Bit Of A Yarn

More INCOMPETENCE in the Sth Island

Thomass

What is it about the mainlanders?  Good down to earth people on average but as well as hating Northerners they have an aversion to following instructions....because they like to think of themselves as freedom lovin', gun totin' marryin' ya sister type Deliverence devotees??  Maybe...

So after the shambles of not one but 2 Starters positioning their stalls in the wrong position last month...after which you'd have thought the HOPELESS RIU would have ordered an audit of all things 'official' down Sowff

We have Saturday's Ascot Park meeting where not one but 2 horses started with incorrect gear...both winners

NOPELE and the winner of the last and the same stable of Jo-Ann Gordon 

..NOPELE in a major form reversal....with VISORs on...

..now fair enough you may say....the checker..if they're a non horseman, may look at Visors and think..."yea sweet az, Blinkers on"

If they 'don't give a f' would be a horseman's excuse...

Ok so that's the officials f up...but what about the trainer J Gordon who didn't think it mattered if she notified the Bureau before slapping on the change either...just did it on both her horses

So this horse's history has last 2 starts VISORs...started at Riccarton before that with Blinkers and get this..a NASAL STRIP...not notified either

...before that 2 starts in VISORs....

ALL missed by the gear checker...who may have been the farrier...who doesn't give a rats about gear anyway...and gets confused if there's slits

Being a Southern gun totin' freedom lovin' keep it in the familyman

4 hours ago, Freda said:

I just had a look at the stipes report..nothing in that as far as I can see.

Now Freda, since when were the RIU fully awake and cognoscenti....and when they are, into correcting Stipes reports?

Their mission statement, courtesy of Godber, is "WE DONT MAKE MISTAKES...and if in a Blue Mooner that occurs...

"WE NEVER ADMIT IT...ok"

My team contacted the Bureau and RIU after the meeting and I'm betting the left Gordon won't be getting fined or the checking wallah for that matter...

This has happened many times and all they do is 'remind' peeps "to try and do your jobs please"

Who usually checks gear, the farrier when plate checking in some places or the parking white coat bloke on the Coast?

3 hours ago, Pitman said:

No visors listed as current gear on NZTR you sure your information is correct T

I watch every race in NZ Pitty...I picked this up delving into the reason for the form reversal....

Gordon requested the Barrier blanket for this race and went through the Bureau....however according to the Bureau she never requested changes to VISORs on both her horses or the Nasal Strip at Riccarton....

When that happens the wallah doing the checking simply looks at the list...so if it hasn't been notified by the trainer obviously missing things like the nasal strip on makes the process easier to fail...as it's not listed

Im picking NZTR won't change their incorrect info until they've been told a Pandemic's hit the World

6 minutes ago, curious said:

Well from the video, it looks like Nopele clearly raced in visors so as you say the notified gear of blinkers is incorrect and Thommo is right isn't he?

Now C, you know I'm NEVER wrong

The Bureau told me they've never had a gear change requested by the trainer from Blinkers...

..so VISORs last 2 starts, Riccarton Blinkers back on with a Strip...2 races before that VISORs...

One could assume Gordon thought there was no requirement to notify Visors...but why didn't she mention a NS was going on either?

She needs a fine...ASAP

11 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Now C, you know I'm NEVER wrong

The Bureau told me they've never had a gear change requested by the trainer from Blinkers...

..so VISORs last 2 starts, Riccarton Blinkers back on with a Strip...2 races before that VISORs...

One could assume Gordon thought there was no requirement to notify Visors...but why didn't she mention a NS was going on either?

She needs a fine...ASAP

Shouldn't the horse have been declared a non-runner or disqualified?

2 minutes ago, curious said:

Shouldn't the horse have been declared a non-runner or disqualified?

In all the races it wore Visors or just the one that it won?  Seems Thomaas only noticed after it won.

As I said the trainer may have notified NZTR but the system has been incorrectly updated.  I guess the new $1m plus computer system will fix it.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Really you think NZTR would brief Thomass?  Are we now led to believe that there were no previous notifications either?  BTW isn't it a "notification" not a "request"?

No. It is seeking permission and has to be approved by  a stipe, so it is a request.

2 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what’s the difference between Blinkers and a Visor?

Is a hood the same as either?

Thanks. 

Visor blinkers have a slit in the side of them to allow more side vision than regular blinkers.  BLINKER VISOR - Hyland Sportswear

A hood I think is a generic term for blinkers,

2 hours ago, curious said:

Visor blinkers have a slit in the side of them to allow more side vision than regular blinkers.  BLINKER VISOR - Hyland Sportswear

A hood I think is a generic term for blinkers,

Yes, and leads to some confusion in conversations when younger people think you mean 'ear covers' ..

Changing tack slightly...I have been watching with some consternation the recent efforts of Quintuple Twins.

Particularly, because at Ashburton she was one of Chris Johnson's mounts and would have attracted much interest on that account alone. 

This is a mare which won five in a row last prep and looked to be going places. 

What a shadow of that she is now.

At the barriers, last Thursday,  she was the center of some attention from barrier staff, they looked to be adjusting or removing something in the region of her hock, but not really clear to see.

In the race, she's keen enough early although has her head on one side, then changes leg, lugs in, seems to scramble and get very unbalanced and then  drops away.

If she had a faulty bandage or boot removed, shouldn't that be in the report?

She looked ( to me ) as if she had belted her hock which caused her to dramatically change her action.

As a runner of interest,  shouldn't that have been investigated?

Nothing said on either account. 

Edited by Freda