Bit Of A Yarn

More INCOMPETENCE in the Sth Island

Thomass

Riverton have 9 races programmed,I think Wingatui with 8 and lots of ballots could have run another,sometimes the public might get a little shortchanged,9races seems a good number,9 for Kurow as wellstrange programing with Taranaki racing twice but only 7 races on day 2,maybe some room to run 3 or 4 trotting races like they are doing at new year further south.

Ok, so this is a classic example of why I keep referring to the Hopeless RIU as HOPELESS

After the gear change FAIL of last week where the 'checker' wasn't checking 

...and a number of trainers remained ignorant of the need to NOTIFY...the latest fined Steph Blair Eddy

The Hopeless RIU allowed the gear notification to go out that said...

Blinkers Off VISORs On...

...on these runners that already had VISORs On last start!

The Hopeless RIU had the chance to tweet out the fact there was no ACTUAL change in gear to these in form horses then...

But to avoid EMBARRASSING themselves... AGAIN....just let it slide 

So it was Double FAIL Jeopardy to the Hopeless RIU and F the punters 

Hopeless is as Hopeless does

• Like 1

What an absolute F in DEBACLE at Timaru yesterday...

Youd think after I warned the RIU their gear checking was HOPELESS...just like themselves...

They allowed the winner of the first to go through 'checking' with incorrect gear...holy F

...only after the race when Oatham was doing the usual check for bleeders et el at the winning stalls...did he realise the error

How could some 'Integrity' outfit allow themselves to be so humiliated again in the space of 2 weeks??

Maybe they enjoy being spanked...good on them...who doesn't?

But this is about Thoroughbred Racing's INTEGRITY....

INTRGRITY in the 'product' that Punters can rely on

F in Hell...

....if that wasn't bad enough some of the 'Trainers' had a TOTAL meltdown

One tried to present a filly to race in the place of a Gelding....all saddled up and ready to go....fined 5 Hundy

2 others presented theirs without notified gear...which UNBELIEVABLY was picked up...after Oatham had a meltdown with the 'checker'....after the first race DEBACLE

This is BUSH racing at its worst...not even outback Alice would allow so many F Ups....

It's long overdue that the HOPELESS RIU had a TOTAL audit of their HOPELESS Protocols then...should have happened months ago

The INTEGRITY of the Thoroughbred industry hinges on it...

Where are you Bernard....asleep at the wheel?

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

What an absolute F in DEBACLE at Timaru yesterday...

Youd think after I warned the RIU their gear checking was HOPELESS...just like themselves...

They allowed the winner of the first to go through 'checking' with incorrect gear...holy F

...only after the race when Oatham was doing the usual check for bleeders et el at the winning stalls...did he realise the error

How could some 'Integrity' outfit allow themselves to be so humiliated again in the space of 2 weeks??

Maybe they enjoy being spanked...good on them...who doesn't?

But this is about Thoroughbred Racing's INTEGRITY....

INTRGRITY in the 'product' that Punters can rely on

F in Hell...

....if that wasn't bad enough some of the 'Trainers' had a TOTAL meltdown

One tried to present a filly to race in the place of a Gelding....all saddled up and ready to go....fined 5 Hundy

2 others presented theirs without notified gear...which UNBELIEVABLY was picked up...after Oatham had a meltdown with the 'checker'....after the first race DEBACLE

This is BUSH racing at its worst...not even outback Alice would allow so many F Ups....

It's long overdue that the HOPELESS RIU had a TOTAL audit of their HOPELESS Protocols then...should have happened months ago

The INTEGRITY of the Thoroughbred industry hinges on it...

Where are you Bernard....asleep at the wheel?

I presume you are referring to the absence of the nasal strip on Glory Chance.

57 minutes ago, Freda said:

I presume you are referring to the absence of the nasal strip on Glory Chance.

Hey, it's not a biggy Freda...

...but it's the fact they were aware their system checking was a big FAIL....and they've continued on FAILING

If I'm picking this stuff up visually just how many others unseen have they been missing over the last year?

Gordon was not only applying VISORs willy nilly but also Strips on a Prem day...which again the RIU failed to pick up

Glory Chance had shown good improvement with the strip on last 2 starts...and in winning failed to match its previous rating

On 29/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Goober Godber is in charge of the RIU - are you letting him off the hook?

Goober has long been a lost cause...he's a Harness man who knows NOTHING about Thoroughbred horses... 

Bernie should be aware of this by now...especially the fact that since NZTR lost the Integrity arm to a tri code farce it's been a dead set shocker for our industry

On 29/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, Shad said:

At least they picked up the wrong horse had been saddled up, or we could have had another de monfort episode, as for the good spanking, only allowed if your wearing your leather jockeys.

That's true I guess....the trainer said the Filly and Gelding were "almost indentical"...

...lucky he's not married to an identical twin then or he could've been in a lot more shit...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Bernie should be aware of this by now...especially the fact that since NZTR lost the Integrity arm to a tri code farce it's been a dead set shocker for our industry

Which is going to get worse with the creation of a Mega-Judiciary arm probably under the control of Godber and the abolition of the JCA independence!

8 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Goober has long been a lost cause...he's a Harness man who knows NOTHING about Thoroughbred horses... 

Bernie also knows nothing about thoroughbreds Thomass, 'gallop every day'' will haunt him as long as he haunts Petone.'

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Which is going to get worse with the creation of a Mega-Judiciary arm probably under the control of Godber and the abolition of the JCA independence!

Well I've long been in favour of the Australian system...and the ability to appeal after the hanging judge has executed said guilty party

We're in no position to be romanticising about a Rolls Royce 'Justice' system when we run a Trabant Racing program....

The JCA largesse should be done away with yesterday..

..imagine an ex Jockey Stipe having to explain the technical aspects of a Thoroughbred's momentum to a City Lawyer...which is what mostly happens now

1 minute ago, Thomass said:

..imagine an ex Jockey Stipe having to explain the technical aspects of a Thoroughbred's momentum to a City Lawyer...which is what mostly happens now

You are assuming that the Stipe's actually know which given your constant haranguing of them according to you they don't know.  So we will now have the incompetent becoming Judge and Jury.  Good luck with that. 

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You are assuming that the Stipe's actually know which given your constant haranguing of them according to you they don't know.  So we will now have the incompetent becoming Judge and Jury.  Good luck with that. 

Look you're missing the POINT and I've got giant Tomatoes to protect from pecking f in Minor Birds...

..suffice to say the Jury you refer to were made up of ex Cops, Lawyers, and Real Estate agents...

Ex Jockey Stipe Williamson having to explain himself to a feckless Estate Agent is beyond the pale...even to a Remueraite, ain't it?

We've seen some Betty Crocker's over the last year but today's Reefton debacle would have to take the cake...

How come the South Island are involved again...moonshine season?

Race 3 was a farce of biblical proportions..

....PauI I don't punt Harris must have been punting when he saddled his two up and stuffed the saddle cloths up their jackseys...

...anyway after an interminable time where it looked like the Keystone Kops were in charge...they finally got scratched but not before Pitty's warm FAVOURITE went nuts in its stall...poor thing...who wouldn't?

Then the Vet was woken up from their wee nap and asked to inspect the lacerated animal...only they forgot to look at where the cuts actually were....on its head...not its legs...

Passed fit, it came back with bleeding around its eyes from the lacerations... after being smacked up by the stalls in a 5 minute MMA cage fight while waiting for Harris's f up to be drawn out...

So the FAVOURITE Punters got done yet again and NZ Racing's Integrity Unit behaved like a bunch of toothless eunuchs asleep at the wheel

#integritynzstyle

Edited by Thomass
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

Very good summary of the debacle, horses were in the gates for some time, not ideal for those inexperienced runners, also shame for the club with the revenue lost from the late scratched horses, no fault of the club, all things aside, was a great days outing, track was great, weather held up good, considering the forecasted monsoon weather, racing very competitive, good crowd, hopefully the turnover was tidy, all horses and riders pulled up well, what more could one ask for, well done to the club, let's hope their back next year.

• Like 2

What a shambles, I feel for the club specifically and Coast racing generally for the spectacle that focused so much attention on it.

Those two horses were presented [ so I believe ] about one  minute before the advertised start time, they should have been sent back smartly and late scratched. 

What were the stipes doing?   Asleep at the wheel doesn't even start to describe the b/s.

And - as well - there is [ was? ]  a rule which stated horses must carry their weight to the start. No more getting led to the start unmounted.   An unfair advantage to those horses [ they said ] compared to the rest which have been ridden down, and ridden around at the barriers.

I sacked a horse once that rule appeared, the blasted thing would run over its strapper,  and upend itself in the garden if mounted in the birdcage, and I decided that rider and handler safety were more important.

Many a time you see reluctant loaders being persevered with, only to walk in much more willingly once the rider dismounts, that does appear to be allowed [ and at the discretion of the starter, as it should be ]  but I'm not aware that the rule has changed apart from that.

Yesterday, we see Moseley leading the third horse of that trainer around, while  most of the rest were waiting - and waiting - in the gates.  Later on on the day, several horses were being led by barrier staff while riders leaned on the fence...when did the rule change?  I'm not aware that it has, and if it hasn't - wtf are the stipes doing?    Keystone cops indeed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Freda said:

And - as well - there is [ was? ]  a rule which stated horses must carry their weight to the start. No more getting led to the start unmounted.   An unfair advantage to those horses [ they said ] compared to the rest which have been ridden down, and ridden around at the barriers.

What rule is that? They are required to be ridden in front of the stand though the stipes can exempt that from memory.

3 hours ago, Freda said:

What a shambles, I feel for the club specifically and Coast racing generally for the spectacle that focused so much attention on it.

Those two horses were presented [ so I believe ] about one  minute before the advertised start time, they should have been sent back smartly and late scratched. 

What were the stipes doing?   Asleep at the wheel doesn't even start to describe the b/s.

I sacked a horse once that rule appeared, the blasted thing would run over its strapper,  and upend itself in the garden if mounted in the birdcage, and I decided that rider and handler safety were more important.

Many a time you see reluctant loaders being persevered with, only to walk in much more willingly once the rider dismounts, that does appear to be allowed [ and at the discretion of the starter, as it should be ]  but I'm not aware that the rule has changed apart from that.

Yesterday, we see Moseley leading the third horse of that trainer around, while  most of the rest were waiting - and waiting - in the gates.  Later on on the day, several horses were being led by barrier staff while riders leaned on the fence...when did the rule change?  I'm not aware that it has, and if it hasn't - wtf are the stipes doing?    Keystone cops indeed.

Is anyone accountable?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Freda said:

Yep, if it's not a Rule they've certainly stipulated it's a 'requirement' now...

Harris got fined for mixing his saddle cloths up at Omoto as well....

Has he got dyslexic staff perhaps...or non numeric dyscalculia phobics??