not based on how it impacted their pocket.

Its pretty obvious that Corravally star was pushed onto the fence,despite the efforts of J young to stay off the rail. Its also obvious that Jenabella had some sort of steering issue which was no fault of the driver. I think cross codes should have a look at the video again. I don't know why those details weren't covered in the stipes report. I would have thought in jenabella"s case the stewards should have had a vet examination,or at least looked in its mouth,or given driver comments,so as to keep punters better informed.

I actually asked the Vet myself to come down and take a look at her which she did. There was nothing obvious and she said it's difficult to check them for little things after the race and it's best to let them recover and do it in the coming days.

So Matt is having her fully checked over on Monday. 

She gets regular body massage and checked over so it was a surprise to us that her last two starts at Addington she's done that but been fine at Motukarara last week. Usually on a smaller track they'd want to get in on the bends.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Andrew did good job with black art turned that horse around

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Never get too worried about criticism, although I'd much rather they put their name and face to the comments rather then hiding behind fake names. Clearly from CrossCode's history of posts on this site he doesn't seem to have much good to say.

Clearly no Mark Purdon, but i'm happy with my 8 driving wins so far and a few training wins - which seems to be 8 more then CrossCodes... or perhaps he's driven a few.......???

grandstand driver crossdresser I mean codes

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

I actually asked the Vet myself to come down and take a look at her which she did. There was nothing obvious and she said it's difficult to check them for little things after the race and it's best to let them recover and do it in the coming days.

She gets regular body massage and checked over so it was a surprise to us that her last two starts at Addington she's done that but been fine at Motukarara last week. Usually on a smaller track they'd want to get in on the bends.

Thats a very professional approach from you and Mr Purvis. Thats no doubt why mr purvis and you will get your horses to perform to the best of their abilities,whatever that may be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Well at least with the vet there you won't be using your whip around the hind legs like you did in nelson that time!!

Also it's not a good look jerking the bit through the horses mouth like that. Perhaps if you put your hands up higher you would have more control over the horse. Let's face it you are no Dunn or tetrick so stop trying to imitate their style!!!

15 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Well at least with the vet there you won't be using your whip around the hind legs like you did in nelson that time!!

Also it's not a good look jerking the bit through the horses mouth like that. Perhaps if you put your hands up higher you would have more control over the horse. Let's face it you are no Dunn or tetrick so stop trying to imitate their style!!!

Ease up - that's a bit harsh.  Are you another armchair driver?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Who is a d dunn or tetrick?

I judge a driver on whether the horses run for them and whether they are tactically good. I've seen Mr fitzgerald drive over recent years and think he's actually pretty good. He did make a mistake on jenabella at addington a couple of runs back,but thats a bit unusual for him. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Andrew, can you hep me re rules please, change of tactics etc is it the same as the gallops or is it more ad hoc with the trots.... Today Aveross Majesty been trotting great from the back of the field in all 3 runs for Dennis, in 11 starts never been anywhere near the front during a race yet today steps nicely and Jess takes him to the front, still ran ok but do connections have an obligation to notify stewards of a change of tactics ??? ---- more importantly why change the tactics that had worked great? teaching the horse maybe but the races are not the place for that.

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Andrew, can you hep me re rules please, change of tactics etc is it the same as the gallops or is it more ad hoc with the trots.... Today Aveross Majesty been trotting great from the back of the field in all 3 runs for Dennis, in 11 starts never been anywhere near the front during a race yet today steps nicely and Jess takes him to the front, still ran ok but do connections have an obligation to notify stewards of a change of tactics ??? ---- more importantly why change the tactics that had worked great? teaching the horse maybe but the races are not the place for that.

Tactics all depend on the race. So many things go into it and you can never go in with one set plan as something unexpected always happens.

We don't really have a notification of tactics here in the trots. 

How quickly you set; distance of race; quality of opposition; track conditions; horse condition..how the horse has warmed up; how it feels etc. Plus so many more.

Add to that that during the run it's all split section decisions that drivers have to make and they don't have the view that you do from the tv screens. 

Some think it looks pretty easy; those that do probably should call into a local stable and ask to drive their most unruly horse and see how you go 😅

• Like 4