Bit Of A Yarn

The Racing Board

Arsenic

I happened to go to the Racing Board Meeting held yesterday in Christchurch.

Of course it was chaired by John Allen and it was regarding on what was happening within the three codes of racing on how and were they are heading 

The Throughbred and Harness representatives were there in person but the  “ Greyhounds “  were represented by an empty   “  Chair  “.

It just shows the lack of direction or ignorance towards the job they are employed to do.

I feel very sorry for the licence holders as there chance of having an industry that is going to survive in today’s world is  Nil

To be brutally honest the chances of Greyhounds racing in the future is over going by the lack of authority within your Industry.

The perfect example is this Lisa Cole fiasco, it states in the Greyhound Rules :- no baiting live or dead.

Roughly 12 months gone bye and nothing.

Maybe it’s time all the licence holders look at employing a lawyer to get the Management and Board into the Courts to instruct them to follow the  “ Rule Book “

This is the only chance that I can see of survival.

New Board and Management is crucial looking ahead

• Like 4

Don't make me laugh,  those clowns running Greyhounds cannot lay straight in bed. They are far to busy thinking up secret rules, and feathering their own careers. It is probably only a matter of time whether it is destroyed from within, or from without. Probably a combination of both. They now have so many new rules coming out virtually every week, it has the potential to choke the industry. Who would want to be involved in such an over regulated, stifling, and costly business such as Greyhounds, where they have removed the word fun, and enjoyment, and turned it into fear and loathing just having to front a race meeting. The idiots have stuffed it.

• Like 3

Guest CrossCodes

Yet trainers can get caught with drugged dogs and baiting their dogs, but refuse to wear a tie and have a bit of a moan about it and you are told you can't train your dogs, what do you think is worse Arsenic?

How about committing field manipulation, falsifying documents & coercion all ending in a 1 month disqualification & a $300 fine.

"Giving effect to those matters in the round we think that a discount of one half from our starting point can properly be allowed resulting in disqualification for a period of six weeks, which we think can be rounded off at one month with the addition of a fine."

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-pb-freeman-decision-dated-8-january-2015?searchterm=freeman+pb

Wow, that was really some deterrent to keep it from happening again. 9_9 

Come to think of it, that villain has his trainers license back now.... 

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

Yet trainers can get caught with drugged dogs and baiting their dogs, but refuse to wear a tie and have a bit of a moan about it and you are told you can't train your dogs, what do you think is worse Arsenic?

wasnt there a charge of abusing staff members and refuse a drug test as well though? so the list is quite long and John has not been backwards in coming forward with his opinion of the NZGRA so why would they bend over backwards to give him his license back? whats the saying you made your bed you need to lie in it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Refusing to wear a tie is a choice Aquaman made, and good on him for that something he believes in and stands by.

In regard to your comment regarding drugged dogs and baiting you just can’t compare them

All I will say is a dose of credibility is urgently needed by Board and Management to address those issues ,  unfortunately there’s not an once of that showing at the moment .

Won’t  be holding my breath on that .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arsenic said:

No what did make me laugh is you paying your fine, and then thinking you would get your license back.

Hell would burn over before that happens.

Yes, that was a huge mistake of which I regret. The lieing Greg Kerr assured me that because I was only suspended and not disqualified, all I had to do was pay my fine and any dues owing on my license, and i would be up and running. Then whilst I was serving my suspension of 10 mths he set about changing the rules, of which I had no knowledge when I payed my fine and costs which was $3650. If I had of known that he had covertly changed the rules I would never had payed. But never mind, only money, not an arm or a leg. The slimy Kerr has done me a favour, who the hell would want to race a dog now. I have two lovely pet Greyhounds to come home to, and they keep me busy walking them and coursing real rabbits, of which they get often. Hear that Kerr you weak mort. If I had of got my license back I wouldn't be sunning myself in 35 degree days here in Vietnam with my girlfriend. Every cloud has a silver lining as they.

Robust debate is to be encouraged, but FFS do it without the vile personal abuse.

One of the reasons this site was started was because of the sanctioned extreme personal abuse on Race Cafe, mainly from you know who, which I see still continues

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

17 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

I’m  not too sure who you mean but the only person that springs to is  Bigjays mentor “ Scooby “ .

He’s so efficient at culling people off their website rather like Henry viii off with there head and gone.

Your mate Jay

I don't know Jason, from a bar of soap, not that I know many bars of soap anyway:)

The rules are simple, if you can't debate without dropping down to personally abusing someone, then probably better just to  not debate. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Does anyone else want the last say?  Or does someone want to discuss the NZ Racing Board which is the subject of this thread?

Actually I've been through every post and I can't find many relevant to the Thread Topic.  I'm not even sure what the Thread is about.  ?

thanks stipey it started off  well then  aqua got tarnished a bit by jasons comment the all downhill from there

Do not know what happened, but I made an apology earlier today to Jason, but it appears to have not gone through, so will do it again. The thread is worth saving.

I was out of order with my comments Jason, please except my sincere apologies.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Yes back to the initial question ,  all codes turn up for a meeting except the Greyhounds  . 

From the outside looking in you get given the impression there only in the job to keep their seat warm and collect their wage on a Thursday , why work when you can get by without doing anything.

This also applies to the current Board , $ 46,000 per board member for what .

I guess that would buy many guinea pigs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aquaman said:

Do not know what happened, but I made an apology earlier today to Jason, but it appears to have not gone through, so will do it again. The thread is worth saving.

I was out of order with my comments Jason, please except my sincere apologies.

Good stuff, there is hope, which is more than you can say for the Aus cricket team:)

• Haha 1

Guest CrossCodes
1 hour ago, Arsenic said:

Yes back to the initial question ,  all codes turn up for a meeting except the Greyhounds  . 

From the outside looking in you get given the impression there only in the job to keep their seat warm and collect their wage on a Thursday , why work when you can get by without doing anything.

This also applies to the current Board , $ 46,000 per board member for what .

I guess that would buy many guinea pigs

Agreed. What has the likes of Jean Fahey achieved since getting her cushy gig. Nothing personal, but when people are getting paid money to do something it would be great to actually know what they are doing? In most jobs you have to show what you actually do to warrant getting a pay cheque.

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

Agreed. What has the likes of Jean Fahey achieved since getting her cushy gig. Nothing personal, but when people are getting paid money to do something it would be great to actually know what they are doing? In most jobs you have to show what you actually do to warrant getting a pay cheque.

You cannot blame Jean Fahey for the mess this industry is in. Im sure shes doing a great job. 

Guest CrossCodes
4 minutes ago, BitofaLegend said:

You cannot blame Jean Fahey for the mess this industry is in. Im sure shes doing a great job. 

I didn't say that. And how do we know what she is doing? How do we know what any of them are doing?

1 hour ago, BitofaLegend said:

She is on the board so why shouldn’t her position be up for discussion ,  they are all guilty of just sitting on their hands. 

Everyone of them

The Management and Board have failed everyone involved in Greyhound Racing except for Lisa and Brendon Cole .

What they need to understand is  that the industry is bigger than the Coles , it will survive without them and will flourish once they are delt with by the authorities .

It is hard to fathom why you would want to protect these kind of people ,  the Coles could solely bring Greyhounds to its knees .

It seems Brendon Cole has now threatened to slit Steven McInerney throat .

So what’s next.

You get the feeling someone is going to lose there life in this fiasco .

Thank you Greyhounds New Zealand for the leadership you have shown .

Gutless springs to mind

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 16/06/2018 at 9:26 AM, hesi said:

Robust debate is to be encouraged, but FFS do it without the vile personal abuse.

One of the reasons this site was started was because of the sanctioned extreme personal abuse on Channel X, mainly from you know who, which I see still continues

Does the above still stand true?

He was an administrator at the time he made the statement of intent.

8 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Does the above still stand true?

He was an administrator at the time he made the statement of intent.

Nup - Hesi is long gone because he was a hypocrite when it came to allowing anyone to post what they wished.

You would have been long gone under his type of regime.